Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

50.5 lbs down FINALLY!!!!!!! What a great day! AND---I slept on my side for 1/2 the night and it was heaven!

Woot! Woot! The big 5-0! Way to go Christine!! Love your band, love your scale, love your side!!! Woo-hoo!

Christine, I'm totally happy for you! How is everybody doing today? I went in to weigh today and doggonit I made surgery goal. I was absolutely thrilled. The down side is that Sandra, the girl who sets up the appointments for the CM is out and Liz is out until next monday. I can' wait to get this process going. I'm ready to experience the fullness :-)),

Wow, Christine you go woman! Even a new pic! How big that smile will be in another 10 - 50 lbs, Wow!

Congrats Reggie, for getting to goal, now for THE date, being expectant soon...also Candi, you never know...

could be cancellations!

Hi Riley how are ya! sounds like restriction going well.

Tina, how feeling, and internet up yet?

Nicole, how feeling, you must be healin so well, you out a walking or doing a marathon!

Hi Pam, how are you doing?

I am both encouraged and challenged by how well and good of a support group you all are! Have a blessed rest! :sneaky:

I took a new 50 lbs loss pic today and then found a before pic and wanted to post them. I think we should all post before and now pics!

post-250658-13813138316905_thumb.jpg

post-250658-13813138317206_thumb.jpg

WOW, like night and day! You go Girl!!! Inspire!

Reggie...it will be no time now.....Matbe we can have our surgery the same day......

Mine is scheduled for May 4....Good for you for being at goal!!! Its the best feeling huh?!!!

Thanks! It does feel good indeed.I don't like the waiting game. I have to wait till Liz gets back from vacation next week. I hope there aren't too many people in line LOL. It will be great if they will do my surgery as early as May4, but looking at everyone's record so far it may not happen. Well miracles happen right. I'll keep praying. I am SSOOOO ready!!!

Holy crap, my fill really worked! I have lost like 5.6 lbs. since having my fill last Friday - 6 days ago! WOO-HOO! I LOVE this band! What a perfect tool. I can eat quite a bit - like, last night I had 2 hard-boiled eggs followed by a cup of salad - but it takes me SO long to eat it, and if I follow the "protein first, then veggies" rule and the no-water-during or after rule, I stay full. SWEET!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Riley:thumbup:

Edited by riley4183

That's so great, Riley! I can't wait to be where you are eating normal food while getting full on not very much. I bet that feels so good.

Can you give me more examples of what your meals are like now? I'm very curious what and how much of stuff you can eat. Now go change that ticker! LOL

I hope you girls are all taking pictures as you go along this journey, it was very inspiring to look at before and after pics last night!

I don't really have before pics . . .I have some taken at the end of my 14-week Kaiser class, but I was already down 40+ lbs. then. I have one taken at a NASCAR event last summer - it was 106 out there, no shade anywhere and I have just run through the spray from a Water truck to just survive in that heat - but it is so unflattering that my friend who took the shot took it back! eww. I can tell you that I was not using all 3 chins, so I lost one real quick and don't miss it :-)

Oh my gosh Christine, I eat a LOT and never have gotten that "full" like after-thanksgiving feeling back that I had in the weeks after surgery.

Breakfast: Decaf soy latte (made with sugar-free chocolate Soy Slender, 7 g, Protein 70 cals 1 net carb), OR decaf black coffee and (after 1/2 hour or more) 1 cup fresh fruit

"Snack" - diet Jello (really a clear liquid, not a snack)

Water water water

Lunch: 4-5 ounces meat & cheese OR extra-firm tofu (I happen to love the stuff) OR 2 hard-boiled eggs, PLUS 1-2 cups lettuce with no-cal, no-carb Walden Farms dressing, PLUS either a sugar-free nonfat pudding or fat-free ricotta mixed with splenda and unsweetened cocoa poder (fake chocolate mousse!) I also walk for at least 30 minutes @ lunch (I walk 3x a day)

Water water water

"Snack" - chicken boullion (again, a clear liquid) or diet jello or another Soy Slender decaf latte - but if I really need something to eat-eat, whatever protein is leftover from my lunch, a string cheese or a boiled egg or something. Yes I know snacking is BAD and I am just perpetuating the habit, but I start at 5 am, have lunch at 11, and I really need something before I get home at 6!!!!!

