Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ah fun pictures!!! And I would have been under the bridge too if I was there. That is so, so funny!! LMAO and was not even there.

12 pounds in 10 days?? That is great. I am going back the 1200 although Robin said I should not be able to eat that much with the band. Ah I think I can...............;-) I need to drop fast again so I can get a fill!! I have just a tiny bit of restriction but nothing like before. I am know I can eat at least 1200!! ;-P But I think I can be more than full with 1200!!! And I lost well that way before.

Today was a good day, yesterday ah nope. I had frozen yogurt which I know is a no-no and some popcorn!!

Work is going good. Liking my new job better than what I was doing before. Finally settling in :-) I have had only one 10pm night in a month so hopefully my luck holds. I am finding out I was very, very bored at my old job. Here it is quicker and faster and I have to think on my toes..............kinda liking the faster pace!!

Well back to cleaning my house. Yep I wanted until last minute :-)

Edited by swrktp

Carbs are NOT my friend. I tried to stay away from them. Nothing white for me, flour, sugar and flour. If I do eat carbs it is whole wheat...........but hmm I don't even do that much. I have not eaten Pasta in 7 months. bread off and on but I ate what I can "fat bread" the kinds that has lots of roughage in in so it is sorta thick and .........oh yes lets me honest dry!!

My biggest problem was snacking/sugar and diet coke. Snacking is still hard. Diet Coke. Well it has been 7 months and I don't miss it anymore. Now Vitamine Water 10 orange or peach flavor. I drink that stuff instead and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

I am vegetarian so things are a bit more complicated for me since I don't eat animals!! LOL!!

I am suppose to try meat this week!! But I could gag and slip my band!! LOL. NO really I am gonna try it so I can tell Robin I did.

I made this Egg McMuffin thing tonight. So good. And mostly protien. 1 egg, Morning star farms veggies sausage, reduced fat cheese and Hearty grain ENglish muffin. It was so, so good. I wanted two but only had one!! Tomorrow morning I know what I am gonna have!! This is my new Breakfast thing. I am hating eggs but need to eat them again after talking to RObin this way they don't taste so yuck. I could add some salse or pesto to for a condement!! Hmmm.........but it was good plain too!!

Ok I gotta clean............:-)

Tina, what the heck? Robin wants you to eat flesh?!?! Totally unbelievable! Are you not getting enough Protein? Girlfriend! Yikes! What are you going to do??

I added fish back - went pescatarian, I guess, tho with my shellfish allergy it seems a waste to even say that. But I'm eating fish once a day, although I prefer it to come from a can(!) Fish is a good band food, does not gets stuck fills you up fast and stays in the pouch a long time. But I know you, and it will ruin you to eat flesh! Arggg!! What is going on with Robin telling you that?

Oh eggs and pesto - have you ever fried the egg in pesto sauce?? OMG!!! I could eat that for all 3 meals!!

Here's another super high-protein breakfast recipe, the bacon bits are soy not meat and it's 112 calories, 18 g Protein, 2 fat and <4 carbs. I actually like it better cold for lunch:

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

2 cups chopped spinach (I use frozen, nuke it then squeeze it dry)

1 1/2 cups eggbeaters

1 1/2 cups lowfat cottage cheese

3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar

1 1/2 tablespoons bacos bits

DirectionsShred cheese. Mix everything together and pour into sprayed baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes

Edited by riley4183

Hi all,

Hope you had fun walking! I missed out, my mom moved this weekend and only me and my friend were able to help her last minute, so of course parents first :wink2:

I am eating so bad! omg! BUT I am mailing my cobra papers in tomorrow and once kaiser kicks back on I am going for a weight check and getting back into going to the meetings - speaking of, when is the next one and does anyone wanna go with me?? U don't need a kaiser card to get in so I guess I can go anytime really.....let me know.

Annalyn where are you?

Where is everbody . . . . .

Yes, I will go to the 7 pm meeting tomorrow night at Elk Grove Kaiser. It is in one of the rooms across the hall from the Pharmacy downstairs. Not sure if I can stay until 9 but I will try.

I had so much fun with you gals on Saturday walking and having lunch. I will be at the Point West meeting on the 28th.

