Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh just thinking I was home sick yesterday so this might not even count as overtimes..........this might be make up time :-) any HR people online!! LOL

My band is sore after having the flu for two days. Doesn't hurt but I can it is there. Pressure so I know I swelled up a bit. I am chilling today and just drinking liquids this morning. I think I am not gonna eat much today ..........I have sorta fasted by default yesterday so another day could be a good thing............ah but no the scale didn't move after awhole day of not eating.......:-0 I will probably just nibble tonight. I am hoping this is a good time to start back on the strict 1200/no carbs thing again.

I am trying to reschedule my fill for March. Work is to crazy right now I don't want to take time off until AFTER the pink slips go out. But still I want to be down alot when I go back so I will get a fill.........and if my band is tight now..........LOL!! WHo is crazy enought to find positives in getting the flu?????

Ok off the computer and off to work.........later girls and John!! If I don't show I am working but that is NOT the plan!!!

Candra I love that you measured your Thorax!!! That is such a medical term!! I am laughing.........I am not exactly sure what body part that is but I am imagining!!

Edited by swrktp

Here is the chili I am making for tomorrow:

Ingredients

2 pounds ground turkey (very lean)

2 cups diced onions (I use sweet yellow onions)

2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto Beans

1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney Beans

1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles

2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles

1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional

1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional

1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix

1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix

Corn chips, for serving

Fat Free Sour cream, for garnish

Low Fat Grated cheese, for garnish

Chopped green onions, for garnish

Pickled jalapenos, for garnish

Tina, state of california, OT is anything over 40 hours in a week or 8 hours in a day.

Chandra, Dr. Oz said on Oprah way back that a normal BMI is 25-30. Interesting because of all the charts. Dr. Baggs told me that he would be very pleased if I got to 30 BMI and would consider that a success. 25 would thrill him. As far as waist size, Dr. Oz said that a 32 in waist or less is healthy with reduced risk for everything! So, you're doing great! My waist this morning is 35. It was 38 January 2009 so I've made progress in the last year.

I've been napping all morning. Throat is hella sore so I'm still sipping my first cup of tea. scale was 230 this morning. Hopefully I'll be less by tomorrow so that I'll be back to pre-op goal of 228-229 on home scale. The only good thing about my surgery date change is that they probably wouldn't have done my surgery with this cold.

I hope today is so much fun for everyone! I wish I could skype in to see the festivities. I have a feeling I won't be going to my friends small dinner party either.

Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone today!

Lee – Whoever gets the first Sleeve surgery will need to ask for the room together. It’s fine with me. I hope you feel better!!!

Pat – My doc said don’t waste your money on an ID Bracelet for both the Band and Sleeve. If they need to put a tube down to save your life there going to do it a matter what. He recommended listing the surgery on the back of your driver’s license. Can’t hurt getting one, just thought I’d share the info.

ok, All - getting ready to leave out.

Lee - 3 inches in a month is awsome!

Laurel - I love the cilli recipe - I got it many years ago in WW. Even my hubby loves it - I always add extra onions and instead of corn I use green Beans - not suppose to have corn with the band. And no olives - don't like the olives in it but other than that girl it is da bomb!

Pat - I havent worn red in YEARS!!

So excited!!!!

PS: Tamra's a bum!! Told her to bring her daughter cuz the other girls there would take care of her but NO... she won't

Oooh Ali yours sounds amazing.. I think I am going to have to try it!!! Mine is just plain but YUMMY!!! hehehehe....

Thanks Laurel and Nicole for the receipes--guarentee I am gonna try them all! Need to focus on healthy cooking choices and keeping some variety around.

If I can cook something my family will eat that will even be a bonus!

Happy Saturday everyone! :thumbup:

Candra, you're so funny girl, it was three inches in a YEAR! :thumbup:

John, I was thinking of putting "No Blind GI Tube" on the back of my driver's license. So happy to read that it was recommended. I knew I wouldn't wear the Bracelet. Ok on the room. Dr. Park said it would be a private room unless they are over run with patients.

I'm still feeling dreadful. I just made myself get up to take a shower and wash my hair. I've been drinking tea and am defrosting chicken to put some Soup in the crockpot later. The party for tonight was cancelled since I'm not feeling well enough. Nice friends I've got. Maybe we'll do it tomorrow night if I'm feeling better. It's just dinner for us 5 closest friends. We always Celebrate birthday's together.

At least I'm reading a good book and have a full TiVo. I think I'll go watch a movie. You all better be having fun up there in SAC!~ :ohmy:

Hey Ali,

We have the same ticker!! Good taste you've got there girl. :thumbup:

have fun everyone!!

Lee, I am here if you are, staying home with the baby.

Candra leave me alone LOL! I just tend to do things more local, my daughter is on a set sched., and is in bed by 830 every single night. I have had her on it for a while, so I ususally miss stuff :thumbup: its okay! If I came she would be all thrown off, plus shes still on Amoxacillin.

I did decent today, had a coffee, but I walked the mall twice wth my friend and her daughter (Mine was with my mom).

Breakfast: 1/2 cup "Broccoli/Potato/Cheese" Soup pureed

1 tall skinny Decaf latte

Lunch: Mashed Potatoes from KFC (I was starving and couldn't make it home)

Dinner: will be the remaining 1/2 cup of soup from Breakfast.< /span>

Attagirl Tamra! I'm really proud of you for eating so well and getting out there to walk. You go girl!

I'm hanging quietly at home. Throat is still very sore. I hope it's better tomorrow. Eating very light today and drinking herbal tea. Maybe tonight I'll sleep better.

Thanks Lee! I got your PM also, thank you :thumbup:

Anything good on TV? I don't have any good books right now, I ordered a new one last night on Amazon. I just have been reading my Bay Area Parent magazine and seeing what kinda fun stuff I can get the babe into this week!

Tamra, I don't know about the TV tonight. I have a loaded TiVo that I'm watching. I record a lot of things that I watch later.

What kind of books do you enjoy? I mostly read off my Kindle but still have some other books as well. I'm reading a great 900 page novel that takes place in India. That will keep me busy for quite a while. I just gave away 10 big Whole food bags filled with books. I had a serious addiction and my son told me he'd kill me if I died and left all those books for him to deal with. :thumbup:

OMG thats too funny! I dont have a certain type, I usually read whatever someone gives me and tells me they liked it.

One really good book I recently read was "Million little pieces" which is a true story about a young man who over comes the worse addictions, etc. It was so amazing.