Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded Next Week - Emotions ??

Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled for surgery July 26th. I knew surgery was scheduled but when the Dr.'s office called this week and told me my time for surgery - a huge wave came over me of excitement, nerves and fright came upon me. I've been going a 150 mph, trying to get everything done at work, home and preparing for the 'big' day. Did you all go through this emotional roller-coaster ? I'm sure if I maintained this speed, I burn all this fat away - I would collapse of course, but I'd be thinner. Just wondering how everyone coped with the nerves ....?

* Does the Protein shakes and Isopure drinks make you burp more ??

I am scheduled for Friday July 29th! I have cried, laughed, bite all my fingernails to nubs and am nervous, scared and excited all in one. I know exactly what you are going through. Just keep telling yourself, this is just one of life's journeys and at the end it will be well spent! Think Thin!

Guest Oh Happy Day:-)

I am scheduled for the 27th - very excited and nervous also! Was glad to see you both post about having surgery next week :-)

I was a complete and total nervous wreck! I spent a lot of time pacing, a lot of time keeping myself fully distracted, and I spent a lot of time here on LBT!

Good Luck and welcome to Bandlandia!

I had my surgery on July 6th and so far I am thrilled with it. I too was extremely nervous but we went to the beach the week before surgery and most of the time I was too busy with 2 ten year old nieces to think much about it. I am glad it's over and I have my band. Don't second guess your decision. Remember the reasons you started the process anyway and how much better you are gonna feel this time next year.

I am also being banded next week - July, 25. It is almost 3:00 in the morning now and I am feeling a wide range of emotions but mostly excitement and anxiety so I am having trouble sleeping. I find that what is reassuring me is reading posts on this website as well as reading positive comments about my doctor and his patient's personal experiences on other sites. Good luck!

Best of luck to you all.... I was very nervous and excited. Actually I was the worest the day of surgery when I was in the prep room all alone. Luckly they gave me something and everything was great from then on.

Good Luck and Welcome to life of a Bandster...I Love it.

Hi - Thank you all for sharing your inner thoughts. I'm glad I'm not alone during this.... I also find comfort and assurance in reading the posts, BUT there are times I think too much information can work against you. I've been reading posts and when I come across a negative post, I forget about the positive posts and focus on that. So I'm trying to be selective on what I read - how pathetic! The hospital called and woke me up this morning, they moved my appointment up. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I told them I'll bring donuts & coffee - after a good laugh I told them I was kidding. The only donut I'll be having is around my stomach! Okay, I have to go pace now. Hope you have a non-pacing day!

Hi everyone, and Congratulations to all July/August bandings!!

Pre surgery, I didnt have much time to think about it - with 3 little ones running around. Didnt do much home peparation either. I knew that IF I needed anything, hubby or my mom could just get it.

Then as the time got closer, like the day or 2 before, I started getting a little nervous... the "what ifs" started.

And BE CAREFUL not to have too many "last suppers". I think I had SO many that I gained 5 pounds the week prior to my surgery. That was a little depressing because that was an extra 5 pounds that I had (have) to lose. :D but this is normal for all of us to go through.

My family made me more nervous then anything else... the phone calls "How are you? Are you getting nervous?" at least twice a day. Sometimes I even avoided answering the phone!

THEN - the surgery. I spent the morning (before I was taken to surgery) in prayer and deep conversation with God. This helped my nerves most. Im not sure how I wouldve handled it any other way.

Once I was home, I was the same. Same size, same clothes, same me - just groggy and sleepy and a little sore and VERY hungry!

I remember thinking prior to sugery that this was going to be some major drastic IMMEDIATE life change... but its actually very gradual.

Good luck everyone! My suggestion is to try NOT to think about it too much. It will be here before you know it.

In answer to your question about Isopure, I have been drinking it daily and it does cause some gas, but I found that if I let it sit for few minutes to let the air settle and then drink it very slow it is not so bad. To discipline myself, I drink out of a 1 ounce medicine cup, when I'm done, I set the kitchen timer for 15 minutes, then go back for another cup.