Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina, sound like you are thinking! Good for you on being honest! In the long run, it will pay off.

Nicolie-glad the results are rolling in. Be patient! It won't be long. Haven't looked up our class yet. I will tonight. Ttyl

Tina! Yay . . i miss you :-)

My band lets me gain 5, no more. It has always been that way! Thats the whole point of the band, and I love love love it :-) I am still up 4 from my lowest weight right now and can still feel the band - strawberries for Breakfast have a tough time. It makes me slow down, that's for sure! But it is TOTALLY tough to lose because it is so so sensitive. I told Dr. Baggs I had this 5 lb range, keep gaining and losing the same 5 do I need a fill? He would probably give me another .25 right now because I only had .25 last time, but I am afraid of being too tight. 10 lbs between fills is what is working for me.

Robin totally understands about not eating meat! Yeah she can't say she knows me because of HIPPA but DUH she knows we all know each other because she has seen us all together 4 our group fills! Law is kinda dumb, really. We should just do some handouts to put laying around the office so folks can find up . . . . I will take some when I go talk to her class.

Time for lunch - so far today I have had black coffee and 1.5 cups of strawberries - now I have a veggie sausage patty, spring mix and blue cheese crumbles. Yummo :-) I am going to have a snack at 3:30, Decaf sopy slender latte and an Atkins bar 3 net carbs - it's my treat - and I am totally going to need brain food for the work I have to do today.

Today I talked to 6 different people at Kaiser. It is what it is.... $3,000 for my total deductable. I have 12 lbs to go before I make goal and a surgery date is set. If I wnat this done in March I have to figure a way to come up with the full amount by then, as I talked to a lady at admiting and she said $1,000 will be due when I am addmited and the remaining $2,000 at discharge. I supose I should feel lucky that I don't have to pay the full amount like other people with out insurance LOL! And the only other good news is that for the rest of the year I won't have any more out of pocket expenses.

Any Idea's on how to generate the $$$$ ? Loans are out of the question. I am hopeing on taxes but I doubt my return will be back in time, sheesh I'm still waiting all my forms... on EDD to send me my 1098-G and My hubby's work to send their W-2's out plus school and 401k roll over stuff LOL!!!

Hello everyone! I thought I would share what I plan to bring to Pam's on Saturday. I will bring, Lettuce Tacos. I hope everyone loves tacos without the shell. I figured I plan to make that for dinner on Sunday so I will bring some to share with y'all. Hope you like. I'll bring the fixin's too Guacamole, sourcream and chopped tomatoes.

Pam - how many people you have so far?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...Long Long story short?

MY SURGERY IS NEXT WEDS., JAN 20th!!!!

I will come back on later to tell the story :thumbup:

YAY Tamra!!! I am so freakin excited for you!!!!! keep kickn butt!!!

Yeah Tamra that's my b-day :thumbup:

haha Ashley that's my bf's bday too! That's why I figured it was a special day!!

YEahhhh Tamra, you go baby girl!!! BUT, I didnt get to meet u yet, with a pre-op wish...anyway u can come on SAT, bring dat baby girl too!

OHHH Nicolie...u know what that means...be ready honey...as soon as test clears...& we know it will...did shopping yet? hehe

Candra...look at that beeeautiful skinnier smile! U go girl!!!

Hello to all, Pat where are you? pls ck in let us know, any questions and emotions we can help with...here for YOU!

Heather honey, how are you? Have a hug a waitin sorry we missed u last Thursday...See yu soon...call me when can!

To all our SOS (& John) hope it is a good anchor day...what sunshine we had! With hope, and keepin in prayer the devastation going on in Haiti...and smooth transitions for aid, comfort, medical supplies as well as all needed into the country! :thumbup:

I attended the "overview" GB class at Kaiser Roseville yesterday; it was very informative and was surprised that 90% of their surgeries are GB and only 10% are Lapband. I know you all are Lapbanders but can you share why you chose this over GB?

I am just waiting for my oreintation date...hope its soon!

Go Tamra - so excited for you - it was really hard not to tell everybody after you text this morning LOL - So stick with the diet - no cheats cuz you don't have enough time! Liz told me that they had turned a couple people away that were 1lb over on surgery day - that would totally suck big time - I would have been so mad if I were one of those peeps hahaha.

Oh, and don't forget your milk of magnesia - you need to take it by 10:00 Tuesday morning!

Tamra, I am SOOOO excited for you. Please come back and share your story!

Ali, I'm getting a Sleeve, but these banders let me hang out here with them. :thumbup:

Okay here is my story!!

I got there super early, so Bev had me fill out some papers, etc. and Liz called me back aroun 8:30. My appointment lasted about 45 mins with her, we talked, went over the quiz, and she told me different stories about other patients. We talked about this site (I won't say on here what she said lol) but yeah!! So she finally tells me let's get you a date....how is 2/17? I said thats perfect (I thought of you John!!) and then she stopped and said....hey, how would you feel about something sooner? I said sure, like when?? she said...umm NEXT WEEK. I was like OMG OK!! Then she told me she had a patient coming in that she had discussed that day with already but the girl wasn't sure if she wanted it. So Liz told me to hang out, and wait for the other girl, and if she turned it down it was mine.

So my bf and I hung around, talking to the ladies in Bariactrics (they are SOOO FUNNY!!) then finally the girl came in, and met with Liz. About 10 mins later Liz called me back in and said what are you doing today? I said nothing why? She said well, 1/20 is yours so lets get your labs, meeting with Robin, a physical, and a quick class done RIGHT NOW!! I was like OMG!! SO I spent the morning running back and forth between departments doing all of this!!!!

I met with a lady in Surgery who basically did the info class I woulda had to of taken really quick, and my meeting with Robin was about 30 mins or so.

Soooo thats it!! They told me start the Vitamins asap, and the physical check dr gave me a prescription for some pills I take the night before and morning of the surgery for upset stomach.

I cannot believe how fast its all happening, but its going!!!!!!!!!

Tam - now you KNOW you need to spill the Beans - what did Liz say - I know she thinks none of us know what we're doing LOL how was your meeting with Robin? She help you?

Ali - I chose the band because I know a few people that had the GB who have gained most of their weight back - I figured after the honeymoon period ends with the GB then you're on your own but with the band I can always get a fill. Also because I can always get an unfill if I get sick and need more nutrients - Just my theory

Hello ladies!

Tamra- Contrats!!!! That's so quick you don't even have a chance to freak out! hehe

I'm doing better than I had been doing, I should have updated my ticker, but I never did. I'm trying to break this dang plateau (and holiday/vacation gain). I'm feeling like "I got this" again, haven't felt this way in months. MONTHS! Anyway, I'm doing better than I had been doing and I've started reading The Beck Diet Solution again, and really trying to stick with that program.

I'm bringing shreded mexican chicken for Pam's Potluck. I can't wait to see you all!

I'm stoked for this weekend. I see my ladies on Saturday (Yay), my cousin's bridal shower is Sunday, and we're going to Riley's neck of the woods on Monday to hang out with my friend. (Super Yay)

I hope you're all having a wonderful, healthy day!