Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'm fine this thread...one is enough for me to check. Plus we go in spurts sometimes we all post and then other times we go for days without a post. Sometimes i (we) just want one person to respond pre...post doesn't matter.

N E way that's my 2 cents

Heather, my ticker lies - I'm 192! but can't bring myself to up it. once you start on regular food after surgery the weight loss stops and, in my case, went in reverse. But I've been holding steady for a couple weeks. Plateau, I guess and I haven't been eating as well as I should - sticking to 3-4 small meals a day but just not always the best choices LOL.

Jes - I wasn't in a 32. I was in a 34 but they were trying to tell me it was too big because it was on the very last hook and that I SHOULD BE a 32. Like I said i was squeezed into that damn 34 so I think the 32 would be a serious stretch! I'm not smaller than you I just carry most of my weight in my bottom half and thats not where they base the size LOL

Hi,

Jes, yes the world is so small. How do you know Jean? She is getting into gear to join us...

Reggie-Yes, Dr Fisher is just real and will always keep it real with you....I kinda like the hard ball...Being too nice to me doesn't keep me accountable...Yell at my a**1 Maybe you'll scare me into losing some damn weight.....LOL. You can do it girl. I can't wait to meet you!

Candra-I would love to get the Body Magic...However, I'm waiting until I get closer to goal. Also, I have 2 peps on standby...Bugging me to buy it from them. One friend and one cousin....What to do???? What to do???

I ordered my LapBand Card on Sunday morning over the phone. When they asked what size band I had I just said it's a 10cc band. They didn't ask what brand.

I also ordered a Pedemeter. I took a pic of Donna's and of Riley's on Saturday. I bought it on EBay for $29.99. It is the one you can connect to your PC. It was a steal...It retails for $59.99. I did a search and kept looking for Buy-it-Now and free shipping....the only way to go! I am pretty savvy on EBay. I also always look at completed listings for what ever item I want and make sure I don't pay more than that! You can always get a good deal that way. Let me know if you need help....

Can't remember who else I was to address....

Oh, even though I am new here...I have to agree with Jes in that...I like having one place to look and one group no matter how large. The more the merrier! In my experience, there are times when people have lots to say and others when there's barely anything. Pre and Post op's can co-mingle. Just my .02 cents....... Do what you want.....

I must admit....I ate well and on program up until dinner. I was so exhausted...I did not cook. I ate 3 hot wings from KFC and a mashed potato and gravy.....Oh well!!!! Back at it tomorrow. I also must confess, The Biggest Loser and you all saved me from the Pilsbury Cookies I was about to go make and finish off the evening with...Thanks for saving me!!!

Reggie....tomorrow is a new day!!!

Good Morning,

I'm new as well, and still haven't quite figured out who's who here. I like that this group is both pre and post op because I'm learning a lot from both. I don't think I've seen more than 10 people posting to this thread, but maybe that's just because I'm still getting people confused.

Kaiser is 6-7:30 tonight in Building C - 3rd floor. I'm going to try to get there early and wait out in the hall for you Tamra and whoever else gets to come. I'll look for the pink sweatshirt. It doesn't look like rain, so I won't be wearing the turquoise rain jacket. Don't know what I'll wear.

I ate some 94% fat-free popcorn last night. Up two pounds this morning. I guess I'm done with it. It's so not worth it in the morning. I'm going to NY and Boston next week. I almost feel like I'm waiting until 12/1 when I get home to get serious about the 1200. I don't know what's up with that. I've been close to 1200 daily and was doing great, don't know what derailed me with the popcorn last night. Maybe it was hearing Robin's voice, no corn after surgery, no corn after surgery, no corn after surgery.

I've been mostly low carb. Don't know what was up yesterday. Back on plan this morning.

I'm thinking about Maria and visualizing her waking up from the surgery and being sooooooo happy that it's over and that everything went perfectly! :redface:

Good Morning All!!!

Im going to Kaiser this AM to do a weight check, first time I see what I am on a kaiser scale. I weighed in my clothes this am at 245.2 but im sure it will be way different when I get there hehehe...

Tamara Im Nicole... They call me Nicollie because there are 2 nicoles hehehe. Liz and I did Zumba last night!!! I loved it... WE lasted the whole damn time too... After about 10 mins I was ready to get out of there but I stuck it out. It was so fun we are going back next week!! YAY... I just went through a few of my WW cookbooks and took down some of the ones I can use with my diet plan now. its awesome..They are easy too!!

Hope everyone has a fab day...

The lady who talked to us about the Body Magic suit had had gastric bypass herself and she said to wait until you lost the weight and it had settled before buying one of the suits. Won't it get too big Jess and Candra when you lose all your weight? It looked way too uncomfortable to me.

Yes Maria is on her way to the operating room right about now.

