Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op... ouch!!

Hi there. I just joined this site and was reading alot of posts on here before i had my surgery to prepare me for it. I was banded on Tuesday December 2nd 2008. My surgery went well and there were no complications. The scars are alot lower than i had origanally thought they would be. The pain that comes form those incisions is horrible. I feel like fire is blazing out of them everytime i get up. I hope this goes away soon. At this point the weight loss isn't even on my mind... what i constantly think about is when does the pain go away! I dont have a very high tolerance for pain unfortunately.. i am not even thinking about food either - not even the slightest bit hungry. How long is this horrible pain going to last???

It gets better every day. You should see a significant improvement in the first week any pain after week one should be very tolerable and improve daily.

I was feeling great on day 7 post op. No pain, but was sore. Post op day 7, I was driving, shopping, and cleaning house. Lots of energy and felt great.

You will get there too!

The first few days were ruff getting up and down. I think the worst part was the hospital bed! Once I was home things improved quickly. I was at Yankee Candle shopping on day 4:thumbup: the more you move around the better you'll feel good luck!

Edited by jeannined

I'm sorry you're having so much pain! Are you taking any pain relievers from your doctor or some Tylenol? I was told by my nurses to just keep up with them, not to be a hero, so I did. I think it was the fifth day that I finally switched to Tylenol, but I was still in some pain. I was lucky that I had a friend here to take care of everything so I could just sleep, drink, walk. ANYWAY, it does get better.

Something that helped me a lot was to hold a pillow against my stomach when I had to stand or lie down. Having support kept the incisions from burning so much.

It's Friday. Call your doctor's office and ask for reassurance before the weekend starts. I'm sure you're fine, but it may help you feel better to hear it from them.

Have you ever tried visualization? It's been proven to allieviate pain. Try sitting in as comfortable a position as possible and revisit your favorite place in your mind. Focus on the sounds, colors, smells, the feelings that you have when you are there. I like to go to a mountain lake and lie in the wildflowers, ahhhhhhh. Okay, now you know I'm a hippie at heart! I'm telling you that it helps if you allow your mind to go there.

You can also picture your incisions in your mind, imagine a warm, healing, bright, white, light, enveloping them and healing them beautifully and taking away the pain. Picture this for as long as you can. Picture yourself with this light around you also. If you are a religious person, then you can believe the One you love is healing you.

Sorry for the long post. I just really feel for you! Hang in there and keep us posted on how you're doing.:thumbup: