Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Reggie, hunny - we miss you too! Damn that Dr. F - how dare he make you feel even worse! I would email Dr. Park & tell her what happened.

books - I do the head hunger ones:

The Beck Diet Solution - the book AND the workbook. It's cognitive therapy for emotional eaters

The End of Overeating, David Kessler - this was our textbook in the Overcoming Emotional Eating class, and Robin talks about the studies in it. If you only buy one book, my psych says this should be it.

Most helpful to me: A little logbook called "DietMinder Personal food & Fitness Journal" by MemoryMinder Journals, I got mine on learance at GNC they also have them at Barnes & Nobles or you can get them online just Google it. Not only does it have places for you to log everything food-and exercise-related, it has goal setting and extra columns for you to log your emotional stuff. My extra columns are labled "Hunger 0-5" - with 0 being full and 5 being the most starving I can be. My last column is labeled "Emo?" and there I record what my emotions were when I ate, esp. with my snacking - and I find I'm usually bored, restless, or feeling entitled - not the reasons that I thought I was snacking. I am back down to my ticker weight again after logging like this for 1 week. It takes about 30 minutes a day, but I'm worth it :-):w00t:

Good morning all!

Lee- Yes you can weigh in if you want @ the meetings, and no binder is needed.

Day 2, and moving along great! down 2 lbs about so far...not to hungry today either.

See ya all around!

Hi Ladies & Gent,

Way too much to read but i was able to skim. short for time but...

Heather... Just love you - I wish I could give bridezilla a swift kick in the arse but she whould take me down in a heartbeat! thats one rough 5'8" Oakland Police officer!

the bridal show wasn't too bad but we couldn't stop there - first - I forgot my phone! the bridal show was on till 4 - but then we had to go to Santa Clara (bridal show was in Burlingame) where the wedding is being held at freedom hall. them we had to scout out hotels and try to get room blocks and then restaurants for the rehersal dinner and try to figure out menus and discounts (alot of places give discounts to police officers - hmmm? I think a change in career is in order!) Anyway - then dinner and back home at 9 pm - hear that... NINE PM!

Last night I picked up Bridezilla's future step daughter cuz she wanted to spend the night with me - got her stuff, went to safeway to pick up some lunch food for her - was in there 15 minutes and when I came out... Car had been broken into and all Mikhaela's stuff was stolen - her homework, school books, back back, ipod, camera, shoes, underwear and house keys - so depressing bucause now I gotta come up with 500 to replace all that crap because I feel so bad.

I AM BITING MY TOUNGUE BECAUSE I AM SO CRANKY STILL!

Ladies, YOU ALL LOOK SO GREAT and because I'm in such a foul mood I'm angry with you all for having a good time without me! I demand a "do-over"! I didn't get to meet Pat or Captain Mo! Didn't get to see Riley Jane and it's been forever!!!

Riley - PM me your address so i can send you the $ for the book!!!!!! You look wonderful.

Jewel - don't steel my book! Oh, and I found a great body shaper but it's 170.00!

Maria - if I recall, tomorrow is the big day, right? So excited for you!

REGGIE - YOU SAY WHEN AND WE WILL HOOK UP! I WILL EVEN RISK MY MATRON OF HONOR JOB AND CANCEL ANY AND ALL APPTS TO BE THERE. the doc is a no nonsense kind a guy!

I am not losing ANY weight - only eating 3 times per day, on my treadmill (C25K) 3 days per week and NADA! I have zero restriction - don't feel my band at all - I even tried to not chew well to see if anything gets stuck but nothing! I think somebody stole it!!

Anyway, now I'm in a rush to purchase an ipod so I can have it for Mikhaela when she gets home from school so I'm out the door - I will catch up with you ladies later

Pammie, did you get my txt last night?

So much to catch up on....

First of all I had a great time with all you ladies in Vallejo!!!! We need do things often. Everyone rocks!

Second... Candra I will take down bridezilla... we missed you bunches!

We had our very own Elk Grove meeting that was awesome as usual!