I am fine with only having this one thread. The single moms web thing I used to be on had different threads - ie trying to get pregnant, moms of toddlers, etc - the problem with that is if no moms are on the trying to get pregnant thread - who is there to help them? If only pre-op people participate in the pre op thread who can give them advice? It seems like the post op people dwindle off after a while and don't post much. Does that make any sense?

I got on the scale today and was 218.2 - down from 220.7 on Monday morning - I guess it works when you follow the program. :redface: Still need to lose 3 more to match my ticker line so I don't have to change it. I am on a roll.

Good morning everyone!!

Lee - So jealous!! I LOVE BOSTON!!! My brother lives in New Hampshire so I have been several times. Good luck staying away from clam chowder bowls :redface:

Nicollie - Whats the Zumba like? is it dancing?

oh and abut the threads, I have mixed feelings. I like reading pre banded and banded peoples stories and their struggles as well as mine, but at the same time, I would like to be in a thread of just UN BANDED people, to support each other and follow each others journey *shrugs* I dunno!

I do think alot of times peoples post get missed because of alot of personal back and forth talking...

Good luck to Maria this AM!!!!

Hope you guys who are going to the EG Meeting today have fun! Anyone live close to go to the Antioch Kaiser meetings or the ones at John Muir in Walnut Creek?

Candra, you are so funny with the girdle thing!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Liz, I’m on Facebook too, but it’s the same for me…no one knows that I will be going for this! Hehe! I will PM you too!

I don’t mind the big group, I actually like it. It seems less like a clique! Besides all of you post ops are good at answering questions, like this:

Do you have to lose weight before each fill? Even if the band is not giving enough restriction?

Oh, does anyone have the BodyBug or the GoWear Fit?

Lee, I am in the same boat as you with the corn! My grandma bought me an early xmas present and it was an old fashion popcorn maker!!!!! Ugh what’s a girls to do!!!!!!! I can’t lie though I realy wanted it for my boy’s birthday parties!!!!

Canoli, I think that we are gona have the same surgery goal of 225!

So with the body suits, if you wait until you lose all the weight wont it be counterproductive at that point since the goal of wearing it is to help you re-shape your body overtime so that eventuly you don’t need it? Or are you supposed to wear it FOREVER?

PS. I can't waith for my orientation on Sunday!!!!!!

Ashley I live next to John Muir in Concord are the meetings only @ the Walnut Creek one? We are going to the Richmond one tonight if you want to come meet us and listen?

Tamra, I got this packet when I went to the required weight loss class before being reffered to the Fremont Kaiser. It list support groups and only shows Antioch, Livermore & Walnut Creek Kaiser as well as the Walnut Creek John Muir. I think that is beacuse I am from the Antioch area so that is the list they gave me. I would go to the richmond one tonight, but I have another thing to do in concord for my home daycare that I run :thumbup: But Maybe next time. I know how you feel about the need for other pre-banders, so maybe we can start our own social group instead of another thread. I think I just joined the Northern California Bay Area on that you are on, so sumthing like that. I would just hate for the banded ones to leave cause I like to hear their stuff :)

hey all so weight check went AWESOME!! i weighed less at kaiser than at home... Im stoked!!

Tamara, Zumba is like 10 little dances in one hour its so fun!! You should try it. we did it in the dark so you arent as embarassed hehehe..

Any news on Maria yet?

Pammie - work it girl! wish i could get on a roll. I hope at some point the garment would get too big but I lose at a snails pace so it will be a while. It is suppose to help with flabby skin so i feel the sooner you get it the better - I'm real soft & Jiggly in the mid section - and thighs, oh and arms and, well, everywhere, but it is what it is.

Wish I could go tonight but it's my anniversary - 14 years seems like a really long time but it feels like it went by fast.

So post ops - I need help/advise - I don't stay full/satisfied for longer than 2 hours so I'm wanting to eat all the time - how did you get thru the bandster hell till you got your first fill and is 3 months the norm to wait for the first one or is The Doc just twisted?

Ash - waiting for orientation is so exciting. Then it's all about the goal weight. I never even thought about the actual surgery until I reached goal then I was like "holy crud" am I really gonna do this? I had a great phone call from Donna right before surgery that just helped me right along - PS: "THANKS DONNA IF I FORGOT TO SAY THAT BEFORE" - anyway - this is a real exciting time!

Isn't there some annual LBT convention (preferably a cruise) somewhere we can all vacation too? I'm guessing the Body Magic under the bakini isn't such a good idea since nobody gave me the go-a-head so I promise not to do it if we all cruise hahahaha

Ashley - Where is your daycare located? Do you have openings? I am staying home mom right now, but I would like my daughter to go maybe 2 days a week or so, to get prepaired. She has NEVER been to one nor around a group of kids without me. Let me know. She's 3.

Nicollie - yay on the lower weight, I love KP scales SOMETIMES LOL. Who is your surgeon?

oh and side note, huge pet peeve...my name is spelled TAMRA lol!!! sorry :thumbup: