Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Merry Christmas week everyone!!!

Just wanted to check in...glad to see how everyone is doing...

Congrats Bea...stay the course, the best is yet to come!

Ok...how bout an Off scale Victory? At hubby's Christmas dinner party last nite, someone complemented on how he had a much 'younger' wife, which blew me away (me?)! Have been getting more I didnt 'recognize' you also. Am thoroughly enjoying life with the band and learning curve on how to care for myself (even relearning how to eat!)

So thankful to God for this tool, and of course this LIVELY bunch of SOS (Sisters of Surgery) support to count on & continue on...DAILY!

By the way, sons Birthday is next Tues (oh my gosh baby is 17!) so maybe can do Wed, or Sat? Just my 2 cents. B)

Edited by roseyyyd1

Hi Ladies - busy weekend. Was a party girl - 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Had a dessert at one party on Saturday and a few drinkies at all of them but didn't drink the whole thing just some sips. (I know Riley, Candra and Jes would approve!!) They were good! Trying to eat well today and tomorrow because the parties start again - 1 on Tuesday night, 1 Wed, Thur & Friday! Am planning to just pick my spots - not go crazy.

Riley - go girl, you deserve it. Sounds like fun ( an a little work keeping them all straight and in line! If you are off of work next week, lets get together. Maybe come down and walk at the new wetlands.

Jes - would love to get together. Can do any day next week except Sat 12/26.

Candra - would love to finally meet you; hopefully we can set up this walk date.

Tamra - awesome on the loss. So glad you are motivated - maybe we will be band buddies! I've been thinking about you and wondering if you are not eating enough. From what you write it sounds like so little. I was just wondering if your body had gone into starvation mode given how little you eat.

I am losing but I eat a lot more - I really follow the 1200 cal in the book. This is what a typical day is for me

B - 3/4 c lf cottage cheese. 3/4 c nf yogurt, 1/2 c fruit, 1 slice of trader joe's daily bread (has no fat, no sugar)

S- tea

L - big salad with veggies, 3 oz grilled chicken, 2 tbsp lf dressing, 1 slice of trader joes's daily bread, 1 piece of fruit

D - 1 cup of veggies, 3oz of meat(usually chicken, or pork tenderloin,) 8 oz skim milk, 1 slice trader joe's bread and sometimes I add 1/2 c to 3/4 c of unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon if I am not full/want a dessert.

Anyway something to think about. Glad you are motivated.

Miss you all - hope everyone has a really good week. We've had some nice family get togethers so far this week and it is great to have everyone together - love having my boys home!

i am the same with you Pat, I eat the amounts the 1200 cal says however I have limited my carb intake now so I am only doing one carb a day instead of 3. Its workin great tho...

i am available to meet on that Saturday or if its in the evening during the week, I would have to allow enough time to get there.. let me know...

Hello Ladies! I'm home, and I'm going to start reading 10 days worth of posts!

Welcome Home Heather Honey! Do we wait to post this til u catch up or leave it here, that u will see it when you do? Hehehe, how was Hawaii and any proposals to speak of???

Pat- My body is weird. If I eat the full 1200 I don't loose and have to eat less, so that's why the smaller meals.

Welcome home Heather!!

Breakfast - 1 venti latte decaf

Lunch - 1 turkey italian sausage with broccoli, with one slice asiago w. Salame

Dinner - 1 left over cornish game hen, with broccoli. drinking some diet soda

Hello. My name is Lee and I'm a Compulsive Eater who forgot today that she's in recovery.

UGH UGH UGH... a 2" x 2" brownie and three pieces of candy. I don't generally eat sugar so I wanted to jump out the window. I felt so bad! I wish Christmas was over and people would quit bringing in things to eat. Ok, done whining. dinner will be chicken, broccoli and an apple.

Tamra, that's rockin the scale girl.

Heather, welcome home. Now give us the scoop on vacation please.

Donna, how cool that people aren't recognizing you.

Pam, I like Plentyoffish.com but haven't been on there recently. Good luck! Take lessons from Riley.

Maria, congrats on getting back to the gym. Go slow slow slow.

Pat, you did great at the parties!

Canolie, you must be getting close to goal.

I know I'm forgetting everyone. Sorry.

My son called a few hours ago. They made it to New Orleans for dinner. After dinner they'll head out for Houston. Not bad, less than 24 hours to New Orleans with the bad weather in NYC. Thanks for all those great travel prayers! B)

I'm going to go walk off some of this sugar on the trampoline!

Lee!! LOL!! Don't worry!! remember I too had a slip up the other night and poped 2 sugar Cookies my baby made! it happens, but all we can do is go on from it. Let's make sure we go to the next group meeting after Xmas, and get back on track. The holidays will not be easy.