Water water water

dinner - 4-5 ounces ham (still left from Easter!) + an ounce of cheese + a cup of cooked vegetables. Or last night, I had the 2 boiled eggs than the salad. That's a LOT of food! It also takes me far too long to eat it - like, close to an hour.

Salad is not on the menu yet, but I am having issues with Constipation and need more roughage so I have added them - I just chew well. The fruit I chose is also not on the menu yet (no berries yet, and I eat blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, which are the lowest carb fruits) except for occasionally watermelon, which is what Robin recommends (melon) as a fruit at this stage.

I do not eat ANY bread products (have discovered that my rashes and peeling skin went away when I cut out wheat, what a blessing!) or potatoes (they make me crave more, with butter and salt please), so pretty much all of my carbs come from fruits & veggies. Robin said it was fine to put protein first, then vegies, then fruit and forget about the starches as long as i was getting some carbs from fruits and vegies. See, I do listen to her! I am worried that I am eating too much, but everything seems to be working out fine.

I have been stuck 3 times already since my fill (never was stuck before the fill), once on ham, once on a sliced strawberry, and once on hard-boiled egg. All 3 times I was eating and talking to someone else and not paying attention to my chewing. That's why I eat so slow now!

I am starving now - nothing since 6:30 last night, and have been going for almost 4 hours alreadytoday - and going to go have a nice cup of blackberries, which will take me a half hour or so to chew! Not interested in anything else right now.

I log everything at www.caloriecount.about.com, which gives me an analysis at the end of every day. I get between 55-70 grams of protein, 20 of carbs 20 of Fiber and less than 1,000 calories. So it's really healthy, but it is SO MUCH FOOD! I am afraid that I have stretched out my pouch :sneaky:

but neither Dr. Baggs or Robin seems to think there is any problem, they are thrilled with my weight loss and Robin just keeps saying that everybody's different.

Nicole - how did you phone appt. go?

Riley

Thanks for all the info Riley. It's really interesting to get an idea of what our daily meals can look like once we're back to "normal", or what I call my "new normal". :sneaky:

You eat SUPER healthy! I don't know if I'll be able to be that strict with myself...no-cal, no-carb dressing, soy milk, you're a stronger woman than me! haha

I do eat super healthy, and I have for a long time - I was vegetarian before this journey started (until November 08) and I am looking forward to beiung vegie again. Robin is veggie so she gets it, but I had to commit to eating meat for 1 year . . .anyways, my PROBLEM has always been not WHAT I ate, but how frekin' MUCH I ate! Cows get fat eating grass, and I got fat eating super-healthy vegies! It's about the quantity, and one of the main reasons I picked the band - quantity was my problem. What scares me now is that, once again, I am eating more than (I feel like) I should, so am I even getting rid of the main overeating that got me close to 300 lbs. in the first place?

I wonder if any other bandsters have this dilemna?

Riley if you were to measure in a cup the amnts ur eating it sounds like its between 1cup to 1 and 1/4 which sounds fine.. :rolleyes2: 1000 cals also is NOTHING!!!:crying:

I am doing good, the appt went very well, i bought me a new processor.. will see how it works... my first fill appt got canceled due to some new rule or whatever with appts, and now its not till the 22nd, which is 1 week and 2 days further then my original.. and im already starting to fell hungry between some meals, depending on what i eat. Oh well ill call robin if i start to go off the diet...

I hope everyone is doing well.. sorry ive been busy lately, i found a new addiction lol.. christine tells me to lay off farm town:D