Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 11/13/08

Dr. Victor Gonzales

Well, I just wanted to say that after getting banded 4 weeks ago I'm 15lbs down and 53 lbs to go. I just can not believe it! I have gone on so many diets of course and have never had this kind of success. My co-workers have notice my weightloss so I'm very excited that I had this procedure done. I would encourage anyone that is thinking about having this surgery will be very pleased with the results. Just Do it!

weight.png

Edited by vja30

Thanks, I'm glad I found this website it's very helpful.

Hi, I have my first fill on Monday, December 15th. So far I have not been sick at all but after reading a few articles regarding what to expect after your first fill I'm starting to get worried.

First time on the site. I'm going to see the MD at the end of Dec to plan Surgery for Feb. After hearing Oprahs frustration on MOn it just makes me more positive that this is the right avenue for me because like her and many many others I'm smart I know what to do but the weight is a constant battle and I'm so tired of the fight.

Don't worry about it, but don't expect restriction on your first fill. I just had my 5th and I finally feel restriction. My dr goes slow but it has finally paid off.

jazie

I totally agree with you regarding you know what to eat and Protein and little carbs etc..I'm the exercise queen I've had a treadmill elipical machines expensive ones that I have cost me about $2,000. My weight problems started around the ages of 11 and 12 due to my mother working alot of long hours and I lived off of top ramen, chicken pot pies which I totally do not eat anymore. My weekends with my father was no better after going to the movies we dined on pizza, chinese food and of course his favorite Wendy's. I went through high school starving myself and doing liquid shakes. I felt so much better and I was lot thinner but I develope keystones in my urine and I would only eat the same thing everyday at the same time CRAZY I know. After high school came the diet pills up until my early thirties. I just had giving up I was depressed and felt unattractive and to be honest my doctor says no way you would ever get approved for this surgery since I had no high blood pressure, diebities and for the most part I was healthy but obeses since I'm only 5"0. After submitting my medical records from every clinic from my home town of Oregon and also Las Vegas, NV the doctor could not believe that I had went to every doctor in town regarding my struggles with weight. I said let's submit the request to have surgery since you never know what could happen. I wrote a letter stating that I can not have children being as heavy and my weight problem is getting worse. This surgery is my last chance live a normal life without shopping at plus size stores and having to cover up all the time since I'm hiding certain parts of my body that are bigger then others. After 6 weeks I was approved by PHCS. I feel so much better now that I lost 15lbs that I'm finally coming out of the closest (meaning not hiding) and now starting to date again. Just like oprah I have been there and I don't even have my on private chef or trainer. So don't think about it and say now I'm starting a new chapter of my life in 2009.

Congrats on your persaverance and making the decision and commitment to make your life better. Heres to your success and mine!

I am nine days post op, an everything is going great! 17 lbs gone since pre op diet......wooohooo! I have a question about fills. When is the last time you can eat before your fill? Is there a certain, prefill diet? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!