Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh speaking of the pre-op 1200 cal diet... Did anyone just do Atkins instead? I know I can lose 25-30 on it in 3 months (I have 4-5 years ago).

Ashley, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm doing an even lower carb than Atkin. Basically induction without much veggies.

I asked Robin at orientation last week. She said that I should start with the Protein (3 servings) at each meal. If I omit the carb/dairy/fruit, I can't substitute anything else instead. Her fear was that I would be hungry. She thought that 9 servings protein a day was already a high protein diet. I have to admit that I eat a lot more protein than that in one day.

I'd love to hear if others have followed Atkins to lose.

Hi Lee!

Bridge, uh yeah . . .SOME of our girls - I'm not pointing fingers, you know who you are! - hid under the bridge supports, where it's all dark and creepy, and when the rest of us came around under the bridge they jumped out and scared us to pieces!!!

Pre-op diet & low-carb - yes. It is important to get used to the serving sizes in the 1200 pre-op diet, so you really need to stick to it as well you can with regard to Proteins and vegies. But Robin won't be upset if you cut out the starchy carbs, and you will be less hungry. I have wheat sensitivity so I never did the breads, and I KNOW that "1/2 of a small baked potato" for me would quickly turn into 2 baked potatoes with 5 tbs of butter and salt, so I stayed away from them too - a trigger food for me for sure. At first I tried to replace the carb servings with Protein servings, but it was just too much food! So I pretty much followed the plan, replacing milk with soy and just not doing the carbs (I still ate fruit in the AMs) and I lost FAST - 43 lbs (over the holidays!) in 2.5 months. The problem with just doing Atkins is that it doesn't limit you portion sizes or snacking, which you HAVE TO get used to doing before surgery - so you can modify the 1200 to cut out "cheap" carbs and your trigger foods, but stick to the portion sizes - that's important.

Hello All, Good Morning1

Riley-I called and ordered my ID Card this morning. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait until it comes. It will certainly help me when ordering smaller portions at restaurants and for emergencies.....

Hello All, Good Morning1

Riley-I called and ordered my ID Card this morning. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait until it comes. It will certainly help me when ordering smaller portions at restaurants and for emergencies.....

Why of course!

Monique, you SO crack me up girl!

I like my little card too, even though I've never used it . . . we got the packets of info - including the temp. card and the form to send in for the "hard" card - at our first group fill, either from Robin or Liz . . . . anyways, if you didn't get the card and you want one, go to Lapband.com - LAP-BAND it is both a "let them order smaller portions" card, and an emergency ID card with a tie-in to an online emergency info system at lapbandcentral.com/er - specifically, it has emergency unfill instructions.

Donna! I can't wait for you to post those pics from yesterday, you too Heather!! They are dropping like flies off my eHarmony list - need new pics of me having fun!! Or being eaten by a shark, I dunno . . . need to find a mand who can tolerate my sense of humor, NOT an easy task!

Thank you Riley for the info! Patatos are a trigger for me too :wink2: I don't usely snack at all, and I don't drink soda, or coffe so liquid calories are out for me. I'm just feeling a little intimidated about the 1200 cal diet and I'm fearful of the hunger pains by lowering portions! But yet I can see what you are saying about getting used to smaller portions too. Hmmm whats a girl to do!

Bridge, what bride I didnt see any bridge heheheheh!!! Classic!

You ladies are wonderful company. I had such a blast with all of you!! Thanks cant wait until the next time.

ASh & Lee, I am on day 10 of the 1200 cal diet and I follow it to the T.. I am anal when it comes to this stuff hehehe. But it is working wonders for me so far. I am down 12 lbs. So I would try it out at first and then tweek it however you need to. One of the girls had to cut out carbs because she gained but the carbs are ok for me, I just watch them and do them spareling. Good Luck YOU CAN DO IT!!

Hope all is having a great day.

Nicollie

Riley and Nicollie,

Thanks for responding about the food plan. You each did it a little differently and it worked!

Ashley, I'm a bit intimidated by the portion size as well. I too am not a snacker, nor do I drink caffeine or soda. Just Water and herbal tea. Doing low carb, I got out of the snacking because I'm not generally hungry between meals.

Breakfast looks easy, lunch and dinner a little harder, but I'm going to give it a try. I really just want the Protein and veggies but if I'm too hungry, I'm going to do fat free Fage yogurt along with it.

I'm still healing from my gallbladder surgery on 11/2. For the last two weeks I've been eating sprouted wheat bread and also fruit. The funny thing is that I haven't been able to budge a pound in so long and since surgery I've taken off 7 pounds. Maybe I need to completely rethink this 1200 calorie plan and make it work for me.

I'm grateful for guidance! Thank you all.

That's funny about the bridge. I hope I can join you all next time. Any besides me from the Oakland/Berkeley area?

How often do you change your tickers? Only when weighing in a Kaiser or what? I weight naked at home when I wake up. At Kaiser I was wearing clothes shoes etc.

good morning/afternoon, boy time flies. Ok I had a great time too! I can't wait to see the pictures. I had my camera but I don't know what I was thinking cuz I didn't even take it out of my purse. You all are a hoot. Monique so glad you came, you are close to me so you should join Candra and I on our walk a little more regular.

Annalyn, what the heck happened? We missed you. Canolie, Liz, Pat, Heather, Pam, Big sis Donna and Sgt Riley luv you all....so much fun. Candra I have your book from Riley in my trunk so I don't add it to my library LOL.

For the newbies, I did the Atkins induction since I am a carb addict, one taste sends me into week stretch of nothing but carbs.

So glad you are checking in Nicole I really miss you. Huggs to Auds. Love the holiday photo.

I've got an event this afternoon so I better get going.

Happy Sunday!

Hello All!

Yesterday was good fun. I'm hecka sore now!

You should follow the 1200 calorie at least in the beginning, and then modify it. Don't just pick a random diet. Tweak the plan to fit your needs. The 1200 calorie diet is actually a lot of food. The thing that took a while to get used to was eating only 3 times a day. I was snacking more than I realized, so I'd be full with only a little food and then I'd be hungry a few hours later. If your worried about carbs, just save them for the end. You might be too hungry to eat them anyway.

post-264076-13813138868551_thumb.jpg

post-264076-1381313886891_thumb.jpg

post-264076-13813138869194_thumb.jpg

post-264076-13813138869489_thumb.jpg

Edited by singand_dance

Lee- Doc Fisher wants me to record my weight each day so I try to update my ticker daily. Some people prefer to change it only with their Kaiser weight. It's up to you!

EG support meeting at 7pm tomorrow, I talked to Maria and we are in, anyone else????

Liz and Canolie! Hey, I wonder why we are not in those 2 mile pics??? ROTF LMAO!

Liz and Canolie! Hey, I wonder why we are not in those 2 mile pics??? ROTF LMAO!

hahahaha . . . too busy hiding under a bridge!!!! You girls SLAY me . . . but I think poor Pami almost had a heart attack!! Next time you will be RUTB (rolling under that bridge) and I will be LMAO!!! LOL

Good pics Heather - what a pretty walk!!! Donna, where's my shark pic? And that nasty pirate, LOL!!!