Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. I'm so so happy to hear that! What a gorgeous day for a walk too!

CoCo, how sad for us that you're moving and how great for you that you're getting this fresh start that you're wanting. Your hubby having plenty of work is always a wonderful thing. Wishing you all the best of everything in this move.

Chrissy, You can email or send me PM's anytime you want to ask about the Sleeve. I think you should also go and join verticalsleevetalk.com where everything is about the Sleeve. Obesityhelp.com also have a forum completed devoted to the Sleeve where you'll find lots of information. I'm Lee~ on both those sites. John is a great resource as well!

I had a fun day. First my friend Bonnie (whom some of you know from Kaiser support group) and I went to the Contra Costa Obesity Help luncheon out in Concord. It was fun to see people, eat good food on plan and participate in the clothing exchange. After that we raced over to San Leandro to the Obesity Help monthly support group. That was my first time there and it was a big group of very nice people. So my day was filled with lots of WLS support as well. I came home pretty wiped out.

It got late so swimming today was out, but I did get to swim for an hour yesterday. It felt really good to move and to get some sun.

I'm in my first weight stall but I'm not very concerned as it happens to so many transitioning to soft foods. I'm eating 1/4 to 1/3 cup of food three times a day so I know my respond soon. I have a feeling patience goes a long way on this journey, as does exercise so I'm going for a long walk in the morning.

Sweet dreams everyone and someone please post pics from today! :)

Hi everyone,

Sounds like a great day was had by all! Next week is wls group in Sacto right?

Congrats Chrissy on your decision. I am also going for the sleeve and Lee and John have been a resource. I am hoping that I can schedule my surgery for May as I have a couple committments that I need to work around. I will find out Tuesday--cross my fingers that Liz sees me while I am there on my phsyc consulant.

I want to see pics too!

Guest sodapop

Ohh my gosh thanks you guys! I am overwhelmed that there is so many nice people on her and that I met today. To be honest, it is so hard no a'days to find nice people anymore! It looks like I have found a home. my orientation is 2 weeks away and I hope I get to see my surgeon that day! All of you have inspired me so much! I have also never been so excited. I am going to join the sleeve website as well, still torn between the band and the sleeve but I am more toward the sleeve. With a great group like this? I think they will both work!

NICOLE: you gave me the greatest gift. Love you.

Guest sodapop

Okay guys. Ali2010 and Bella K Find me please??!!! I cant seem to find my way I joined the sleeve website. I am chrissysodapop on there as well. SO GLAD TO BE HERE!

Chrissy, I accepted your friend request at verticalsleevetalk. Start reading over there and you'll find lots of good information. Put the word "revision" into the search box and you'll find banders that had to be revised to sleeve because of malfunction etc. I think it's good information to have when making your decision.

Good Morning everyone!

Happy Sunday, been awake since 6:45 doing laundry, woke up with tons of energy! Guess it was that walk :laugh:

Going to do some more walking this evening with my bestfriend.

Someone please post the pics! I cant wait to see, or email them to me...hehe!

Donna ~ Ask your husband if he wants the ferrett first before I take him from Nicollie. Just don't wanna jump in front of you if you really want him :smile:

Good Morning!

Cloudy but not raining so I'm going for a long walk this morning with my best friend and her two dogs. I love going to the dog park because it's on the bay and there's lots of dogs running free, swimming and playing together. Always really joyful. Not sure about the rest of my day yet.

Does anyone live near Elk Grove? I'm going to be up there tomorrow (Monday) night at the Holiday Inn Express off Hwy 99. Anyone want to meet up for dinner at Mimi's (next door to Holiday Inn) at around 7pm?

Welcome Chrissy! Great group of ladies to be part of! Congrats on orientation! Would be happy to answer any questions.

Glad you all had such a wonderful time at Pat’s!!! Can't wait to see the pics! Sorry I missed it. Hope to make the Sac Point West mtg next Saturday.

Happy Sunday!!!

Good Morning John!

When is the next Kaiser Richmond meeting Lee? Now with me moving to Pinole in April, I will be 10 mins from there and can attend easier. Plus with my mom living with me = babysitter...LOL :laugh:

Point West is next Saturday right? I will try to make it. Tomorrow is my big day. Have to be at the hospital at 6:00 AM which means up and out the door by 4:00. I think I am ready to go. Thanks for all your support and help as I made my decision. You are a fabulous group.

:laugh:

Laurel, We're saving you a spot on the Loser's Bench. You're going to do great tomorrow! Let us know how you're doing.

Tamra, 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month. I marked my calendar so I'll always know when it is.

Tam Tam I will post pics at work tomorrow my computer doesnt let me from home. Weird. I dont think Donna wants Zero so he is all yours lol...I told Robbie and he felt good that he was going to someone we know. hehehehe. YAY

Good luck tomorrow Laurel. You will do great! Enjoy the heating blanket and air they give you!!

Laurel, you're going to do great! I will thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way. Let us know how your doing once you feel up to logging on.

Looking forward to Saturday's group and hearing some great things from everyone. I left feeling very motivated after the last group. I am in need of the clothing exchange as I am moved down to a 22 and hopefully will be a 20 in the next couple weeks.

I need some help with food; getting burned out on turkey patty and cottage cheese. I am not much a cook and have teenagers so if you have some receipes that will work for the family send them my way. If regular email is easier alibermudez@comcast.net Today I am going to make the yummy chili (and easy too) recipe that nicole gave me.

Point West is next Saturday right? I will try to make it. Tomorrow is my big day. Have to be at the hospital at 6:00 AM which means up and out the door by 4:00. I think I am ready to go. Thanks for all your support and help as I made my decision. You are a fabulous group.

:laugh:

Laurel

Wishing you all the best. It will go quick. Just know that the nurses don't get there until 6:30 so if you aren't there at the crack of sick it is no big deal. The registration doesn't take that long. Make sure you get them to hook up the vacumm cleaner hose to your stylish very large paper gown - it blows warm air on you and will make you feel all toasty and relaxed. You will be a true SOS Sister of Surgery in no time!

Heather, Donna, CoCo, Tamra, Chrissy and April - I can't thank you enough for making the long drive yesterday. It was so much fun and a beautiful day. I loved having everyone. I will post pics in a bit, but I think Donna took more since I didn't have my camera on our walk.

Riley - it is always so good to be with you - you make me laugh and laugh. We seriously need to get together more - let me know about the walks on Sat. and you need to come back down here - you didn't do all 3 ponds likes the rest of gals!

Tamra and Nicollie - you are doing so great. You can see such a difference in both of you. You are both beautiful ladies and gettin more so pound by pound!

Heather - I can see a difference in you too - the exercise is really making a difference. Also you have so much more endurance. I hope you had fun with you friend in RP and a relaxing evening.

Donna - it was wonderful to spend some time catching up and talking on the walk. You really really are getting smaller. I love that you are happy with how things are going - your perspective is great. It really helps to focus on the big picture - it isn't a race - it just matters that it comes off and how we feel.

Chrissy and April - it was great to meet you. I am so glad you had a good time and a chance to meet some of the terrific gals on here. Chrissy, thank you so much for your help cleaning up - it made getting ready for the second party so much easier and faster!

OK - so Here is our Next Challenge. Everyone is going to work on their exercise (Heather - remember you are suppose to kick my butt into doing this) and getting up more endurance. In the summer - say in 5 months - in August. We are going to do this again, only we going to walk both parks - the trails that we walked yesterday and then connect over to Schollenberger and walk that. Then a BBQ outside in my back yard. Are you up for it? And we need to rope in those missing today!

Love all my SOS and BOS!