Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Wow candy, today was the day!! I am jealous - never thought I'd feel jealous of sombody having surgery. Hope you're feeling like your old self soon!!

Thanks for the inf Christine! The word "radiology" had me a little spooked - LOL. liquid chalk sounds painless enough :thumbup:

Reggie, I think you are correct. I am Candra &(desperate1) and meandmywieghtloss is Candy. She's the lucky one that got banded today - I can't wait!!

I look forward to hearing about your journey, Candy!!

Hey Riley does you port still hurt?? Mine is killing me still. I am wondering how long this lasts???

candy I cant wait to hear how you are doing. Enjoy the sleep, i loved it, i got to stay in bed while mike got auds after surgery lol.

Wow ladies!does anyone LOVE scallops like me if so make this recipe:

Legal Seafood Style Baked Scallops Recipe : Recipezaar

So to die for. I only got .5 and just played with the numbers.

Hubby loved them soo much along with the steamer bag broccoli that he had 2 servings.. lol, poor thing didnt have lunch so i guess he is ok.

So how was everyones day?

Tina..

I am 5 weeks now and I dont feel my port at all. Infact it all went away during week 3 or 4. Can't remember exactly. I do know when i do too much i do feel it. I have more of a pain in my right side then left..

Thanks Nicole

My port feels like it is poking out. When I get up or down it feels like it is pulling something apart inside..........I am sure it is just healing. But it is hard to drive and move around. Sitting in my car to drive is a killer........I have a small car. Getting in and out of chairs still hurts too......but only in the port area.

I look forward to it fading out soon. Some people are telling me it never stops hurting. I gotta believe that is not true.

Anyone else overwhelmingly tired? I remember Liz said that the first three month you would be "more tired than you have ever been" but this is more tired than I expected. I talked to a nurse here and she says it is a result of the anesthesia, not to mention the shock of being on a liquid diet and the trauma of surgery..............she said 8 weeks to feel normal but really a good 3-4 to feel like you get your energy back!!

My BP is to low even without the meds so I am going back to the doctor this week to see what is going on. How could it go from to high to to low in three weeks??

But at least not cold all the time and I still have my hair so far..............

Christine, thanks for the update on candy this morning! I hope you are feeling fine Candy, I' waiting to hear all about your experience considering I will be there in two weeks!!

Candra, thanks for the confirmation on names. You will be there soon. When is your surgery?? I don't see any siggy for you. I hope all is well with candy.< /p>

candy hope all is well..............

Reggie your up next girl!! Pretty soon we will all be banded and part of the bandsters............I still can't believe I have the band sometimes.............I wanted this for so long and now it is hard to believe how fast it actually went..........

Anxious to know if Candy is doing ok. I am sure she is sleeping away...........I know that is what I did the first three days!!

Yes Tina I can't wait. I'm having a tough time sticking to the diet however I'm making sure that I stay under surg. goal weight. I don't have any room for any last minute meals :-(( Oh well c'est la vie! I hope you get your energy back soon!

Hey girls! I talked to candy tonight for a few minutes and she's in a good amount of pain. She's just trying to walk and rest and hoping to get some sleep tonight. I'm sure she'll post soon.

She got to leave at noon and was home around 2 so she had a good part of the day back at home to start recovering.

So glad she is doing well!!

The only thing i have is i am always cold.. ALWAYS it is ridiculous! I still stay up all night so no im not always tired.

Tina i hope you get this bp thing taken care of! Ibet thats why your tired!

Thanks Tina, that sure helps! I did not recognize you from your little pic on here! Wow you girls are all LOOKERS!!! Watchout, world!!

I know what you mean about the faster weight loss with RNY, but there are reasons we didn't do it that way! Remember all of those things . . .but it IS hard to put up with less, my goals were to lose 40 pre-surgery then 20 right after, then settle down to a nice 1-2 lbs a week for a year. Well I lost 43 before and 30 after, I now that I have slowed down to a crawl - which WAS my PLAN - I just hate not losing at the same rate as (most of) my RNY friends! It seems that they don't have to work for every single pound like we do - but then again, they are not learning to work for them, and we are. No, I'm VERY glad I had lap-band and not RNY. I just want to lose at that rate until I'm tired of it - ha!:thumbdown:

I think I'm the only one having the RNY, but I think most of you chose the bands for reasons that didn't apply to me. I original was a bander though but I'm not having any more kids lol!

I'm excited to lose it fast, but banders are lucky because you all will be able to eat what you like when you crave, just in little portions. RNYers can't, at least not without nasty side effects.

I'm the last of our little group that met in January to go under the knife! Woohoo for me.. okay.. not really, I'm too impatient! Reggie I'm excited, you go before me! My date is the 27th, so a little more than 3 weeks!!

I'm ready! I'm going to try and make this months meeting, or at least try and make june's :blink:

Hi Reggie, I don't have a date yet - my orientation isn't until a week from today - so the 12th. My BMI is just barely 40 so I hope that I don't have to lose too much weight before I get surgery. I had a sleep study done on 4/15/09 and I have sleep apnea - This all started due to chronic fatigue & migraines! So I did the sleep test and the night I did it they said I stopped breathing and average of 5.5 times per hour and I woke up 12 times & didn't even know it!! My fabulous doctor said that I would be cured with weight loss. It's when I get overly tired that the headaches come on. They wouldn't be so bad but the nausea makes me vomit till there's nothing left! And when I'm so tired all the time I just grab something easy to eat like fast food or Cookies. Something I don't have to cook.

Tina, I hear what you are saying about being tired all the time but I hope It can't be as bad as how I feel now - by two I need a nap!

I don't know how to do a siggy but i"ll try to figure it out - I also want to try to do one of the weight loss tickers everybody has. I'm a rookie - I'll get a pic up too as soon as i can figure it out LOL

What's this you say, Tina, about having all your hair still?? Do most people lose their hair after getting banded - AND NO DIET COKE??? I'm a two liter a day type a gal - I did give it up once for about 6 months but found that I absolutely need the caffeine to stay awake. Hopefully, my doctor is correct and this fatigue will all go away with weight loss & I won't need it anymore!!

Anybody else feel like this.... As soon as i found out I would be put on a 1200 calorie diet at orientation I got a slice of cake - I feel like I'm eating out of control now - like the last supper - grrr!

I had a psych eval done too already (march 12th) because they kept telling me that my headaches and fatigue were caused by depression - psych said I'm not depressed - I'm "fatigued". Since I've done this already will I need to do it again? I was hopiing that I was already half way there and this would get me banded faster - Any thoughts?

Hope all is well Candy!!! Every time I see your name on here I think they are talking to me for a split second. All my old friends call me that :thumbdown:.

Ok, Ladies - have a great day

Candra

Oh, yeah.... RNY, Is that the bypass surgery? I have a friend that did that a couple years ago - she's 5'2 & was 312lbs. She got down to 130 but is now back up to 215lbs. They just gave her the surgery but no rules or eating guidelines - she didn't get it done thru Kaiser.