Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Frustrations

I had the surgery done on April 22nd, 2008. I have not had many results. I had my first fill done in Mexico in June. They gave me 1 cc. I was able to eat anything I wanted after that, as if no fill at all. On an occasion, I would feel some discomfort when overeating, but it wasn't too bad. I had gained all the weight back that I initially lost, pre-op. In July, I found a fill doctor in my local area. He said that I was actually not at 1cc because of air draining from the band. He then who added .7cc. I was at 1.5. It restricted me minimally, so I scheduled another appointment with him for the following week. At that time he gave me .5 cc. I was at a full 2 cc. I was able to have restriction only when I ate fast without chewing well. Still, with eating solids, I didn't lose any weight. I scheduled an appointment with him in October for a fill. He again instructed that I had lost some air in the band and was under 2 cc. So, he told me that he would fill me to the 2 cc mark again. I was frustrated by this. I didn't want to pay again to get the same amount that I paid for before. I didn't understand this air issue and this was my 4th fill with no significant weight loss. I insisted that he fill me to 2.5 cc then we would do an unfill if necessary. Although he was reluctant, he did the fill. After this fill, I couldn't even drink Water. I was TOO TIGHT!! I was miserable, not hungry at all, but feeling dehydrated. I couldn't swallow my saliva either. The doctor was closed the following day and I actually considered going to ER for an unfill. So, this was 2 full days being miserable. The 3rd day, the doctor unfilled .4 which now has me at 2.1 cc total in my band. I felt great after that. I was restricted to only eating small portions, I was eating 3-4 times per day, really small portioned meals, and I was losing. I have since lost about 14 pounds. But, now I'm at a stand still again. I haven't seen any weight loss in the last two weeks. And my portion sizes are beginning to increase again. I have been looking at others progress and I see that there are some people who are close to their goal weight who have had surgery around the same time as I did. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to feel like what I did was in vain. I thought this was going to be the end to my yo-yo dieting! :cursing: Any advice would be great.

Surgery date:04/22/2008

Highest weight: 210

PreOp weight 04/20/08: 200

Current weight 12/3/08: 188

Goal weight: 140

Height 5'0" / Start size 16-18

Have you considered going back to the post surgical all liquid diet for a week or two adding Protein Powder to your liquids and starting a very basic cardio plan such as walking? Your body may just be reluctant to letting the weight go, so you need to be sure to increase your exercise to get your metabolism going again. Once you do that, I'm sure you will start dropping the pounds.