Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

TAMRA!!!!! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME.....I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! I'M GLAD THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO RESCHEDULE YOU. I KNOW YOU WERE SCARED AND YOU DIDN'T NEED THAT. MINE WAS RESCHEDULED 2X AND I WAS CONVINCED THAT WAS A SIGN FROM ABOVE.... LUCKILY, IT WAS NOT AND HERE I AM... GOOD FOR YOU ON BEING BELOW SURGERY GOAL...DID THE M.O.M. FINALLY KICK IN??? MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE VICODIN WHEN NEEDED. IT WILL HELP WITH THE PAIN. I'LL CALL YOU TOMORROW. GET SOME REST. P.S. HOW IS YOUR MOM????

Lee-Okay, so I chickened out on the meeting too...I didn't feel like driving in the rain and the traffic....I think Jes went. Next time???

Riley-how are you and is the #1 man back? Put his foot in his mouth, huh?

Pam/Candra-Yeah, the snacking is bad... Me too! And I'm not hungary. I think it's the weather..... Emotional eating...GO AWAY!!!

Jes/Tina-did you go to the meeting??? How was it? I did check out the 5 day pouch test and it doesn't sound bad. I need a boost. I feel like I am at a stand still. I better see that scale move by the weekend. I have stepped up my game in exercise.

Nicolie-you are next, girl! Get ready....

Ashley-Happy Birthday lady!!! Are we partying???

Tamra, I'm so happy to see you up and posting. YAY YAY YAY!!! In a few days you'll be flying around with so much energy. Congrats on being down so low? Yup, we all want to know, the the MOM finally kick in last night?

Mo, I'm glad you didn't go either tonight! I just didn't want to be there and have it start pouring again. I live close to home and just wanted to get in and be warm and snuggy tonight.

Riley, so cool that you spoke at Kaiser today!

Hi to everyone!!

I'm cutting way back on the carbs to get to my goal so I can go see Liz. I hope to be down a little morning tomorrow!

Hey Riley how did the class go?? ANd yep where is the mystery man?? Did he return?? Ah geez I am still dealing with an ex off and on here........long story!! I don't want to get into it right now :-) But lets say I got an apology and put it out on the table. Now I am debating how much to talk to him and how much to shut him out. Sorta just stirred things up for me........of course I should have known he would be back around eventually. Been a bit distracted with that and layoffs.... Probably not helping with staying on track.

I have to go back to all protiens. Darn it!! LOL. I am gonna do protiens and vegetable and nothing else this week. I guess I am gonna axe everything but Water two.

I am gonna get down so I can get a fill and than I am gonna bargain and negotiate for 2cc's at once!! LOL, I told Baggs and he smiled but didn't say anything......LOL!! Darn annoying social workers!! LOL

Tamra glad your done. Girl I bet your so relieved and glad you got the COBRA!! You did it I was afraid you were gonna die out a few times...........sorta like I have wanted to die out a few times this month~~LOL!! Really cool you stuck it out. You ill be glad!!!

Oh Mo I am with you on the exercise thing. I am not eating bad just to much..........so my next thought is I gotta up the exercise ALOT so I won't starve. I know if am waking up at night I won't survive the 1/4 cup thing. But if I do resort to eating a bit more than I think exercise is my saving grace..............either that or starve a bit!! LOL. Gonna try this week and see how it works.........

Tina-We can do it...2010 is our year. I have to do better if not for myself....for my kids.... I have a 6 yo and a 1 yo. I have to set a good example

My appetite is still strong. I can eat... Today, and the other day, for the first time...I got something stuck.... Saturday, it was a piece of chicken breast...It was too dry... I must have run to the bathroom and hacked it up...Today, it was a tiny piece of wheat bread (untoasted)...I guess they mean business when they say all bread should be toasted... I was in that bathroom so fast. It would not come up... I had to drink some Water. Never again....

Yes, I have to cut the carbs too. I just ate a good handfull of Dove chocolate Covered Almond. Why, why, Why???? I have to stop the self Sabotaging behaviors.... I should throw them away...Don't know why I bought them anyway. Yes, I do! The TOM must be coming. to the trash... I must hit ONDERLAND!

Hey Everybody! congrats Tamra I'm so happy for you. 2nd day is the worst but after that it's all good.

