Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I straight out have the flu I thought it was the band this morning but everything is making me sick tonight even Water is coming back up...........:-( No wonder I have been feeling so sick everytime I eat something the last few days........

Ok so happy I have a little fill cause all this throwing up is gonna make me swell. Small blessings. My band feels sore after not keeping much down all day........this time if I a stay sick for a few days I won't have to worry about swelling and ending up in ER!!

Feeling sick but happy ...............how crazy is that???

I see Baggs March 4th I believe, how much do I need to be down for a fill?

I heard awhile back that Kaiser was gonna start a bariatrics in SAcramento...........I even talked to Dr. Baggs about it a few times and i know he is totally interested in being involved if it happens. BUt the rumor seems to have died out...........Dr. Baggs asked me to follow up and let him know if it was true.........it was announced at an orientation a few months back.........but nothing came of it...........my PCP said the same thing but than nothing..........

Oh I am TINA :-) I will fix my signature!! I have been online since this thread got started so I forget people don't know me :-)

Oh and as of two weeks ago I was hearing negetive about our group and how we pull each other down..........so that is why I am on fire about it. It makes me so mad to hear it. I have been warned even though I am one of the orginal members.........I think we started out with five of us. SWISH, AUDSMOM, REGGIE, RILEY and SWRKTP (me)..........but I just recently heard negetive and I flat out told them they were wrong........and explained why group support is important and that honesty is what pulls the group together..........:-)

Oh and JEss when I talke with Robin it is usually 40mintues to an hour............I don't know why I am so..........ah special..............maybe cause I talk to much. I am trying to be an example and trying to be much quieter and much more...............ah vague. Pity I have can't be honest with Kaiser but I can be with you all...........funny how that works!!

I am being a brat again I know, I know..............

Tamra I was down 12 pounds and got a 2cc fill. I immediately had restriction...........it was great but shocking after bandster hell. I quickly learned bread and brocolli were out forever.........well ok not now..............but ya know I am only at 3ccs now......when I get back to five the restriction kicks in again. I have been 4cc's and felt nothing......so 5 to 5.5 is my magic number.......6ccs.........might as well shoot me that was way to tight.......

Tamra you get a fill no problem as long as you don't gain!!

Tamra I tried to find your lost post I couldn't........

CAndra darn it I wanted to read your novel cause we think alike.................:-)

I have posted so much I think if Kaiser is reading this but oh well I tell them the same things anyway................I know they read our posts!!

Lee - I agree with Jes - That was one of the things in my post that got lost - these topics are good!

Tina - I see Doc Who 1 every 3 months & that's that. Also, I think its because this forum is read by some kaiser employees and some of our negativity towards some kaiser people is known so now, we are just a rotton support group LOL. I would have quit/given up a long time ago if it wasn't for this forum and all of you so they can kiss my entire family's asses!

Just watched Carnie and I love her so much! The rotating of two meals really works - that's pretty much what i was doing pre op - chicken salad & egg salad or tuna salad.

Tam - I was only down 12lbs & got my fill and dr. baggs is more lenient than Doc Who

Coco - dont' worry bout Robbie & me. I can take him - if he seems a little outta sorts whe you guys get home just know it's cuz he got a good old fashion spanking!

I haven't read any posts yet, but I needed to update.

Skiing was terrible. I couldn't find any boots that fit around my calf. I tried on a boot 2 sizes larger, made for larger calves and it still took two guys to get them buckled. We missed the morning lesson so we were going to do the 1:30. First we decided to do a run on the bunny hill. My poor boyfriend fell a bunch, and had my dad coaching him while my mom and I did the first run. By the time I got to the bottom I had numb toes (from painful boots, not cold). That was it for me. He didn't last either, we should have had him take the lesson first.

We were able to get a refund since my boots were so tight I got bruised shins after one run. I'm so disappointed and embarassed. I tried so hard not to cry in the ski shop. I thought for the first time that I wasn't too fat to do something fun. My mom pointed out that there were a number of other people having the same problem (my dad, some other lady there) but it felt like I was the only one. It's like the amusement park ride all over again. I'm bummed.

Anyone know exercises to slim calves?

Thaks Tina and Candra...I never did ask what I have right now, it must not be a lot cause I feel like I could eat a burger and fries!

Oh, Heather - I'm so sorry! but think of it this way - 50lbs ago you may not have even gotten the boots on! and YOU GOT OUT THERE AND DID IT! More than I'm willing to do! I have a friend that wears a size 12 jeans and she can't fit the boots either - They just arent made for larger calves. Wish I knew of an exercise for that too cuz mine are huge. Smooches!!

Screw it Heather...don't be bummed. You know me and my everything happens for a reason thingy. The reason for this is probably because you are supposed to be sitting by the fireplace cuddling with your honey, drinking one of those fancy hot chocolates or coffee drink :sifone: As far as thin calfs....up until now I have never ever been able to by boots that fit around my calfs. But this winter I bought like 3 pair. Maybe it has to do with the elliptical. So enjoy yourself and the mountains, I'm sure it's beautiful with all the snow we've gotten.

Tamra - I've been there! Try to stick to the thicker Proteins - steak & burgers - no Buns or fries! but it helps.

Good thing I got this band when I did cuz it makes being broke a whole lot easier - tongiht I got a McDouble, no Ketsup for $1.00. Tossed the bun & ate the patty and was DONE! I don't know if any of you have had them but don't let the "double" fool you - they are paper thin but filling for us who have alot of restriction.

Have I mentioned how much i love my band??? My wish is for everybody here to get to a place where they love their band/sleeve too!!!!

Oh, Heather - just had a brilliant Idea. You need to join Coco, April & myself - actually all of you do! - when we hit goal we are gonna go buy hoochi ho fits and hit a club where nobody knows us - you can come in a short beyonce dress with ski boots on! I'm gonna get some bebe skinny jeans, knee high boots (not the stretchy kind!) and some type of backless shirt that I don't have to wear a bra with cuz by then I will have gotten my breast reduction - woo hoo!

Ok ladies & John - what's your club fit gonna be??

Candra I am only on day 2 of pureed foods...I am living off mashd potatoes right now which make me nervous, I have a feeling the carbs will get me.

As for my outfit, knee high boots, a small ass black skirt, and some shirt that is low cut on the boobs, and open in the back.........LOL

Hey What happened? we all got kicked off. Makes me wonder whatever would we all do if this site was down or gone? Do we have any computer techs amongst us?

Ok, guess I better turn in. Nite all...