The support that has been given from the ladies is a blessing. i feel that we all have met and bonded over something most can not understand. I appreciate all the knowlege and support. I also feel blessed to give my support.

Maria... you go girl.... you are gonna be a star, you are already a beautiful women and a special spirit. World watch out now... she is gonna blossom into an even more fabulous women!!! Holla!

I hope Amanda finds our page in this maze we call our site! lmao... she is pretty great too.(met her at our Elk grove meeting)

Pam I am proud of you for having a good day!!

Donna u rock!!!!! smooches! We love ya like crazy! So we need to get together sometime. We forgot our book and CD to borrow. bummer. We wanna see ya anyway =D its an excuse really, LOL.

Nicolie and I are doing pretty well. She is doing better than me but we are trying to kick but. We are losing..woot woot... We are gonna do Zumba tonite!! LMAO... I want to video tape us for a good laugh! Lets see we might bust a move we both took dance as kids at the same studio but didnt know eachother... craziness... and look at us now. Donna add that to your novel hehehehe.....

Oh and yes we should totally take a professional pic when we are all at goal. Thats an AWESOME idea!!!!! Also when me and Nicolie are losing more we should start planning a nice evening for all of us ladies... dress up and strut ourstuff on the town!

Ill kill you if you try to video tape hahaha lmao... I DONT THINK SO~~~ Although we could probably win on america's funniest home videos... lol..

Candra - I don't have texting anymore - had to cancel it with the third furlough day. Just glad to hear you are okay - I was worried about you.

I am having a stressful day at work - nothing going right. I ate my 1/3 cup tuna salad at 11 am and I think I will take a little walk to get some fresh air to see if that helps.

This was the special speaker at last night's support group! They shut the door so we couldn't hear, and they came out towards the end to try to sell us her book. :lol: It was pretty lame, no one had mentioned that there was a special event. Amanda (our new RNY friend from last night) said she was on their email list and didn't hear anything about a special event. I called the number for the leader of the group and never got a return phone call. Hmmmm. But we had a great group last night. :w00t: I'm going to start collecting magazines to make my vision board! lol.

Oh, and there was another person there in the beginning, she was selling body shaper things. "The Garment" as she kept saying. It was some "Loose 2 sizes instantly" thing. But that thing was way expensive. Her before and after photos were impressive, but that's a lot of money. She kept calling it an "inexpensive tummy tuck". Or, as I'm calling it, "A hecka expensive girdle".:smile:

Hope you're all having a good day, full of good choices!

Edited by singand_dance
spelling- whoops!

A hecka expensive girdle!!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!

I did a vision board last year and have it hanging in my closet on the door. Thats so funny cuz just the other day I was looking at it after a long time of ignoring it. I am going to look at it closer and think a bit more about it...maybe I should do another!!! I love this kind of stuff =D Great idea Heather!

I wonder if the body suit Candra mentioned for $170 is the same "expensive girdle" the lady was trying to sell us last night - didn't it cost $170?

I was thinkin the same thing! I think we all could chip in and buy one and then we will share it... like the sisterhood of the traveling girdle. LMAO!!!!

Well, don't let me use the traveling girdle cuz I'll just get it stolen!

Pammie - the txt last night was just explaining why I missed your call - police station and all.... They really don't care but I get it, how can they find these people if they don't want to take prints or anything.

No response to my "do-over" demand yet... WTF? I want a "do-over"

Liz-zard - I just might take you up on that offer - somebody has got to control bridezilla - One day you guys got to meet her so you can just see what I'm talking about LOL

Can the professional photo shoot be al fresco? After my boob job and tt - You think I can get away with wearing that girdle thing under my ba-kini - think anybody would notice if I got it in the "nude" color???

LMAO Candra... and of course we will have a do over.. we will have many do overs!!!! We gotta plan stuff everyonce in a while. It is so great seeing everyone! We did miss ya! Ok and police...what??? What the heck happend? R u ok?

got me surgery time 8:00am first surgery! I need to be there by 6:30 so I need to leave my house by 4:30am so freakin early!! Im still having that upper back pain whenever I breath in!! darn it it's concerning me!!!