I went to the group meeting tonight Bev wasn't there for whatever reason so we had Liz. OMG she was wonderful!!! very warm she really does know her stuff. She talked about the why's & why nots; I even learned some stuff. Then after class I went up to her and asked how do you go about talking to someone if you are off the wagon and she said "let's talk now" She was really cool we talked for like 30 min and then walked each other to our cars. She gave me some good ideas on food choices and to just concentrate on 2 things. She told me to cut out the mayo and write down everything I put in my mouth for 2 weeks and if I don;t loose weight to call her. Sol I have a new mission.

oh happy b-day Ash, we're just a couple days apart.

YEa Jes I love Liz!! I wanted to talk to her when I was at Vacaville. She is the person that I totally click with. I really like Liz. I am sad I didn't get to talk to her. Maybe I should call over that and see if I can talk to her. I always feel more motivaterd after I talk to her............Tell me what she told you!! I miss seeing Liz more regular. YOur right she really gets it.

Mo I have a 14 year old that kicks my butt. She is always on me to exercise and eat right. Girl drives me crazy but I did this to do more things with her and be with her more. I gotta get back connect and doing things with the group again and up the exercise ALOT!!!

I am so mad I missed the meeting, Jes. It sounds like you had a great time. I have been writing things down since Dec and yes, it does help to keep you accountable. I know exactly what my problem is...carbs and snacking...I also eat way more than 1/2 to 3/4 cups per feeding...I am learning the hard way how to cut the portions. I am beginning to get things stuck and have uncomfortable feelings after eating...Is this what restriction feels like???

Thank you for the birthday wishes :) It is a good one ... Down 1/2 a # LOL!

Candra I crossing my fingers and toes that you will get a fill :)

Nicolie- I am praying that you will get a date soon :)

Tamra- Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Riley-Facebook doesn't like me! I changed the setting so it would notify people and it never does. Also people can't find me by my email address on there either.... weird! LOL!

Mo- we had a small party tonight, but my hubby's b-day is tomorrow so there will be more celebrations to come... I told everyone that I was 25 not 26! I'm gona do that for the next 10 years if I can get away with it lol :)

Oh I need a valentines ticker too!! Hmm I want a miles run ticker............I was thinking to make a mileage goal for the month. NOt sure yet what is a good goal there. 3 miles a day is how many steps...........jump in her Riley!! LOL.

Tina-we were posting at the same time. I have an 11 year old step-daughter who is motivating me to do better. She saw me on the treadmill and now wants to work-out...We can definately help each other... Yes, we have to work hard to stay connected. I hope to meet you in-person at the next get together....

Speaking of which, when are we going to get together??? I know it's wet and rainy and we probably can't go for a walk.... Any ideas???

Ash-glad to hear you had a good b-day. Hahahah on the 25...I tried that... Enjoy!

Tina-I bought a pedometer after meeting the ladies for the first time and I have been wearing it every day! The "people" say we should aim for 10,000 steps/day. I'm not sure how many miles that equates to but I do know that 10,000 steps is considered highly active. I have reached 10,000 many times...I move around alot. I average 5,000-6,000 on regular days. My goal for this week is to get that 10,000 at least 4 days. So far, I have met the goal Mon and Tues...I took a day of rest today. Trust me, I will be back at it tomorrow.

Well I am playing with carb I think.....not much but it must be just enough. I also worry about the Celexa and it I should give it a rest and see what happens......ran out of the Alli and done with that..........not sure it really worked to well. LOL!!

Yep Mo that is restriction!! Yea!! Good for you!!

Accountability!! YEp gotta love that word. I still say let go to the jump house sometime that Heather was talking about.

What is upnthis weekend girls???

I have a pedomeater. I think that 10,000 is 5 miles........Riley??? I need to put mine back on

I have been going to the gym at 4pm and watching Oprah and Ellen while I walk for an hour. THat makes the time go by faster but my work is crazy so I don't know if I can do that everyday. But I have to walk to stay in fat burning mode..........geez am I that unfit. I don't understand that.

Yea 5000 is average for me 10 takes normal plus the gym too...........disneyland was 25,000 a day for two days I really should go back. But.........does it count if you stop and start all day?? Does that get your heartrate up??