Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey Christine I hear you about being kinda bitter about other people eating. I was at a salad place last night...........people where eating these huge plates of salad and I don't know why but I was getting a little irratated with everyone!!! I thought how rude of you to eat and eat and eat like that.....................than I started to think what is wrong with me thinking that way!! LOL

My daughter got a salad and I added garbonzo and kidney Beans, feta cheese and cucumbers, on it so I could pick things out of the salad. That way I felt like I "got to have a salad"............well you know I wanted that salad so bad I ate that "extra last bite" when I knew I was full............ah ouch, and I got to feel the PB'ing for a minute there..... I had to get up and walking around for awhile to work it out.........and you know I only got to eat about 1/4 of that stuff............the plate was full still of my "special stuff." I was sorta upset that I only got to taste eveything but not really enjoy it!! LOL.

I used to be able to eat the whole salad by myself three weeks ago!! LOL. I thought I do have restriction for sure............I sure did see and feel it last night. I literally got to taste everything only.

I also miss the things. For me I am missing my diet coke. I was a six pack a day until December and orientation when I went down to every other day!! But still that is a huge lose for me................I think I must have gained most of my weight on diet coke. Go figure. I drank more of that than I actually ate!!

I am so glad I have everyone else here as well. You guys have totally been my support system. I think people try to understand but unless you have been through it you just don't get it!!

Hey candy I will forward you my phone number. Of course you can have it!! We all need each other as a support system..........

The milk of magnesium worked for me. To well!! I guess everyone is different. I had to be by a bathroom all day!!

Funny thing is I was playing around on the internet last night and found the WLSchannel. I watched all that too. Also watched them talk about the differences between lap band and gastric and I thought they were very fair......I liked that websight and melting mama is very funny!! I bookmarked that website I liked it. Thanks Candy.

I agree with Christine that being skinny is worth all the emotional ups and downs lately!! Just weird stuff going on in my head that I have been surprized about. I have been seeing overweight people and thinking you need to get banded. How arrogant of me but I can't help myself........I am seeing the world in terms of banded and not banded right now!! My mindset is very lap band oriented lately..........LOL

Nicole your going in for a fill this week!! Please do update us I am so curious to know all about it!!

Reggie girl!! Your next!!

Ok well I am off to go walking............I hope to make it a mile before I crach and burn today................

Love ya all!!

Hi There Ladies! Sorry I have been MIA, life has been crazy since Thursday, although I still read posting!

Have attached our picture, will see how it looks (size) etc.

Dated April 30, 2009, Thursday @ Mimi's, Natomas!

Thank you all for the invite, what a blast and time of support, have a healthy meal with such beautiful ladies!

Tina, what a pleasure to meet you, you are cuter than your picture! The salad was really good, although the mix in it was the best part, I am honored you would write that!Reggie, shux, I was looking forward to meeting, you were with us in thought...we saved your chair! It is so fun and good for our hearts to share the stories (and even show bellie scars!) We are bad! In the parking lot no less!

HEY, real women have real curves!!!

What a tight group of Sisters of Surgery you all are, can't wait til Fills come to Sac...soo I will be @ the same facility too! Pam, so glad you got to come and share. Christine and Nicole, you both looked the fabulous!!! No lie, just the glow of getting your energy back is amazing. When we counted up all the loss of weight, gosh, I am so honored to be included in all the hard work! Wait till several months out pictures, whooohooo! Candi woman, you go mama, you are up to bat and looking good already!!!

I have some ideas about a group thread/board for in here, would like to help get it ready, yet include and invite any newcomers, pre-ops and just researching all too!

Have a blessed day! Donna :smile:

post-246064-13813138367473_thumb.jpg

So nice to meet you too Donna!! Yes I think we need to start a new thread. Our group started out small and has exploded. Funny thing is reading back we lost the person who started the thread as well as a couple others who were around early in the process...............have no idea what happened to them??

Thanks for the picture that is so cool!! And I will let you know what I hear about fills in Sacramento!! I don't know how my doctor knows about all this since she barely knows about the lap band............but she said it has been a big topic around Kaiser for awhile now!! So I hope it turns out to be true!! I would miss seeing the Kaiser staff however if they weren't part of the fill clinics...............I might still go over to Richmond once in awhile for a fill just to check in!! :-)

Finally the scale is going down again!! 2 pounds down......of course I haven't weighed since last Sunday. But I don't care when it fell off me I am just glad that it did!! :-)

I am not gonna weigh again until next Sunday!!

