Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I will not be at the meeting and am totally sad!!! It's my nephews first birthday right at 11!!! :unsure:

Ok fellow banders......Robin called today but I missed her call....but I went ahead and start stage 3 puree....I have a couple of questions.....did you guys puree everything....I mean if you are really aware of what you are eating can't you chew to the same consistancy? So today I had to take my hubby to the ER (he is doing fine so no worries:)) but I had 1/4 c cottage cheese for Breakfast and by the time lunch came around I was read to eat...well I couldn't get to food right away...so at 2 I went to the hospital cafeteria and got 2 hard boiled eggs and some tuna.....to my surprise I ate both eggs and about 2 or 3 table spoons of tuna...what the hell...thats alot....but then I was full all night......when I made dinner for the kids I took a couple of bites of potato salad that I chewed up really well and it wasn't much!!! But now I am totally nauseous and have been for about 2 hrs now......do you think its the amount I ate or maybe what I'm eating or both? I mean I went from cream Soup and cream of wheat to eating eggs and potato salad....

Anyway, just curious if anyone else ever experienced any nauseous cause it sucks!!!! :laugh:

Hey candy haven't had that happen but it does sound like maybe it is food related. Hope by this morning it worked itself out. So almost three weeks out now, time flies.

Reggie: Your up thinking about you this morning I know you probably already at Kaiser. Your gonna be so glad you did this!! Wishing you the best of luck.

Christine: Loved the youtube videos??

Well off to work ladies. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Reggie, I'm sure you are already at kaiser but I'm thinking about you - can't wait to read your next post.

Nicole, thanks for the pep talk. I did jump on the scale this a.m. and have lost 2 of the 4 pounds that I gained. I cut out all carbs. Guess my body just doesn't do well with them. My husband has been pretty good but he messed me up a little yesterday - LOL. We are both home together on Tuesdays so we walked in the morning for 45 minutes & again in the evening for 45 minutes. He's hard to keep up with but I'm hanging tough. So, here's where he tried to mess me up. He got me a DIET COKE as a reward for doing so well on our walks. He thought he was doing good but I let him know that those are no longer in my rewards list - neither is cheese cake - LOL. I got weak & took a sip of it then poured it down the sink :cursing:. Surprisingly though, it wasn't that hard to do :cursing:.

Donna, thanks for thinking of me.

I will be at there Saturday if I don't get lost. I'm not familiar with Sac but I'm sure I'll find my way. Does anybody know the address of that Kaiser?

PS: I keep chickening out at the pool! Really can't stand the thought of my cellulite ridden thighs on display like that LOL.

Have a gread day ladies!!

Good Wednesday AFternoon Ladies!

Hey Candra, and all who can make it...

we are going to be a good group on Saturday!

Just in case you need info...

Open to all Kaiser WLS Patients, Pre- and Post - OP, also to non Kaiser patients as well!

THIS Saturday, May 23rd, at 11:00 pm, we split to a separate bandster group before the end of the session.

Please feel welcome to join us, a great place to learn, meet some pretty cool ladies AND of course good support!

For all interested...the address is...

Point West Medical Offices

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

(Meeting the 4th Saturday of each month)

I won't be able to make it this Saturday - the kids and I are going camping for the long weekend. Has anyone heard from Reggie? I finally went to your You Tube site Christine - your daughter is adorable. It sure seemed like he was digging around on your fill - maybe I will pay closer attention to my next fill.

Hey girls! Reggie's hubby called me today (sorry, wasn't near a computer or I would've posted this earlier) and he said that she was out of surgery and in recovery. He said that everything went perfect and he was even able to go back and see her and she was going great. Just wanted to let you all know!

Go girl! I'm so proud of you and can't to hear all about your big day. You've made such a great decision!!!

Hey ladies!

Candra where is it that you live, ill go to the pool with you:) I understand the thigh thing.. have you tried a bathingsuit that has shorts?

Reggie: i been thinkin about you all day! Hope you are feeling.. ok.

So how is everyone doing? I am in a perm brace now, i cant even walk during the day without pain. My dr is talking knee surgery and i told her lets give it time.. Wonderful! I loose weight and get knee probs.. bla! And mike ended up in the er with to strained ankles so he cant walk for a week. so go us!

Did find out that mikes old boss is gonna try and pick him back up in august but im not holding my breath lol.

I wont be there on sat. I have to go to sac for a pp that evening and cant afford to go twice..:smile:

I have guys swim shorts and a tank top for a bathing suit..............even than I rarely swim.

Nicole have you guys tried for homeless assistance? They might be able to help with some housing issues and a downpayment or motel once your actually homeless. Just an idea.

Reggie: Girl hoping your doing well. YOur a bandster now!!!

Donna I like the EA active what about you? Better than we fit.

I will be there this weekend!!

Evenin y'all...go Reggie, it's your bandday, go Reggie, it's your bandsterday! Woo-hoo! How feelin? Thanks to Christine for the update, and we can't wait for your story! Hey Christine, do u know bout Sat yet? Sorry to who cannot make it, it is a holiday weekend, Nicole, what is a PP, and hope you and hubby are feeling better!

By the way, we usually sit together in the mid to back room all the way on your right when walking into the room.

Tina! That is so my idea of a bathing suit! You go Candra, cause I am not even attempting that one yet!

I do, I do really enjoy the Sports Active! Whoa, my legs felt like rubber afterwards, which is good cause this girl is working on bouncing her body back into health! It really tracks you well, Tina, did u start the 30 day challenge? It is also good, cause you can add any other cardio for a complete workout on your own, separate time or place! :smile:

I'm not sure if I'll go...Bri has to help his sister move so I don't have anyone to be with Sophie. I could bring her but I'm not sure how well she'd do in there for 2 hours. It might just be easier and more fun to have a date day with my girl. We'll see...

Tina: Im pretty sure we can get something, mike is a veteran so that helps. Im just hoping it doesnt get to that point. i SERIOUSLY regret moving out of our apartment. We could have afforded to stay thee just fine! Now if we wanted we wouldnt get approved. Oh well hopefully he finds something. If it comes down to it ill contact western to help me get a job.. Or apply at the banks.

Donna: PP= passion parties. I am a consultant, its how i pay my cc:D

Well ladies i ebtter get ready for bed.. ttyl:D

Reggie texted me this morning and wanted me to thank you all for your support. She says she is in a world of pain and that the gas is really bad. She also said that the next time someone tells her that Lapband is the easy way out she's gonna kick 'em, lol! She's gonna try to post later today if she's feeling up to it.

Take it easy girl! Don't be in a hurry to do anything except walk, sleep and sip. (((hugs)))

Edited by swishbc
typo

Reggie:

The pain does pass quickly. Gotta agree the gas pain is the worse. Drove me crazy!! But it gets better everyday. The first week is the worse. A week from now you will be so much better!!! Ah girl your a bandster now. Call if you need anything!!

I totally hear you about this NOT being the easy way out!!! It hurt a bit more than I expected but I am still glad I did it!! I am almost down 40 pounds................but if anyone says anything about this being the easy way I am gonna scream.............NOT THE EASY WAY..............at all. Between all the pre op rules, surgery and post op struggles and rules.............this is so not the easy way out. This has been one of the hardest things I have done............but my health is so much better and I feel so much better..........I would do it again in a minute!!

I agree totally the hardest thing I have ever done....all though I have lost alot of weight at this point I don't know that I would do it again!!! I may change my mind but for now I just have to enjoy the good parts.....I am still feeling ill to my tummy...not sure why.....