Ugh back to work tomorrow after being off 5 1/2 days. I did laundry all day today and the kids and I walked to the frozen yogurt place - about 1 mile round trip but I guess that is better than nothing. And yes I had non-fat frozen yogurt for lunch.

I am getting back on program in a strict way tomorrow - I have found I can't waver a little bit - makes me give myself permission to waver even further.

Need to head to bed. Great pictures from Saturday.

I am off and on and and that Pesto egg things sounds really, really good.............I love Pesto!!

I got this egg thing at starbucks that had pesto instead of mayonaise and it was so good. Gave me the idea.

Oh Robin things I am not losing fast enough. She thinks that my band has been to tight for a long time and I am eating sliders. I am not 100% in agreement with that. But I am doing a food log for her voluntarily. I was to tight after having the flu and it didn't get better to I got an unfill. She says two unfills means I have been to tight for awhile and got to many fills to fast.............in other words she is saying I can't have a fill until she tells Dr. Baggs I can. Dr. Baggs argued it a bit from what I heard but anyway. She said 10 pounds he said 5.

I am not that worried. I am sure it was having the flu and throwing up for three day. I just wanted a break and to get rid of the flu and this croupy stuff. To hard to be sick and so tight. I am trying not to enjoy this time to much!!!

But anyway it forces me to be more motivated which is not a bad thing!! :-)

Yea Pam I am getting strict again but I started today........darn it!! :-)

I have to get done five pounds at least and I don't want to have to drink Water for three days before I go!! Better to start now............and have a bit of a cushion to work with!!

night all!!

selfish time. makes me sad seeing people hit their surgery weight goal and here I am, at it since July 29 and not even close...*sigh*

Ah Tamra I am losing slow too but we will both get there!! I hear ya, I hear ya....................but stick it out and don't give up. It is worth it to be banded :-) I say that even with all my ups and downs.

You have been under alot of stress give yourself a break!! Perfection is not expected just get back up and start again :-)

Dr. Im told me that 7 cc appears to be my limit and I already have 7 cc. He didn't say anything about me coming back to see him again - he said it's all up to me now - and that scares me. I know I have been eating too many sliders. I don't mind losing slowly - as long as I get to where I want to be. I had two bites of hotdog tonight and one small bite of breadstick at Target at dinner time and by the time we got home 10 min later I knew it was not going to stay down and sure enough up it came. I ended up having a bowl of Cereal for dinner and have a headache now too. I made up tuna salad yesterday and I am going to thaw some shrimp tomorrow so I can make up my little 1/3 c bowls of food for the week. Guess I need to get on the scale in the morning too. Definitely need to make an appt to see my therapist too.

Yea Pam I hear that. I think that is where I am at. I can have more of a fill but I have to prove I can lose without it first. Sorta like pre op.

I know I won't be going any higher that 5.5cc's unless I lose a ton of weight. But I have 44 to lose now and by the time I lose that and could have a bigger fill I will be at goal.

So yea Pam I hear ya. I feel like in some ways I am on my own too. Well and the thing is we have to always be good or we could gain it back with sliders that is scary too.

I think I am going to max out at 5.5cc's - I am going in again in 1 month for another .25cc and that should be the last of it. I have been going back and forth between 172ish and 176ish, when I get over 176 I have restriction again - band won't let me gain too much - but when I get down to 172 I have zero restriction and I'm running on willpower - and it's HARD. I am 174 again today and felt my band this morning but not since then. Still . . . . I am logging why I am eating and how hungry I am, and I'm not eating because I'm hungry - I'm eating because I want to or I have some insane primal urge to - all head hunger. ITS HARD

Evenin all...here we gooo!

1 - Sgt Riley, Major Jes & Queen (of the walks) Heather!

2 - View FROM the 2 mile marker (1/2 way)

3 - Major Jes & Sgt Riley DOIN THE STEPS!

4 - Heather, Riley, Jes & Donna @ 2 mile marker

5 - Riley & Pammie (is that a princess wave?)

What a beautiful day it was, and such a fun way to get to talk/know a different beautiful lady as we naturally switched along the way! All were gracious to let Jes & I in front for some of the time w/ our shorter strides...thank you..hehe.

post-246064-13813138870597_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138870892_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138871168_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138871451_thumb.jpg

post-246064-1381313887173_thumb.jpg