Edited by swrktp

Rosey thanks for posting that pic! Now I can see all these wonderful girls . . .I know who Christine & Nicole are cause I've seen teir pics, who are these other beautiful ladies?? I want to meet you all! I will have to take a day off work & drive to Sacto when you are all meeting I guess.

Got in a hike today between rainstorms, we have had inches & inches here in just a few days. Good for the earth, sucks for my excercise! I think I need a fill again already, for dinner I had 6 oz of steak and 2 cups of salad . . . . I'm quite full, but that's TOO much! Where is my stop signal?? This is the same issue I had before the surgery. Not good, not good at all.

Gonna go walk a last mile - take care all!

Riley

Ok Riley I will try to help you out with the picture.

I am on the left with the black shirt (swrktp), than Pam(momof3), than Nicole (Audsmom) than candy (meandmyweightloss) than Christine(swishbc) than Donna (rosyyyd1)

Yea come on over sometime to meet up with us.

I am afraid of not getting full enough even after fills. Tell us how it goes the next few weeks............I know I can eat more than I should most days!! Sorta worries me long term........but I am trying to relax and go along for the ride.

I have had a few days when I wanted the RNY........not really...........but the fast weight loss I would like. Just not that malabsorbtion. But you know what I mean...............sometimes it is easy to imagine just how easy they have it!!

Thanks Tina, that sure helps! I did not recognize you from your little pic on here! Wow you girls are all LOOKERS!!! Watchout, world!!

I know what you mean about the faster weight loss with RNY, but there are reasons we didn't do it that way! Remember all of those things . . .but it IS hard to put up with less, my goals were to lose 40 pre-surgery then 20 right after, then settle down to a nice 1-2 lbs a week for a year. Well I lost 43 before and 30 after, I now that I have slowed down to a crawl - which WAS my PLAN - I just hate not losing at the same rate as (most of) my RNY friends! It seems that they don't have to work for every single pound like we do - but then again, they are not learning to work for them, and we are. No, I'm VERY glad I had lap-band and not RNY. I just want to lose at that rate until I'm tired of it - ha!:unsure:

Hi My beautiful Ladies,

I was gone all weekend at my dads (he is moving to montana:( ) Well.. i was soo worried, because they don't know I had surgery.. and i wanna keep it that way! So for dinner they had Steak, Corn Asparagus, and bread.. i had some bread asparagus and corn (the steak was way underdone in mho.....

Then bfast she made bacon, eggs and this potato thing. I had a lil piece of the potato thing a 3/4 slice of bacon and one egg.. very yummy:)

No lunch dinner was a terryaki bowl, which might have been the only meal i gave away hints at cause it was a LOT of food and i ate a tiny tiny amnt.. oh well they didnt ask:)

Good news is i got on the scale im 198 right now!!! I cant wait to see the morning!!!

We will know if mike got hired sometime this week..... fingers crossed..

Donna how did ur hubbys work thing goo????

candy ITS TOMORROW omgosh im sooo excited for you. Please check in asap, I will be thinking of you all day:)

Thursday is my Fill!! Yay..

Ok time to crash and go to bed.

luv ya girls, nite

Nicole you did good with all the food over the weekend and you lost more weight................I can't wait to hear about your fill and how it goes and how much you get ect.

candy thinking about you girl!! I agree with Nicole post as soon as you can!! I am so excited for you!! Let us know that your ok and if you need anything!! A few more hours and welcome to the bandster side of things........

Nite all!!!

Well candy should be going in to surgery in the next 15 minutes now..................Wishing here the best!!

Let us know as soon as you can how it all went!!

Hey girls, just talked to JT and candy got out of surgery a little after 9am. Dr. Baggs said everything went perfect and they'll probably head home around noon (but we know how that can go!)

Yay! I'm so glad it's over for her, now to just get past the next few days that suck SO bad.

I just heard from JT again and they're on the way home already! Nice and early for them, that's so nice.

Congrats girl, I can't wait to hear from you when you're feeling up to it! Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks for the update Christine. I have been thinking about her all morning!! So glad she is headed home and can get some sleep and start to heal!!

candy if you need anything let me know!! I sent my phone number over to your email address..................

Get lots of sleep and take the pain meds as long as you need them!! And remember everyday gets easier and easier................enjoy getting pampered for a few days!!

Best wishes coming your way!!