Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heat Wave, Humidity & Tighter Band?

Any of you expereincing a tighter band with this heat wave and humidity that is going across America right now?

I know for me, this week my band has been much tighter ever since this heat wave & humidity started here in Cali, my hunger is completely gone, I have to remind myself to eat just so I get in my protien and decent calories

Craziest thing..but I'm lovin' it!

Hmmm, nope, I'm feeling wide open. I'm going to Colorado tomorrow so I'm hoping for some KILLER restriction this weekend at high elevation!!!!

Its so strange that you mentioned that--i was just talking to my fiancee after we got back from eating out.i barely ate anything and im still stuffed 3 hrs later(it was a great feeling!!).i was saying how its strange that im not able to eat as much lately.i havent had a fill in a month either!i can only think that its the heat--or just a very weird coinsidence!! but im DEFINATELY not complaining!!!

Yup, yup, yup. I ended up drinking with my meals and soon after eating, trying to stay hydrated. Not eating much, but while I was in NY I was having SERIOUS issues with the heat. I figured that it was best of all to stay hydrated than to worry about anything else.

Today I had a coffee, very small Breakfast, 1/4 of a chicken strip, and two slices of a small, very thin crust pizza (without the bones). and I'm stuffed.

Nice to be home, but it's hot here too... Thank gawd that Seattle doesn't have much in the way of humidity. (We have mountians)

I'm not sure what's causing it but I have been very tight since last week. Either my second fill is kicking in or it does have something to do with the weather. I tell you this band is trippy.

Only my waist band.....lol

No band yet for me....... still waiting

Hmmm, maybe it does have something to do with the heat! I've definitely had a bit more restriction in the last week, taking me from almost-none to just-barely-enough. You may be on to something, La_Madam!

Nope, but maybe it is because Texas is hot most of the time anyway! I can't tell any difference here.

Same here...

no diffrence for me either!

BTW - if you guys LOVE this humidity/restriction thing... just move down here to Louisiana.

You'll get this feeling 12 months out of the year! :D

okay, yesterday was the 1/2 half of the Bite of Seattle. We had actually gone down to the Seattle Center so we could watch the new Willy Wonka movie at the IMAX. (WOW!)

It was/t too hot, but I was terribly stressed. I don't handle crowds of people at all well, and Mike could tell I was on the verge of total panic a few times.

I learned that when I get really stressed, my band shuts down. I believe I have a good fill level, but I got so tight I couldn't drink Water without it threatening to get stuck.

So, stress definately affects my band.

I was at a family reunion this weekend and the heat and humidity was horrible. I think the heat index was 117, and regular temps were 105-110 everyday. I definitely had trouble eating everything and hard time not drinking Water with my meal to get it down. One night I had 3 bites and had to wait for an hour for those to go down...heat really affects my band! OUCH!

Okay, reporting back from Colorado Springs and I have to report that the elevation did affect me a little bit. I did feel a bit more in control of eating there, but it still seems I can eat quite a bit. Tho I was proud to note that two eggs and two sausage links totally filled me up (solids ROCK) whereas in the past it would have taken three eggs, all four of the links that they gave me, toast, potatos, juice and I STILL would have been looking for ice cream for dessert.

I wonder if my results would have been different if I had any kind of fill. I haven't had my first fill yet and that may have made all the difference.

I was SO proud of myself this weekend because I ate RIGHT while on vacation, never slipped and the scale has rewarded me by showing a couple pounds gone. YAYAYAYAYAY!!

HECK YEAH! Just yesterday I looked down at my Band and asked her what her trip was. I even told Chris that suddenly my band snapped shut. Yesterday I was in the mountains though, so I attributed it to the elevation. But I'm back home now and it's still too tight to chug Water - this is sipping weather. Maybe instead of spending another $5,000 on another port I'll just have a sauna built in the backyard.

I was thinking that elevation might have an impact on me, since it sure does seem to have a big impact on the DH's band. When he comes to visit his band really gets super tight.

I had a small fill before I came back to school, but the elevation did not affect my fill level. There's a good 4,000 foot difference, so for me, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between elevation and restriction.

In fact I feel like I have absolutely no restriction. I know I do because I am happy on half of what I ate before banding. But I'm going to have to decide if I want to go to Boise or Salt Lake City for my fills. 3 hour drive vs 12 hour drive