Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Howdy Ladies!

I'm new to the program, I have my orientation at Richmond on 5/12. I'm glad there's a thread here with Sac/Richmond people!

singand_dance WElcome!! Welcome to the group. Most of us have been banded already, but a couplehavent:) ALL of us would love to talk u thru this.

1. Wear heavy clothing to orientation.

2. Liz will seem VERY tough.. all the way till u are done having surgery. Then she will try to become more of a friend, and helpful.

3. Call them daily for appts after ur orientation, candy can tell u it took her2 months from orientation to surgery. It took me 4, woulda been 3 but i had a trip:)

4. LOOSE as MUCH weight as poss AFTER orientation.:laugh:

Come to our lunch. And there is a support group for at kaiser in sac the 4th sat every month:D

Tina.. i bought tens, im about 1 inch from being able to button the darn things lol. But its my next step:D Yeah my fam told me i dont need to loose anything else, dude.. ive only lost 20 since band.. i have a ways to go!!!

Everyone else.. ur doin great:D

I have not been reading posts regularly - are you guys meeting up this Thursday April 30 at 12:00 at the Mimi's in Natomas (next to the BJs)? I am going to try to make it - I need to check with my boss. I might be a couple of minutes late so save me a seat.

Good morning all! I hope you guys have a great meeting, I'm in Santa Rosa snd Sacto won't work for my lunch hour :-(but I'll be there in spirit!!!)

Hiya Sing,k, stick with us we are a fun group and we really know our way around Richmond Kaiser! I hope you can go to the meeting Thursday, you will love these guys!

Nicole, did you say you have a fill with Dr. Baggs on the 22nd? That's when mine is, at I think 11 . . . .if they don't switch it for you, maybe we can at least meet up!

Gott go work :thumbup: see you all later, have a great, healthy day!:tt2:

Hi Ladies!

Saturday was great!!! Thanks for all your support with doing the Wii Fit (I was nervous, can u tell? hehe) Thank you to you Candi for doing all of the weigh in demo and more! You brave bout to get skinny mama! I will send out the email list and names as Christine suggested. I will try to make it Thursday, but as I looked it up, for the address, got the website, with the menu to ck through! Here you go!

Restaurant Website

By the way we were major teasing Christine, saying u sure u didnt do bypass... Christine you look great!!! Yes, good steady, sure weight loss is possible with our band...why we chose it!

Have a good Monday!!! Riley woman...miss u, I would enjoy stoppin in to see you on the way back from a fill in the Bay!:thumbup:

Riley, yes it was on may 22nd, but i just got it moved to...

MAY 7TH!!! TEN DAYS!!! Woot woot. That will be 5 weeks 3 days post op. I AM SOOO relieved. Now i just got to stay in onederland till then:)

I ate my first 1/2 c bfast this am.. and i am feeling that full feeling again. So I think im gonna stick with 1/2 a c. Now if i get snacky again im gonna go back. But hopefully 1/2 a c will do the trick. Last night i got sooo snacky after the chinese i had a cheese stick.. but that kept me full.

I get moved to softs tomorrow.. soo happy!

I can't wait till thurs to see all my skinny buddies:D I say on Thurs we try to get a group photo, so then we can do one at every lunch date till we are all at goal, that would be cool.

Riley I would love to meet up with u! Maybe we can all set a weekend date to go up and see riley? Anyone else wanna join in?

You know what is soo sureal, being down 64 lbs since the end of November when i started my diet.

I say on Thurs we try to get a group photo, so then we can do one at every lunch date till we are all at goal, that would be cool.

Well I better get going i have to go to sacramento today, Audrey has her PREOP..:tt2:

PLEASE Everyone pray for my hubby, he has an interview on Friday.. I REALLY want him to get this job, it would be located in Nevada City (where we grew up) So then we wouldnt have to move far away once he did get a job. PLUS, i need out of my moms house. Ive been here for 7 weeks, and i feel like its been forever. We dont even talk anymore. SOmehow im still loosing weight though. :thumbup:

Ok ok, i never thought id be SAD to get rid of clothes:( I just went thru both my closets, and filled a storage bin, and 2 bags! All sizes 22 and down. there are even a pair of 18s that i do not want to part with:( Talk about lame!!!