In fact tonight I talked myself out of cheating!! I pretty much had decided to get either mexican (Carnitas, rice and Beans and yes chips/salsa) or chinese (salt and pepper pork ribs, soooo yummy) and that was it....finally I said WTF am I doing, go eat that left over chicken your 8 POUNDS AWAY!!!!! So I went in, and warmed it up. Now I am sitting here full! B) I also stopped myself as I wanted a second coffee today but just drank water!!!

Woo Hoo Tamra! excellent resistance muscles!

Lee, all's well that ends well - you are forgiven so jump back kon the wagon right now!

Pat - way to handle those parties!

HEATHER - WELCOME HOME!!!!! PHOTO'S & DETAILS HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!! LOL

Candra thank you SO MUCH!!! I LOVE that cat card - - that face! That face!! OMG, LMAO!! Best Christmas card that I have had in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made my day girlfriend

THANK YOU ALL you guys for finding me on facebook! I love it!!

OK a new installment of "the boy update:" I finally met Bachelor #1 today in person after a month of email and phone calls and building him up in my mind . . . I WAS A WRECK but OMG girls, let's just say that #1 moved to the bottom of the list and #2 just moved up to #1 spot! And the new #1 (whose real name is Chris) just called and asked if he could come for a sleepover tonight, and I said yes!! OH BOY . . . . this dating thing is hard work LOL!! Now I have to go clean my kitchen because the new #1 is a chef . . . . .

Old #1 - now #0 - is a nice guy still but when I walked in and saw this guy with long gray hair and glasses, and when he looked up one eye did not point toward me (the other one did) . . . well, lets just say I was dissappointed. WHY do they put up pics that are so obviously outdated? It's not fair. It's not like we won't notice when we meet them . . . HELLOOOOOO . . . oh well. New #1 is relieved that it didn't pan out for me! He is a good sport :crying:

I just had 1/3 cup of split pea Soup, it feels like it was too much but no BPing or anything. BOY DO I HAVE RESTRICTION!! And girls . . notice I am only at 5.5 cc's! Good, good spot for me to be right now ;) I will get to my goal here B)

Got to get on the kitchen! Bye ladies.

Whew... I'm finished reading! Apparently one of my posts from last week didn't post!

I found The Beck Diet Solution at Borders for $2.99! It was in the bargain books section. I'm stoked. Anyone who needs one should check Borders!

Vacation was good, my resistance muscle went on vacation, but we apparently went on different vacations. We had fast food a few times but I resisted all soda. It's really hard to diet when you're around a group of people who don't seem to care about dieting. We ate all sorts of junk, but I tried to make good choices.

I had wanted to do a hike to Manoa Falls, but we just didn't have the time. We got to do Diamond Head, I felt the power of Riley! I was seriously climbing and huffing and puffing and thinking of my ladies! It was quite a workout, sadly my only workout to speak of. We also really wanted to do a Lost (TV Show) tour of Oahu, but that didn't happen either. We were traveling with his family, nine of us in all (7 adults, a 7 year old and 2 1/2 year old). It's good to be home. I'll be putting some pictures up on Facebook.< /p>

I think one of my favorite parts of the trip has got to be fitting in the airplane seat with room to spare in my seatbelt!

Our flight home was miserable. We took the red-eye leaving Honolulu at 10:15 and arrived in SF at 4:45. Somehow our row had no air vents. We were so warm, and my poor boyfriend kept getting snuggled by the dude next to him. Once we got home we crawled in to bed and set the alarm for 11am. We finally got up around 2:30. I had so many plans for today. I missed my weight check apt, and didn't do anything I needed to do. I've got laundry going right now but I'm feeling rushed. Chrismas in four days away and I don't have time! I never want to take a flight like that again. We had to leave our rented house by 10 am, so we basically sat around his aunt's house for about 8 hours before we left for the airport. The red-eye wasted my day yesterday and my whole day today. Now I've got to go to the grocery store so we can have healthy food. Hope you all are doing well!

YAY Heather welcome home!! we missed you so!! I also want to see pictures...

Lee its ok, this is a really hard time of year for me too. but we have to just think of the end result... I havent been perfect this isnt a race. I am so close but am still taking my time, I want to do this right!! You got this too!!

Hi everyone else!!!... Donna ms. lady I miss you....we need to grab a coffee or something soon...

Oh yeah and we are having a pot luck tomorrow at work and I am making low fat low cal chilli, they wont know what hit them hehehehe....

Welcome home Heather!!! Missed you LOTS

Dont worry, you'll catch up. Be like Candra, take Christmas off this year!