Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Reggie, you are do so great with this pre op diet!! I'd love to peak at your food log - LOL. 2 days girl! whoo hoo!!

Thanks Candra! My food log is quite deceiving, because I didn't quite follow the 1200 cal diet to a T. I did lots of Protein and very low carb. I had some fruit for a month and did away with it as well. The chicken thing that you are doing is good! Boil it if you can with lots of seasoning. I use a lot of garlic and other low cal spices.

Yes I am so excited to have this surgery, I'm also scared. I'm having head trips about death and that is not good. Did anyone experience that. On my way to my classes I saw two funeral cars and freaked out LOL.

Tina and candy thanks for the offer, I will let you know if I'll be in your area or I will pick one up from Health Center at Bruceville.

Chris,

You just shifted your weight loss process to high speed lol. You are doing great!Keep up girlfriend.

I worried about not waking up but I felt safe once I got there and saw all the medical people. I felt like they had it under control!!

Christine,

that was great. This was my first time seeing your youtube site & I watched all your videos. You are too cute! I didn't realize how great you did on your own with the 1200 cal diet. You have greatly inspired me to get on it!

I hear you loud & clear Reggie - LOL. I was afraid to deviate from the diet but not now - I will stay within 1200 cal but back to cutting out carbs.

Don't worry bout surgery - you will do great!

Don't worry bout surgery - you will do great!

Thanks Candra!

Yeah low carb works like a charm LOL!! Best wishes with it, I know you will be at goal weight in no time.

Rewggie...I totally worried about death...infact all I could think about was I decided to this and my kids are going to have to go on without a mom...it was horrible....I just kept thinking about everyone on here who had done so well and like Tina as soon as I got there I felt better....Thats one of the great things about lapband is the death rate is slim to non....thats another reason I chose this over gastric bypass......and I've heard that the few deaths that have occured with lapband have been because of other reason not the acctual lap band!!!!

I know you will do great!!!! But TRUST me you are not alone in the way you are feeling.....

Make sure your hubby lets us know ASAP when you are done!!!

XOXOXOXOXO :purplebananna:

Reggie your gonna do great!!! Will be thinking about you and checking the forum for updates.........everyone worries I was stressing big time the week before........go back and check my old posts!! LOL. I am so glad I did it, so glad!!

Christine I liked the youtube video. Didn't look to bad. Not sure about laying with my feet in the air for to long I am not that strong!! LOL. It was really quick..........WOw I could see that needle going up and up and up............LOL!!

candy LOL, OMG I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about death. I am feeling a little better right now as I prepare to take my MOM in the morning lol eekkk!

Chris, Candy, Tina and the rest of the Divas, thanks for all your support. I will try and post after surgery.

Good luck girl! I know everything will go great and can't wait to hear from your hubby tomorrow. You can do this!!! :purplebananna:

I did a 6 week post-op update and uploaded it this afternoon on youtube after I did the fill video. Check it out if you want!

Hope you all had a great day!

Christine I loved your video!!! One of the best fill ones I've seen - tell your mom thanks! Didn't see much of Dr. Baggs in it except some of his head shining, LOL :purplebananna: I am glad now that my port sticks out so much, cause he found mine first "jab" - at least the last time he did, who knows what he will find this time, but at least it's still sticking out there, I can sure feel it!

Yeah I must have had quite a bit of fat around my tummy where he put the band at surgery, and I don't know why I only got 1 cc at my first fill either, I had lost quite a bit of weight . . . now I have lost another 12 lbs. since my 1st fill, I hope that is enough to get 2cc's this time! I am eating WAY too much, but also an still getting stuck once in a while - esp. in the mornings, so I do have some restriction. How about you? Are you feeling restriction from this fill yet?

Praying for you Reggie!!!

Edited by riley4183

I checked out my pictures from surgery and I have more fat around my stomcach than I thought................I never really looked that closely..........now if I was the surgeon I would be tempted to get in there and pull all that out!! LOL

Have a great day ladies. Reggie you will do fine and the countdown starts today!!

LOL, Christine, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Call his cell and he will give you the update tomorrow. He is so "chicken" he may not call you lol, so you will definitely have to call him.

Thanks Tina, I guess today is it! tomorrow by this time I will be banded YAY!!!!

Good morning dear Tina! Do you know what I just did, I ate beef strips for Breakfast, now I feel really disgusting. It did not do anything to satisfy my appetite either! I mean physically. My stomach is still growing. I am going to give it up and go have a nice soy latte in an hour, at least it fills me up. Grr! Can't WAIT to get back to vegies.

Ate a bunch of salty food yesterday and am paying for it on the scale today. Bad scale.

I started running again yesterday, after my ankle injury I am really scared about it and I won't run on an uneven surface and I am still waering my hiking boots instead of my running shoes because they give me ankle support! I walk-jogged 4 miles before work this morning, I am dead set on putting in 10 miles a day total and since I have my support group meeting tonight I had to get as much in this morning as I could. God I look like a dork out there, fat jiggling (esp. the bat wings, I must look like I'm trying to take off & fly!!!), face bright red, huffing & puffing in my hiking boots! LOL, what a sight, this had sure better work!!! We (Santa Rosa Kaiser bariatrics program) are doing the Lake Tahoe Marathon 10K at the end of September, Kaiser if outfitting us - we are "Team Thrive" - but we have to pay for our own hotel and all, anyways that's the training goal so you see, I gotta staring runnning more! You guys should consider doing it too, it is even closer for you!! And VERY motivating :-) Here's the link Lake Tahoe Marathon

Reggie no one has ever died in surgery @ Richmond Kaiser, everything will go FINE I promise! I hope you got your CD to use tonight. We're pulling for you girl!

Happy Tueszday all :purplebananna: