Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

There has to be 6 weeks between surgery & the first fill to allow full healing & for the band to nestle down into the fat pad on the outside of the stomach, according to the manufacturer. There is a nice sticky under the "fills" forum from the manufacturer that "splains"how it all works. I had a really hard time between weeks 4 & 6, actually gained weight back rather than losing . . .that's because I HAD lost 20 lbs, and when the fat pad gets smaller the band gets all loose again. You have 2ccs in there already from surgery, to make the waiting easier . . . but still! I would have DIED if I had to wait another week for the first fill! Aargh!!

Edited by riley4183
couln't spell the first time

Oh my, my food intake took a DIVE today!

Had my berries for Breakfast, for lunch I had about 2 oz. extra-firm tofu with soy sauce and 2 roast beef and laughing cow lite roll-ups (total probably 3 ounces), and I was STUFFED. Could not even think about eating my salad. So now it's 5 1/2 hours later and I want dinner, so I started eating my cup-and-a half of lettuce that I brought for lunch and couldn't eat (after I ate 1 oz string cheese, Protein first!), and I can't get through it! Full again, and I only ate about half of it. Yay! I wonder if this will last through the evening . . will probably need another little something before bed, as it's only 4:40 now. If I do I will have some more of that extra-firm, high-protein tofu (Trader Joes, 14 g protein in 3 oz) because it really seems to stick with me a long time.

They do say it takes up to 2 weeks for the fill to restrict you, so maybe that's what's happening. I've also been real good about Water today, which always seems to help. Yay!

Riley so glad u are feeling the fill!!!

Darn it i just realized another nail is messed up grrr... i got a fill and came home and cooked, dumb me...

Ok so, i am down 19lbs since surgery. And i feel satisfied butnot 100% i could keep eating after my 1/4c. I thinkim going to move up to a 1/3c... we will see... oh im 2 weeks 2 days from surger.. i better freakin be at 199 tomorrow!!!

love ya girls!

Salmon Chowder

ok ladies THIS IS TO DIE FOR!

Since i halfed the recipe.. and let the broth, milk, and creme cook to long it got a lil thick.. perfect for my mush stage.. but, he used itontop of toast lol said DELISH.. lol:)

You guys are all doing great it sounds like!!! I'm so glad!!! Can't wait to be there too!!

I had my pre op class today!! It was fine nothing major.....I'm starting to second guess this decision...did anyone else before surgery? You know the whole am I doing the right thing....I think was going over the food diet after surgery that made me a little scared....

Me & my, I think we all did that to some drgree. You see those little tiny 2-oz cups and say oh my God, are you kidding me? That will totally SUCK to not be able to eat like a normal person! But the thing is - and ya gotta trust those who have gone before you here - when you get there, is so does NOT suck to only be able to eat that much! It so rocks, it feels great. And you WILL be able to eat one normal people do, for most of the rest of your life - just not as much. You will not be sorry! I belong to 3 support groups, different sizes, the largest one has a hundred or so people, and I have NEVER heard anyone say that they wish they had not had the surgery - ever! Yes, it WILL change you life, and it's OK to be scared about that - you don't know what it'll feel like yet. But believe me when I say I have never heard any complaints from my support groups! Many struggles, yes, but every single one would do it again.

Hope that helps!:rolleyes2:

Riley

You have no idea how muvh that helps!!!!! I want to be health...I want to play with my kids.....and of course I want to be able to buy an outfit from the juicy couture store that fits!!! :rolleyes2:

Thanks....I think its just time to get it over with!!

Chritine I ment to say girlfriend you look amazing!!!!

Hey ladies! Chiming in to say congrats to all of you!

I'd be right there with those April gals if I wasn't in school :rolleyes2:

But it's all good, my date is May 27th (forever and a day away!!) but I'm having the RNY, since I dont want any more children.

Can't wait to see more pics!

Me&My you will be fine, I have batled with this life altering decision for some time now and it is perfectly normal to have some ambivalence. However after seeing Riley, Tina, Nicole and Christine go through the process, I ahve NO DOUBTS that LB is what I want. You will be fine, we have a wonderful support group here.

I did my labs and EKG today, so I hope to get an appointment next week.

SHEENA, Hey girl! How are you it is good to see you chimming in. GB wow, that good you have to do what's best for you.Either you are still a part of our Kaiser Richmond Family. Hopefully we will get to see you more since school will be out. How is school?

Riley Tina, Nicole and Christine how are you ladies doing?

I am doing a little better everyday. Port still hurts but the other incision don't hurt anymore. Still get tired really easy and still having the gas pains from surgery.... Hope that passes soon!!! I am I. Stage 2 now so I hope that helps me get my energy back......... I can feel the band anyone else?? Just a pressure in my chest.... I think I am about 60 back to normal now ....... Not hungry , lost 6 pounds. Actually gained 5 but lost that and 6 more by tv third day.........I debated the surgery all the way through and even this week a few times when I was exhausted and achy but I still think once the post op stuff calms down I will happy with my decision!! I have a slight cold so that doesn't help........ I thought it was gone but after surgery it came back. So that might be part of the exhaustion. So glad for time off work.....

Christine wow!!! 50 pounds!!! My Internet is being fixed tomorrow!! First day I think I can handle having someone come out and fix it!! Everyone is doing so well!!! I am ready for some normal food even mushy!!! Some of the full liquids seemore like mushies so I have had to add some water.... My band feels tight I don't want to chance it.... No pain meds today we will see how that goes...

Well hey there Tina, gosh I hope you get some energy back soon! You are taking your Vitamins, right?? I got a lot of energy back when i stopped taking that darned vicodin - of course that was like a week out. And when I stopped taking that BP meds it turned out I didn't need anymore . . . .

That port hurts for a long time - it's just a real pain in your side! Right under your ribcage, too . . .grrr! I told Dr. Baggs when I had my 6 week check that if I had come in at 4 weeks, he would have really heard it from me about how big the stupid thing was and how much it stuck out and what a dumb place to put it, you can't even bend over & tie you shoes for petes sakes! Then it suddently got better and now I don't feel it at all. Of course he laughed and said that's why we don't let you come in at 4 weeks . . . but it really does get better & moves right out of your way. Being able to sleep on your side is heaven, too!

Well hey there Tina, gosh I hope you get some energy back soon! You are taking your Vitamins, right?? I got a lot of energy back when i stopped taking that darned vicodin - of course that was like a week out. And when I stopped taking that BP meds it turned out I didn't need anymore . . . .

That port hurts for a long time - it's just a real pain in your side! Right under your ribcage, too . . .grrr! I told Dr. Baggs when I had my 6 week check that if I had come in at 4 weeks, he would have really heard it from me about how big the stupid thing was and how much it stuck out and what a dumb place to put it, you can't even bend over & tie you shoes for petes sakes! Then it suddently got better and now I don't feel it at all. Of course he laughed and said that's why we don't let you come in at 4 weeks . . . but it really does get better & moves right out of your way. Being able to sleep on your side is heaven, too!

Ah so awhile to deal with the port.........dying to sleep on side!! I stopped the vicodan today so far so good. It was giving me a headache I think..........still taking the BP meds but trying to get a doctors apppintment. Vitamins started again today so tired I forgot........thanks for advice I can't wait to be back online officially

Vicodin did more than give me a headache, it also stopped me up (if you know what I mean!) and made me see snakes! Kiddie chewable tylenol treated me MUCH better.

Tina I mentioned the BP meds because I was getting really weak because my BP was WAY too low - like 80 over 49. My pulse was way too low too, under 45 BPM and my doc had told me before surgery to cut the atenolol in 1/2 if my pulse went below 55. So I started checking my BP 5 times a day and I was way too low and so was my pulse, I quit taking everything (they had taken me off the hydrocholothiazide in recovery) a week after surgery and still testing my BP 5 times a day, it was normal and I felt WAY better. When I saw my PCP @ 3 weeks he checked it twice himself, he said I was cured and it was good that I has stopped the meds when I did! VERY happy about having a normal BP now!

Check it out, down 70 lbs. as of this morning!!! I LOVE my band :tt1:

Edited by riley4183