Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Okay, okay I will not be having anymore chicken wings!

I don't want Jes and Candra coming for me!

When can I expect this darn port to stop hurting. I look to be about 7 months pregnant. I can't wait for the swelling to go down.

I did shower last night. It was wonderful. I could not stand myself. I just let the warm Water wash over the insicions. Noting happened to the glue.

I am not even hungary today. I did have approx. 16oz of chicken broth today and I'm sipping on some caffiene free peach tea. I feel some bowel activity. TMI, but.... how soon did you all have a bowel movement. I think mine will be liquid....I hear some churrning!!! :unsure:

Took a few days for me to go to the bathroom..........TMI but you asked.

The port will hurt for awhile. Mine was still swollen at 6 weeks. But eventually it goes down and the pain fades out. I can still feel the port but it doesn't bug me unless I move wrong than it sorta hurts until I move again.....but even though I thought it would never stop hurting ......one day I just realized it doesn't bother me anymore..............

Thanks! Because the port has me hostage!!!!

Monique I hope you feel better soon..from the others this will be the worst week than it's not to bad.

Candra- let me tell you I am already freaking out!! but I keep telling myself I'm not chickening out!!!

Good Thurs evenin lovely ladies & John!

Am finally home, and resting up from Florida. Hello to all the new pre-op and post bandsters...(congrats MoniqueD!)

How is everyone? Just had some strained chicken Herb Soup after a good nap, found that I am tight after a long nap, hehe. I have been keeping caught up with the reading and am so encouraged by how everyone comes here, shares their heart and real life stories, and how handling them!

I believe I left my mom at a good time, (although I was the red faced crying woman on the plane) and was well greeted at the airport with my 3 guys holding signs and open arms!

So good to be home in my own bed, shower, computer!

Looking so forward to seeing, hugging and laughing with everyone on Sat, even meeting our newest already joined in over a month band buddies! Candra and Jes, o my gosh, are y'use at goal yet? lol Ready to catch up with everyone also. lunch afterwards? I am soooo there! :unsure:

Monique, girl do you even have your binder? I think you may have been a little early on that shower LOL. and 16 oz of broth? good lawd!! where did you put it?

Candra I like the idea of not eating the salad i.e. chicken, egg... that make so much sense to me. I'm gonna try and get some lunch meat this weekend for next weeks lunch.

I don't know about regular salads... I think the lettuce doesn't agree with me. And i think I'm feeling my band but only in the late afternoon/evening. It feels tight like between my chest and throat. I don't know if it's the lettuce. It's a weird feeling. Did/do any of you vets feel that?

Riley, girl that person is a jerk if he holds onto the job for $12 f'ing $$. If you don't use Candra's people I know a few too LOL. Well, I hope you have a wonderful b-day party don't get too wasted...it's a marathon not a race :unsure: (what I tell my kids)

Good Thurs evenin lovely ladies & John!

Am finally home, and resting up from Florida. Hello to all the new pre-op and post bandsters...(congrats MoniqueD!)

How is everyone? Just had some strained chicken Herb Soup after a good nap, found that I am tight after a long nap, hehe. I have been keeping caught up with the reading and am so encouraged by how everyone comes here, shares their heart and real life stories, and how handling them!

I believe I left my mom at a good time, (although I was the red faced crying woman on the plane) and was well greeted at the airport with my 3 guys holding signs and open arms!

So good to be home in my own bed, shower, computer!

Looking so forward to seeing, hugging and laughing with everyone on Sat, even meeting our newest already joined in over a month band buddies! Candra and Jes, o my gosh, are y'use at goal yet? lol Ready to catch up with everyone also. lunch afterwards? I am soooo there! :unsure:

Welcome home Donna!!! u were missed. Now that the den mother is back we have to behave...hehe

Hi Jes-Yes, I do have my binder and knew that the reccomended day to shower was 2 days. However, I searched and asked a few on here about that and everyone said it would be okay if you didn't scrub and just let the Water rinse over the incisions. I also did the reverse turn and let the direct flow of the water hit my back. I was very careful.

Regarding the 16oz. That was the total for the morning. I have no idea where it is going. I told you I was a bit hungary and have no problem drinking liquids. LOL! Makes me think there is no band. Just his awful soreness and port.... I know something is happening because I truly have not been hungary today. I just had 2oz of Jello and I'm satisfied and finished for the night. Several people said they did not restrict their liquid intake while on Stage 1. How much are you up to and what are you eating???

I called Robin today to see if I am to move on to Stage II tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day 3, post-op. I am so ready for some grits. She was doing her afternoon calls and was not available. I had to leave her a voicemail messege. When did you start Stage II???

Do I still have to wait for her to move me on??? I know you have to between StageII and Stage III.

Monique, you can move to stage 2 tomorrow. I tried grits because they sounded so good but it felt like they got stuck in my throat. so be sure to use extra Water. and maybe some butter to make them taste good LOL. Also, by the 3rd day you should be doing 64 oz water if you can so go for it. It was hard for me to get it all in. I'm barley getting it in now as a matter of fact.

I'm almost 6 weeks so I can eat anything and everything. I have to watch myself so I don't go over board.

The port soreness will go away slowly...mine still is sore, it feel like it's pulling on my muscles.

I think the main thing is try to stick to the program now cuz once you start eating food you will stop loosing for a while. That happend to me.

Hey all, Just had a nice talk with Donna - thanks for calling!!

Monique - you are just a little disobedient thing aren't you LOL. Keep in mind that the other people on this bord don't have Kaiser - some have had the single incision surgery so they can shower earlier. Tomorrow is fine to move on to full liquids - Robin won't call you for that. You don't need her anyway. I was told that 64oz of Water a day isn't necessary so just do what you can and you don't have to restrict your liquid intake.

Now, your 3rd week is a different story - it was at that time that I started want to EAT hahaha. I am 6 weeks out and my port doesn't hurt so much anymore - just when I sit up too long and my heavy upper body sits on it too long grr. Also, I'm short too so my rib cage hits it alot and then it's annoying but as far as it just being painful, I don't notice it as much anymore. I think it was about week 4 that i was good to go with that darn port.

It's all down hill from here~!

Hello my beautiful ladies (and John of course!), Donna I am so glad that you are home at last! Now the girls have to behave, yes yes yes. I am feeling much better now that I am exercising again, jeepers you guys! I think I am having hormonal issues, to get so depressed and much on SO much junk and gain a bunch of weight for 2-3 weeks, then suddenly get better & slowly lose it again? Its weird. But hey! I stopped re-gaining! I am glad I didn;t change my ticker cause its gonna be right again a a couple of days.

Believe it or not I am going to bed! Been up since 4:30 and can hardly keep my eyes open. Doing it again tomorrow! I walked 8 miles today too. I need balance but first I have to get my mood on an even keel!

Goodnight you all :unsure:

Ooh, Jes - I've been having the worst cravings these last couple days - the worst part is I've given in to them the last two nights. NO MORE! I had doritos tonight and let me tell you it was like heaven - I haven't had chips in almost a year and they've been sitting in my kitchen for 3 weeks & I haven't given them a second thought but all of a sudden I can NOT resist them!!!