Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

The Lortab makes me feel VERY relaxed and at ease (like my CD, lol) and they give you a big container of it, although I only have about 1/4 of it left. Hopefully I won't need it after Friday or Saturday...that's what I'm hoping.

I know some of this advice is yucky stuff about the complications and not feeling good, but at least you'll have an idea of what to expect just incase it happens.

I DO know that this will all be worth it, and I'm already down almost 4 lbs since Monday. WOOT!

I want and need to know so I am reading it all and making notes!! I am glad I have time off!!

Goodness, never call our Nurses lol. Those ladies dont get it! They dont even know what lap band surgery is!!!

She went on to tell me if it gets worse to go to any er.. im like i cant. Then i find out she didnt even call a surgeon but just the dr on call.. So im just staying still and putting on the 3 squares of guaze she said to, and hoping its DONE in the am..

I cant wait for 12 weeks from now when we are all healed and doing very well!

Hey Nicole how are you doing? Just thinking about you this morning...........

RILEY--how many days did you take Lortab for? Did you use all of it?

I stopped taking it when I started halluciniating, which was a Saturday - and surgery was a MOnday, so . . . 5 days? I used almost all of it. It does have a refill ya know!

Going down to Richmond today for my first fill . . . I had lost 23 lbs. after surgery, but have gained 3 or 4 of those back, yucko! I can eat like a horse now, and I mean ANYthing. I stated eating salads because gosh I am eating so much volume, I have to have something less dense! NOTHING has gotten stuck, made me sick, or anything like that. I did get some "sliming" with cottage cheese gulped down w/out chewing 1 time, but that was it. Now it feels like my band just fell off! I hope he gives me a lot of saline today.

Christine, I didn't ever do the liquid tylenol - too much sugar. Instead I did the chewable "jr" ones made for older kids, if you get the ones made for little widdle kids you have to eat like 12 of them!

Thank you for the advice, Riley! I think I'll get the chewable ones today. You're right, the liquid tylenol is NASTY and so thick and sweet, I almost gagged yesterday when I took it. So you just got the chewable kids' Tylenol? (acetaminophen) How many did you take? I'm due for medicine now but I really don't want to take Lortab anymore.

Good luck at your fill! I can't wait to hear all about it. Please let us know all the details when you have time!

Anyone hear how NIcole is doing? Riley let us know how the appointment goes todsay. Christine you feeling better today.

I am waiting until 1:30 now to get my surgery time. I am assuming I have to be there at 6:45 and will be shocked if it is different than that but we'll see

Nicole is still home, and is still oozing through the gauze. I don't know if she'll be going in, I think she's waiting for Richmond to call her back.

Tina, I bet you'll need to be there at 6:45 too...if not 8am for sure. I can't wait for Monday to be here, I bet you can't either!

Hi All!!

Tina I'm doing well thanks, I went to weigh in at Bruceville today and came in at 309, my scale at home was 306.6. Needless to say I was quite upset. Atleast I know that there is a 3lbs difference with my scale and theirs. I bet you are excited about Monday, I wish you all the best.

Nicole, I hope the bleeding has subsided? That is no fun. let us know how things are going!

Christine, I'm glad you are feeling better! I know stomach muscles are no joke!! 4lbs wow that is cool. I'm going back on Monday to weigh again, I am so ready for this. I think I'm retaining Water because it's the time of the month for AAARRGGGHHHH. lol. Hope all is well with all. Riley glad you are doing well, how is the weight loss progressing. How much are you losing weekly?

Happy Easter to you ALL!

Tina, once again Bon Chance!!!!

The liquid Tylenol for Adults has Corn Syrup and the JR tablets Meltaways has Dextrose aka sugar as the main ingredients... so they are both sugars. Just dont get the kids liquid tylenol they use sugar to sweeten it, along with the tabs are sweetened by sugar. I wonder why they dont put the G of sugar on the bottles...

Riley! FILL YAY!!! When did u stop feeling full? Let us know how it goes

Going down to Richmond today for my first fill . . . I had lost 23 lbs. after surgery, but have gained 3 or 4 of those back, yucko! I can eat like a horse now, and I mean ANYthing. I stated eating salads because gosh I am eating so much volume, I have to have something less dense! NOTHING has gotten stuck, made me sick, or anything like that. I did get some "sliming" with cottage cheese gulped down w/out chewing 1 time, but that was it. Now it feels like my band just fell off! I hope he gives me a lot of saline today.

Christine, I didn't ever do the liquid tylenol - too much sugar. Instead I did the chewable "jr" ones made for older kids, if you get the ones made for little widdle kids you have to eat like 12 of them!

So, i called the nurse im sure i posted that and she said put a ton of gauze on.. well i did went to bed and at 7am my shirt was wet. I woke up and cleaned and changed the bandage. OH and checked for a temp (my temp is cold lol)

It is at an ooze, good news is for some reason sometimes it stops. Generally when im sitting up straight and STILL. Earlier Christine asked and it was doing really good, then in 30 min i filled the gauze and bandage! damn it.

I think its a hematoma like the nurse said emptying, because it is a rustic color..

I am waiting for an email from baggs, and i left a message with kaiser.. We will see if they ever get back to me. They must think this is a normal side effect.. its just very very scary! I cant wait for the wound to just heal and close, and be good to go.

How is everyond doing!?!?!

Dr Baggs just got back to me, he said if im loosing 3-6tsp a day hes less concerned.. ok have u spilled 6 tsp of lemon juice on a gauze thats a freakin lot of blood!!! I dont get how we can measure how much we loose when we constantly change bandages. He said he would see me since im changing bandages a lot.. but i dont want to waiste his time.. or mine driving 3 hrs to there. So.. i emailed him telling him just how often i was changing the bandages etc. Because i know hes seen this before..

Poor drs they have to deal probably all day long with emails just like mine...

Nicole, keep on them! They will not be there over the weekend so if you need to be seen, you need to go this afternoon. Call Liz if need be, let her nag him & then you won't have to feel bad about it. Dr. Baggs told me today that they dig out a little place for the port before they stich it in, and the blood & fluids fill in that "hole" & make it stick out & be uncomfortable under your ribs. . . . . . after a few weeks, you body re-absorbs those fluids and you get flat again in the port area. In your case, it sounds like the fluids are just coming out!

So my fill - YAY! It's SO cool. You lie down, he looks at all your scars and tells you how great they look, cleans the port area (his nurse started using iodine on me - I'm allergic - & they stopped and got that off of me and cleaned it with something else) - then he give you a little shot of local (just a little pinch - REALLY), then he puts the big needle in, which I did not feel AT ALL. He draws all the liquid out - they have to make sure you don't have a leak - then puts it all back in + 1 cc (for me anyway). I FELT THAT! SO cool. It was the first time I ever felt my band! Then, while he still has the needle in there, you drink a couple of sips of Water through a straw to make sure that you are not too blocked. If you can swallow, you are done! You sit up and get a little band-aid. That's all there was to it! Clear Liquids only for 24 hours. Your little tummy must revolt and swell a little, because I can feel it when I drink water now. Cool!

I had 2 cc's in my band at surgery, so now with this fill I have 3 cc's. I have not been getting full since the beginning of April, so I hope this helps. He said I might not feel restriction with this one, but that I would after the next one - which is schduled for May 22nd. I hope I feel it now! I am sure hungry right now, and can only have clear liquids. That sucks, but it'll jump start my weight loss again.

Even though I am unhappy about gaining 3 lbs back, he was thrilled with my weight loss so I feel motivated again. Yay!