Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your NSVs

I had a pretty satisfying NSV yesterday. I finally came to the conclusion that all of my XL (17-17 1/2) shirts were too big. I went out shopping for Large (16- 16 1/2) shirts. I was still skeptical that a Large wouldn't fit, so I tried on everything that I picked out and they all fit. Having gone from a 2X-X to Large was very gratifying. I felt like yelling

"I'M A LARGE!! I'M A LARGE!!". I haven't worn a men's large anything since Junior High School 35 years ago.

It felt good, really good! :crying:

Bryan

Edited by BDS_Geologist
spellign

I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at the beginning of the month and rode every carnival ride I wanted to, without worrying whether I'd fit!

ShrinkyDink and Living My Dream, I've been going to Curves since October of last year and I LOVE it! I go 5, sometimes 6 days a week, and I'm convinced it has made a huge impact on my weight-loss and reshaping. I got my "100 workouts" shirt earlier this month! Do your Curves locations have the CurvesSmart program? That's a great motivator for me.

Yes I'm planning to start the Curves Smart thing next week, wanted to make sure I could do it first and I'm loving it!

I have another NSV, I went into Dress Barn and automatically turned to the plus size side of the store where I've shopped many times for size 26 clothes. I picked up several dresses in size 18 and they were all too big! I ended up buying a 16 from the misses side of the store! I was so excited the salesladies thought I was gonna faint. I wanted to buy more but I'm trying to buy minimal clothes right now since I'm going through sizes so fast, can't wait to go back and buy a size 14!

I had a pretty satisfying NSV last weekend. My wife and I were visiting her sister's family in GA. My brother in-law has not so good naturedly ridden me about my weight since we met 15 years ago. He was bragging about maintaining his 38 inch waistline. I didn't say a thing, but my wife told him "Bryan wears a 36 now". Needless to say, it shut him up.

Bryan

I think I have said this before but at the time it was just something I could do on good days. I can where my engagement ring again. It was given to me by my DH who was then a high school sweetheat which was 21+ years ago. I haven't been able to wear them in at least 14 years. This is pretty satisfying for me!

• Having my husbands arms go around me
  • Being able to sit next to someone on the bus/train and not worry about squashing them
  • Walking up the stairs from the train and not being winded when I get to the street
  • Starting to have more confidence in myself and a much happier person
  • Crossing my legs
  • My wedding band/engagement rings fit, but are now getting to loose
  • I was nervous to walk into a regular size store because I thought the sales people would wonder what was this fat person doing there, but I did it and was able to fit into a size XL top from Ann Taylor

I've got 2 NSVs! First, at my surgeon's support group last Tuesday, I spontaneously crossed my legs! We sit in nice office chairs around a conference table, and I just shifted my weight to the side a bit and, before I knew it, I had crossed my legs. Of course, I had to crow about it to my group, and they cheered for me! It's great to be able to share things like that with people who understand what an accomplishment it is.

2nd, today I went shopping for a dress to wear to my father's retirement ceremony. I picked out some 18s at Dress Barn, not sure if they would be big enough. I tried them on, and they were actually a bit big in places. There were some size 16 dresses left in the dressing room from an earlier shopper, and my sister convinced me to try them on. Long story short, I bought a dress in size 16!! I was in a 26 before I had surgery last August! I was so excited and happy. I think my sister was almost as excited as I was!:scared2:

I've got 2 NSVs! First, at my surgeon's support group last Tuesday, I spontaneously crossed my legs! We sit in nice office chairs around a conference table, and I just shifted my weight to the side a bit and, before I knew it, I had crossed my legs. Of course, I had to crow about it to my group, and they cheered for me! It's great to be able to share things like that with people who understand what an accomplishment it is.

2nd, today I went shopping for a dress to wear to my father's retirement ceremony. I picked out some 18s at Dress Barn, not sure if they would be big enough. I tried them on, and they were actually a bit big in places. There were some size 16 dresses left in the dressing room from an earlier shopper, and my sister convinced me to try them on. Long story short, I bought a dress in size 16!! I was in a 26 before I had surgery last August! I was so excited and happy. I think my sister was almost as excited as I was!:laugh:

Congrat's on the dress shopping. I remember the day I first bought a 16 (which I hadn't been in since high school, more than 20 years ago). I was also attending a special event. 3 months later my husband and I were invited to a wedding so I wore the same dress - I was literally swimming in it. Now I'm a size 12 and I think the last time I was wearing this size may have been 7th or 8th grade. It's spectacular!!!

For the first time in our relationship (which started in high school) I am also weighing less than my husband. It's a daily game for us now, but a good motivator for him to lose the 15 pounds he needs to drop. I finally have a weight loss buddy in my own house! It's pretty cool!

Last week I went to the doctor's office and I've gained an inch and a half in height (has this happened to anyone else). I'm 40 years old, I know it's not growth, I'm wondering if I've just lost enough weight that im not as "compressed" as I used to be...thought it was weird, but it really changed my BMI and goal weight significantly.

Edited by Lezlie