Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

When I got dizzy I had to eat more food..........specifically Proteins and carbs helped stopped that. But also when I started eating those I didn't lose as fast...................but I sure felt better.

Hey girls! Wow you were all busy tonight. I'd like to get together next week but I'm only available on Tuesday. It's Sophie's birthday on Thursday and her last week of preschool so it's a busy week! If you all can do Tuesday then I'll totally be there!

Nicole, that SUCKS that your knees are getting worse and not better. I hope you can get into the doc soon and find out what's wrong.

Candi: Girl, I texted you about the dizziness today...you need more protein! That made a huge difference for me when I was feeling weak and dizzy.

Donna: I got your PM, sorry I didn't respond til now, I was at girls night. I think I will try to come with Soph on Saturday...we'll see how long we can last!

Tina: Hide that scale! It looks like you're losing tons of inches even if the scale isn't showing it for now. Don't sweat it, the weight will start dropping soon.

So Tuesday girls............I will go into work a bit early so I can stay for awhile!! 12 or 1? And where this time..........I am hungry tonight so anything sounds great!! I will probably do salad this time......I tried it and was fine...........so than I have had it three days in a row and now I am losing again..............I NEED my salads they keep me full longer so I am no craving Snacks all afternoon...............I just chew them really well and get Beans and cheese on them for protien...........

Hey Chris I am bringing my daughter to the meeting than we are doing a movie and a girls day after. She is good with kids so maybe, maybe............her and Sophie would hit it off and could go down to the cafe and get something to eat or they could wonder around in the lobby or something if she gets restless...........knowing my daughter she will bring her gameboy and IPOD. But it is an idea so you could come............

Oh my daughter is 14 by the way.............LOL. Responsible kid for sure but a bit bossy!! ;-P

I can be there at any time. Does 12 work for everyone on Tuesday?

Tina, I'm glad you'll be able to go on Saturday, this will be the first time you've been able to come right? You'll really like it. I always leaving feeling re-motivated and feeling really good about my decision and what I'm doing with my life (weight-loss wise.)

12 is great for me can we do Natomas area again so I can get back to work fast afterwards?

Yep my first time to go. Saturdays are family days but this time I blocked it out a month before..............I need to come to stay motivated and I am really curious to meet everyone and see what it is all about!!

Mimi's is a great place to go since they have Soup, salads and lighter meals for all of us in our different stages of healing. Wanna do Mimi's again at 12noon on Tuesday?

Hey ladies!

I will not be there Tuesday, I have to take the milk of magnesia lol and I am not leaving the house hahaha

4 more days! Holy sh1t!

So i'm ready, had my pre-op classes today, have the right Vitamins. Cleared out the cupboards and bought all my post op stuff for the first 2 weeks.

I'm soo ready to do this. Downside? Ummm.. I haven't told my parents lol! One I dont talk to my mom and two I dont want to tell my dad till after lol!

So I'm avoiding his house this weekend, sending the man and the kids up to see him while I clean the house and relax.

I'm done eating everything I wanted. Was going to go to italian tonight but decided to eat munchies stuff.

I'll go to the gym tomorrow, sat and monday. Have a bbq Saturday which I'm gonna stick to the pre-op diet and it's all good.

Lots of RNY's today in class, not so many banders. Kind of nice not to be the odd one out! lol!

Okay ladies, sorry to hear about your struggles. I'll be sure to have Pat text Christine and Nicole and let them know how i am :thumbup: Have a great holiday weekend!

Chris I think you and me are planning tonight.........

Lets to Mimi's at 12 on Tuesday. Who else can be there?

Sheena when I went to pre op It was mostly RNY and not so much banders................I think Kaiser does alot more RNY. Best of luck..........................

Of course i will be there tues sounds like i might have audrey also... we will see.

My inlaws wanna meet up not quite sure how i feel.

Mike went for a bike ride with me, well it was comical him in his ankle braces and me in my knee lol. But that is the one activity i got OK to do.. Takes forever to burn 300 cals thoguh jeez!

Whats everyones plans this weekend?

My knees are problems too. I have been limping around all day..........not a new thing for me I have had it for years. I hurt it five years ago and sometimes it gets bad for a week or so than I am ok...................running seems to make it achy.

I have been told I probably need to get surgery on it. But here is the thing I am not to excited about that!! Funny because I did go through with lap band but the knee thing I am not ready for yet!! I still think it will get better on its own

So Nicole I hear ya!! with me it is only the right one

Its annoying. If you feel the achy during working out thats hwen you stop i was told lol after being too late. When i was heavier i always had the problems where you know lay your knees on top of pillows and DONT MOVE, then in the morning it would be gone.

Now its just constant, icant even walk without pain its kinda weired.

Tina do you wear a brace or anything? If so where did u get it? I hate mine, it like pinches the inside of my knee...

I am determined not to regain my weight though even if it means takin tylenol and getting on a bike for 5 hrs lol:) Im thinking of trying the eliptical again next week.

Hey ladies....Is there anyway we can meet Tuesday at 1pm? if not I will just skip it...I don't want everyone to rearange for me, Ty has preschool that starts at 12:30....let me know...sorry

I can do either twevle or one...........I will be on call so I will have to keep my cell on but unless I get called out on an emergency I will be there!!

Just let me know................

My knee got twisted funny behind me when I fell and never really has been the same. The weight didn't help much...........I am hoping as the weight goes down it will get better on it's own...........if not I will go back in. I don' thave a brace or anything because I have not been back in for my knee in 5 years. I am bad I know..........my PCP thinks everything is weight related anyway...........she wants me to lose first. The previous doctor was not Kaiser so two doctors, two ideas on what is ok................I will go back in in six months to get it looked at if it still hurts. But the last week it has really hurt and I have been limping...........thanks to doing step areobices on the WII!!! reminder to self.........DON'T