Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I think the band take quite a bit more work on our own than I thought...............but the thing is I haven't had anyfills yet and I know this is considered bandster hell!! Hard to really judge from my position................probably need to give it another couple of months before I decide how easy or hard it really is!!

Nicole we do need a nighttime plan. I really am thinking about taking a class, exercise, summer school.........something to keep me busy at night. Or course once I go back to work I do alot of court reports home at night so that takes up my time too................

I am in snacking mode tonight and had to put everything in the cupboards. Gonna go to bed and give up the head hunger fight...............LOL.

Ok ladies talk to everyone later!!

I don't think i knew this wouldn't be hard. I read soo much on bandster hell lasting until we were at our sweet spot. I knew id still have to diet. I think i might have thought restriction was something else. The day after my fill was pure hell.. i was worried that was restriction.. now I can eat bread etc freely again, but however i do get the full feeling sooner, but ironically lol im hungry sooner also... go figure.

What i think is insane is i never snacked pre-band. My husband thinks it is a case of depression/self sabbotage. I have been going thru panic over being skinny (another go figure) i watch a lot of law and order, csi, etc.. and all i think now is how the skinny girls get raped, murdered, kidnapped etc. Media is really bad.. I never had these fears before. Also, ive never been considered skinny or average sized.. so will people that get along with me still get along with me then? Will i fit in the same? And the biggest question is can i really be skinny!?!?!

Sorry for going off on my rant. I do have to report i havent snacked at all tonight:D And it is 11pm:) Yay me! lol.

Love you girls see some of you on Tues.

Nicole I think your onto something there. I have also had uncomfortable moments being thin. Which is weird but some of the male attention I get when I am thinner sorta bugs me. Feels stalker like actually!! Well makes me uncomfortable. I guess I don't know how to say bug off in a way that doesn't get me called a "@#*%&"........and than I feel guilty about that!! I sorta wonder too at times of my weight is a way to sorta "safeguard" myself.

Self sabateouge is a huge thing to think about. I worry that I might do that if I don't stay on top of things.............

Very interesting about TV..........hmm.......you are right!! And thinking about that gives me a very nervous/anxious feeling.

Last time I was thinner.....oh thinner for me (180) it was a weird transistion. I agree it felt weird, out of place. But I think if I would kept at that weight longer I would have gotten use to it!!

I did snack a bit. I know I was under 1000 today. But still I think snacking is a bad habit............terrible habit actually!!

Glad to be going to work tomorrow......;-)

Nicole your doing so great!! I guess now your mind has to catch up with your body!! So maybe the plateau is a really good thing for you right now!!

Edited by swrktp

Wow - I just read 4 pages of posts to catch up with the group. I was at my daughter's track meet all day Saturday and busy with chores yesterday so I didn't get a chance to log on to the computer. I needed to come back to work today to get a rest. :frown:

I am planning on being at Mimi's tomorrow at 1 pm. I will have to leave by 2:30 though to pick up my kids from school. I too need another pick me up as I am still stuck on a plateau - actually up 2 pounds which freaked me out. I do believe our bodies get used to fewer calories and the metabolism slows down to prevent us from starving. It was truly easier to lose weight pre-op on the 1200 calorie plan. I made up tuna last night and put it in my little 1/3 cup containers for lunch this week and I have switched to a low-fat yogurt and 1/4 cup edamame nuts for Breakfast starting today. I also brought some orange wedges left over from the track meet.

Nicole - I think it could have been your cold that made you feel really tight. I thought I was too tight after my last fill (which brought me to 6 cc), but as long as I chew good and eat slowly I am not too tight anymore. Sometimes, it doesn't even feel like I have restriction.

I too get the moody blues at least once a week where I am upset with my saggy arms and frustrated with how slow the weight is coming off. I have decided if it takes me another year to lose the 30-35 lbs I would like to lose, so be it.

See you tomorrow at Mimi's

You guys are the best!!!! Eang Soup for me!!! I love you girls!!!! :frown:

Nicole......that's so funny about the TV thing....before I had the surgery I had the exact same conversation with my hubby. I started freaking out about how skinny girls are always the ones getting hurt!!! I also wondered (because U've heard this before) will the same people still like me? You know my chubby friends.....which most of mine are....not all but most......will they automatically think I'm a bitch......I know really friends wouldn't but it happens!!!

I'm feeling better today!!!! 1 week post op!!!!!!! I was already out of surgery at this point!!! Funny!!!! I'mdown 2 more pounds which puts me at 30pds down!!!! WOW!!! The most I ever lost since being over weight was 32pds and that was about 2 yrs ago!!! I guess since I don't eat food anymore :thumbup: I thought more weight would be falling off......but I'll take what is coming off!!!! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies..

Thank Goodness for Heather!!

Heather, I can't wait to meet you - I was getting a little nervous about tomorrow. I even tried to get my husband to come with me but ... ! So, Heather, please come up to me if you can - I am about 5'3", 230lbs (ooh, did I just publicize that??) I have dark brown hair - died to cover the gray! It's about to the middle of my back and I have grey eyes - usually puffy LOL! It will be so nice to have somebody to go thru this with!!

Reggie - I LOVE THE PHOTO GIRL! You are very beautiful!!

Tina, with that face you should have been use to male attention a long time ago :thumbup:

In fact, you all are so cute I don't know why you got the band to start with. I wouldn't if I looked as good as all of you!!! I'm afraid to put a picture up now :frown:

Wish I could join you all at mimi's and finally meet my muses but I will be with Heather at orientation! I am officially on my way to being one of you!! Will write tomorrow when I get home to let you know how it goes!

Hey ladies!

Sorry I won't be able to make it Tuesday :frown: Wednesday my friends and I are going to sushi :wub: then Thursday night I have a dinner meeting. I have my pre-op appointments on Friday, so I don't want to tempt myself with even more yummy foods!

2 weeks and less than 2 days and I'll be in surgery!! Wooohoo!

I probably won't see any of you till your July meeting :thumbup: But I'll keep ya'll update with my blog that Nicole got me to start rny2009.blogspot.com

Sorry to hear that some of you are dealing with the negative self image stalls :thumbup:

So I just realized something......I haven't had any knee pain in days...I didn't even get it coming up the stairs.....wow....you have no idea how amazing that is for me!!!!! I don't even remember a time whne my knees didn't hurt!!!! WOW

BTW I think I'm going to bring Abbey tomorrow.......

Candra and Heather: good luck tomorrow ladies, this is the beginning to the start of your life;)

So what is our head count, Me, Christine, Pam, candy, Tina.. Donna are you coming?? I might have my monster hoping to not:D

So mike and i are under soo much stress now, his friend is telling him to get fitted tomorrow. Thats 80 we dont got. Then he got a ticket 2 months ago another 400 there.. which he did work for his friend and still hasnt been paid! I hope mike gets one of these jobs hes going after. The plan is for him to stay with mom and ill stay here to save up money for a couple weeks:)

So how are u all doing today..

I been a good girl:) had 1/4 c quiche 1/2 c sweet n sour pork and dinner who knows yet:D I went to the gym...

candy that is awesome!!! Isn't it nice to be able to do more!!!

We should all do a playmate next week. So the kids can get out and play. :frown:

So I just realized something......I haven't had any knee pain in days...I didn't even get it coming up the stairs.....wow....you have no idea how amazing that is for me!!!!! I don't even remember a time whne my knees didn't hurt!!!! WOW

BTW I think I'm going to bring Abbey tomorrow.......

What is Mike getting fitted for? Confused...

I'm pretty sure I'm coming tomorrow, but I'll know more this evening.