Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

heck yeah I did it at point west. Sarah said she will look daily too.... Oh believe me I will be on top of that lol... Thanks Pam!!

YAY Tamra!~!!!!! I am so happy to be your band buddy hehehe..

Where is everyone these past few days =(

Tamara and Nicollie - You guys rock! Congratulations! You will be my band buddies!

I just did my pre-op classes on Thursday, my labs on Friday and met with Dr. Park this morning. Everything is fine and I am set to go. 2 weeks!

Jes - Yes, I started getting my stuff this weekend; my Vitamins, Calcium, MoM, liquid tylenol. I still need to get the GASX strips - I forgot those so I added them to my list. This weekend I will get the Jello, and Soup.< /p>

BTW - congrats on the boys hitting 21 - so fun. When Nick turned 21 (1.5 yrs ago) he wanted to go wine tasting. So my dear, there is no way you are old, because that would make me older and I, most certainly, am not!!! (Everyone say prayers for him - he has applied for 6 jobs on Capital Hill and has a interview this morning in Senator Boxer's office - he so wants to work either in the senate or house and has been trying for 6 months. I really hope something comes through for him.)

Emotionally I am really impatient now. All I can think about is the surgery, so it is really hard to for me to try to focus on work. I want it to be over with. I am over the Holiday sugar finally and was down again this morning at Kaiser - I am almost 13 under my surgery goal weight - maybe I will be able to hit a total of 35 lbs by 1/26.

Love to you all.

way to go Pat, I am so happy for you!! :smile2: I can't wait for my case manager appointment coming up Weds!!

Nicolie and Tamra-- GOOD NEWS! I am so excited for you. 2010 Watch out!

Pat- I know how you feel but that day will come sooner than you think. And you will be so happy..just the other day my husband reminded me how I was actually going to not go to my surgery that morning I woke uo at 3am and just said I'm not going I dont feel good...MAN I am so HAPPY my husband said No you ARE going! This is the best thing I could have ever done for myself. There was no way I would have lost this weight in this amount of time..and I am certainly not done yet. So good luck everyone.

Tina- You rocked this band before and you'll do it again!! You just need t get out of this funk try a new routine...Get moving cut carbs out completely give yourself a quick detox to get your body going...YOU CAN DO THIS! Stop negative talk bring some positive energy to yourself tell your self every day that you can do this and I bet you will.

Thanks Maria!

Hey Pat, when you went to the case managment appointment, didn't she offer you a date super quick but something made you ask for a later one? Am I right?

Thanks guys!! I am stoked. A little bummed that i have to wait 2 weeks for the urine test to come in but Oh well it is what it is... I will be that much more ready hehehehe.

Thanks Maria I do think the detox is a good idea. Been working on that. Got rid of salads and only drinking Water. oatmeal went today but sometimes that will mean I don't eat Breakfast. Thinking I will drink a protien shake before bed tonight. Yea adding in the protien shakes will slow my weight loss and maybe stall it but I think that might be better than having to get up to eat at night.

Truly I am eating good things just to much. I just need to give it a break for awhile. Maybe if I am not trying so hard it will come easier........this is starting to feel like to much stress and work so I am relaxing a bit. :-)

But I feel better cancelling the appointments and waiting it out on my own time table. Feeling so much better today I was to stressed out worrying about the appointments today and next week. I am not ready to go back right now..........

If I get laid off I do and I can't worry about what happens with the band. That has been stressing me out too. Trying to lose fast enough to keep ahead of my insurance. I am at the point where it is just whatever happens..........ya know!!

True I guess negetive talk but I just feel better now that I made the decision to chill out a bit. I am sure the Doc will have some advice or some direction I should head. I told Kelly today about losing my insurance and it is true nor more fills. So I just have to be ok with that and quit trying to rush and get enough fills before.....

And who know I might not get laid off until July and that give me more time to work on things.

But ya seriously I am looking into the sleeve but not right away. Just something more long term...........I think it might be easier to not have all the follow up when the economy is so crazy and I think you don't deal with getting to tight but I am researching that right now. LOL.