I have 2 work out outfits i am bringing thursday both are size 18/20... one i never wore the top only the pants once. Im not bringing my businessy stuff, just the cas unless someone is a 18-20 area business size...?

Also, if any of you go on some fancy date, lol i have davids bridal dresses from size 16-22 that i am having a hard time parting with also.. so u guys can use them whenever needed:)

My current closet space is soo empty:( im even having a hard time parting with my 14/16 stuff!!! I think ill keep it though cause one size too big isnt an issue.. no growth space.

If anyone has any 12-14 area clothes i can borrow for a month or two id love u guys:( I have only 3 tshirts now that arent pp related lol. and only 2 capris. and 1 shorts. No pants.

Right now im sitting in a pair of 16s that i got at a clothing swap and i remember trying them on and they were sooo not going to button, now i have soo much space between the waiste and my pant line. CRAZY!!!

Oh shit auds appt is in an hour and its an hour drive. I better shower.. ttyl:D

Nicole!!! We sooo missed you on Sat! Is it True, Is it True? Are we celebrating ONEDERLAND with you! Wooo hooo!

I will be praying for hubby and you on Friday, what is his name again? Sorry so tough on you and mom, it is amazing, that you are losing weight, thanks to the band AND your hard work! Chat soooon! Donna

I'll bring my camera on Thursday, taking a photo every time is a good idea...we can watch ourselves shrink right before our eyes!

I can't wait to have our lunch date NEXT month when we're all on real food! (aww, except Candy...sorry dude :thumbup: )

I have a sitter for Thursday so no Sophie this time, that'll be way more fun for me.

Missed you too! :) I had my nieces bday 1st to go to .....:(

and yes its true:tt2::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin::tt2::biggrin::D I am in onederland... i am hoping to get to 195 before my fill so no matter what on the scale there i will still be in onederland lol. lame i know!!!

Areyou coming to the luncheon?

Nicole!!! We sooo missed you on Sat! Is it True, Is it True? Are we celebrating ONEDERLAND with you! Wooo hooo!

I will be praying for hubby and you on Friday, what is his name again? Sorry so tough on you and mom, it is amazing, that you are losing weight, thanks to the band AND your hard work! Chat soooon! Donna

At this point planning on Thursday, but so many things happenin, I am sure for all of us, thank you for asking! May I ask also, why Audrey has Pre-op? Chatttt sooon. Donna

I'd love to join you banders on Thursday but I have a Partylite party I'm planning on Thursday night, so I have to get to the gym, get home, clean shower and get ready! You're all welcome to join me in the windy city of suisun thursday eve if you want.

Glad to see everyone is progressing!

Just got back from the doctors appointment. She was telling me she was shocked I got through the program so quick. She said that never happens ;-) She was totally shocked that I had already had my lap band surgery.

Boy did she push on my stomach and the incisions.......the port hurt but I could actually feel the port when she touched it I haven't felt it before.

My doctor was telling me that Kaiser is seriously considering sendng over a team to Sacramento once or twice a month for fills. She thought it was Richmond Kaiser but she said there has been alot of talk about having fills in SAcramento and that she would not be surprized if that doesn't start to happen in the next few months............she was telling me it would be a Saturday clinic.........so ladies there is hope just hope Dr. Baggs is one of the team coming over!!

Everything looks fine. Done 35 pounds since December 3, 2009 when I last saw my doctor so she was happy. I am off the BP medication for now. If m BP goes up again the next couple of weeks I will have to go back on. But today my BP was to low so I am gonna try not taking it anymore.......yea!!

See everyone Thursday.