But I think being positive is easier without putting all this pressure on myself to rush, rush, rush...............and to hurry up and lose.

I want to be 180 or lower that is now about 25 more pounds. My Goal is to get back to 199 and than I would be happy just staying there for awhile......than hoping down five at a time until I get to 180. I don't think I am gonna try for a fill until I get to 180 first. That is sorta where my thinking is for now..............I just need to be ok with going alot slower and not stressing it :-)

The good thing is the band is still there and when I am ready again I can use it :-) At least I don't have to earn that again!! That is already mine!! I am glad I am post op for sure!!!

I still plan to be online and to keep up with everyone. I am not giving up just chilling out. Once they give out the pink slips at work some of the stress will be gone and I can refocus just on the weight loss thing and band again. Right now I have alot going on. I also was told that my FMLA is out and any trips to San Fransico or days off for medical are on vaction time. Right now is not a good time to be taking alot of time off ...................I want to look like I am really working hard about now!!! LOL. Can we say forloughs are better than layoffs!!! :-) My opinion!! Pam what do you think??

But ya not trying to be totally negetive just doing what I think I need to do right now. I don't like to feel like I have to get approval that is a trap for me. I would rather chill out and do in in my own time than come around later and get my fill when it doesn't feel like a power struggle. That puts me in a bad state of mind.............I need to get my perspective back.

Edited by swrktp

3 Gals On Deck!

Tam - You're welcome - I think having Nicollie step up to the plate is what got you to goal - Seriously, it took Jes stepping up to the plate to get me to goal! It is so much more helpful to have somebody at the same point at the same time as you

Nicollie - Two weeks ain't nothin - and it doubt it will take two weeks - my last urine test were back in a day & a 1/2.

Ok, so when I was Texting back and forth with you two this morning it was so hard not to tell you both that the other one was at goal too - LOL I hate to spoil somebody else's good news but MAN! I was so excited I wanted to tell ya"ll hahahahaha

Tina - You are so my soul sista! We both got 3cc's and stalled. You shouldn't have cancelled your appt with Dr. Baggs and when you call to reschedule just tell them you don't want an appt with Robin - It is NOT a requirement and, it seems, once she's in your life she doesn't let go. I didn't really get around them I just simply said I don't want to meet with Robin and they said OK. Besides, Doc Who & the Grinch don't see eye to eye anyway.

Pat - you ready lady?

No Maria - you are NOT done yet LOL hopefully I'm not done yet either :smile2:

Tamra and Nicollie - YAY!!! So happy that the two of you are at GOAL!!!

Pat, I'm really excited for you. Two weeks will fly by!

Tina, I'm so sorry this is so stressful for you. You're right, letting go a little (but not of good eating and exercising) may really help you. Are you sleeping well at night?

Here's the five day pouch test that I see many on ObesityHealth.com using. I bet you could substitute tofu and Seitan etc for the meat days.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I'm doing ok. Had a good food day and glad it's dinner time! :smile2:

Thanks Lee! I am super excited. It's been a long 5 months, so many trials and errors. I seriously couldn't have done it without you all and the support meetings.

I do credit Nicollie ALOT. You to Candra, I knew I could always text you for help :smile2:

Congrats Tamra and Nicollie!!!! I'm so excited for you.

Jes- How was skiing? Where did you go? We're going next week!

I had a really rough day yesterday, but it seems to have kicked me in the behind and I've been on track today. I guess the scale had to scare me into submission.

I met a cool girl, Jaci, at the EG meeting when I went. She wanted to know if I was going tonight. I so want to, but that meeting is no good. The EG group is so unfriendly, I didn't feel welcome at all. Kind of a bummer, seeing how it's the closest meeting to me and it's a weekly one too. I'll invite her to our big Kaiser meeting though.

I miss everyone! I can't wait till Saturday!

Tina-Did you think about doing a phone appt with Robin? You could just tell her how you feel, and be honest with her. Maybe she doesn't realize she's being such a hard-ass that you have less fill than you came out of surgery with. I just hate that you're in bandster hell.