Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok, Pammie - you twisted my arm - home scale it is! I can't believe your band is "FULL" as it can get. I would ask for a do over because that means the band they gave you is too big for you LOL

Monique - please no more solid food till your swelling and healing moves a little further along. Also, keep in mind you have stiches in there - didn't you say you had a hernia too?? I don't want you to rupture anything!! I stick to sugar free for two reasons.... 1. because I don't need the extra calories. 2. Because I do low/no carb. I think I was the only one to gain weight on the 1200 cal diet - Doc Fisher told me to dump the carbs - as soon as I did that, the weight started coming off. To drop the pounds you need to lay off the sugar.

The Doc and I had a nice conversation about the people who eat whatever they want and don't gain weight. He said that is a trick statement because those people don't want to eat sugar and high calorie foods. Like men - they want to eat meat - you won't gain weight on just meat. I want to eat bread - I will gain weight on bread LOL

hi everyone..sorry havent been around. Ive been so busy with my brothers party.

Candra- My bros wife decided to purchase a cake from Belair, I love your cakes. Anyway It took me 45min to read 6 days of posting.

Monique congrats..you will do great. Candra and Jess just experienced everything you are. I am getting my surgry on Nov 23 about a month away.

I cant wait for Saturday's meeting.

Woo Hoo! Go Maria! Glad you guys got the cake situated since I'm not speaking to my stepdaughter since she blew up the last car I got her! So, 11/23 you will rock it! STAY UNDER GOAL WEIGHT! I started slacking once I got my date thinking I was in the clear - good thing I had only gained back 3lbs - 4 more and I wouldn't have been banded LOL.. Getting the date is such a relief but at the same time, nerve racking. All I can say is that I hope you don't worry unnecessarily like I did. Take it from all of us - It's a piece of cake... Right Monique??? Jewel???

See you Saturday :thumbup:

Candra don't be to jealous my head hunger is playing mind games with me. I really need to stick to liquids nothing is staying down.............I tried again today to eat and it came back up. I need to go several days without a PB.........at this rate with my head hunger I am not winning the battle. I want to eat something not drink something.

MOnica the port will hurt for awhile but it gets better. I also slept in a recliner for about 2 weeks........I was mostly just really tired and sore for almost a month. Now I feel fine.........Of course I am six months out now. But by 6-8 weeks I was totally back to normal.......not just getting fills and losing slowly.

I really, don't think a fill is a good idea. I am thinking 5.5ccs is it for me...............I think I am done. I am 202 this morning so two more pounds and I am under 200.......

I keep telling myself that at 198 they band will loosen up so that is my goal...........hopefully the liquids don't mess with my metabolism!! So far it is helping though......

Me and this crazy band........

Oh they announced the layoffs at work this morning.....42 more CPS workers will be laid off the end of this week. So that is 250 something CPS workers gone in less than a month.............

I think I am ok this round to but another new position and moving to another office is likely............

Just waiting to see how it goes. I will likely be laid off in January or February though........sending out resumes and keep checking the hospital for jobs............

Goverment work is a bit unstable right now?? NO??

Monique, step away from the chicken wings, I'm a wing girl myself and I didn't have one of those until 2 weeks out. :thumbup: which was too soon so you have a ways to go. Don't make me have to drive out to Pittsburgh cuz I know where it its LOL Only broth, Jello (SUGAR FREE), and popsicles (SUGAR FREE). You will have plenty of time for the other stuff. We are just setting the ground work now. Friday you can have cream Soups. Take it slow. Oh and go ahead and just keep sipping your Water. That may be why you are hungry. I know when I think about food I sip, so try that. You should be up to 40 oz now.

Candra, use the home scale, deal with Kaisers only when necessary :crying: In fact I'm changing my ticker too. My scale says I've lost 3 more lbs this week woo hoo!

Poor Tina - you seem to keep geeting the short end of the stick - having a rough time of it but look on the bright side - 2lbs to ONEderland! It's a crazy thing to see the scale show 1** I was like what? Where's the 2??? The next two I want to see is in second position 12_lbs Hahah - don't think I'll ever get that low!!

Go Jes! You gotta slow down though or I'll never catch up to you. The Doc tried to tell me today that "it's ok to be hungry" I was like.... "Says who?" So today I'm just gonna be hungry LOL.

Hey Girls............not sure if I am getting the short end of the stick since I won't be on the layoff list this time. But still hard to settle into a job when I know I could get moved again. If not now than in January............was told today they might start hiring Americorp volunteers with only a high school education for CPS..........that is the new thing the board is discussing. Not requiring a degree to work at CPS to save on costs............

Yep two pounds away and really excited about that. Not sure I want a fill but I think I will keep the appointment and see what Dr. Baggs thinks. I have tons of sick time I might want to use!! If I find another job I will lose it so.................sure why not take a trip to the Bay area it will be a nice break!! :-)

yea Tina, that what a lot of companies are doing getting rid of the "over qualified" to hire under qualified....it's terrible. I think public service is too much of an unsure thing Private is the way to go if possible. I'd try to hang on but keep your eye out for something else. It will probably take months for something to turn up.

Wow I can't believe how tired I am. I'm trying to watch my criminal minds but I may be going to bed here soon. I promised I come in at 7am tomorrow, meaning I need to leave home by 6. ugh!!

Yep sticking it out until I find something or get a pink slip. I need the unemployment to survive and I can't get that without a pink slip. So they will have to give me one to get rid of me. They are also hoping that some people will retire.......

I am watching several job sites and will jump if I find anything. I check them daily.....but also looking for something outside my normal job description..........I think the medical field might be a good choice.

I am headed to bed so tired.........ZZZZZZZZZ :-)

Oh they announced the layoffs at work this morning.....42 more CPS workers will be laid off the end of this week. So that is 250 something CPS workers gone in less than a month.............

I think I am ok this round to but another new position and moving to another office is likely............

Just waiting to see how it goes. I will likely be laid off in January or February though........sending out resumes and keep checking the hospital for jobs............

Goverment work is a bit unstable right now?? NO??

Tina, me too - we got word yesterday. Could be as few as 5 people, could be as many as 30 people. I am number 5. Supposed to happen in Jan - Feb. We do have 1 lady who is retiring in March - but not from my division - and 1 guy from my division who is retiring in June, so if either one of them will move their damned retirement dates up, my position might be saved! I mean, for the guy who NEEDS to retire out of my division, staying until June when he plans to retire makes a whopping $12 a month difference in his retirement income, while laying me off! - single mom with 3 kids (OK only 2 are at home), 1 of which has chronic medical conditions??? I will pay him the damned $12 a month for the rest of his $&**& life if he would just f-ing leave and save my job! He just laughs at me, yeah like it's so F-ing funny.

I started a new Kaiser class last night, Overcoming Emotional Eating. Taugh by the same MFC that taught my stop smoking class in 2005 (successfully!) and my 14-week pre-surgery class. She is wonderful! The class is already helping - just sitting in that chair every week and being accountable to a new set of people is very motivating. I have already lost back 4 of the 7 that I had gained, so am motivated again. I made myself get up at 4:30 this morning and get the the gym for a very sweaty workout, because not exercising sends me into a depression and then it's just a viscous cycle. Oh and there were like 6 people in this class that have had surgery (all RNY but me) and are starting to re-gain, we all get that it's our HEADS doing the eating! I mean, I am not physically hungry 80% of the time that I start eating. So why am I doing it? I have to keep logs all day for the next 3 days - not doing it on Saturday cause we are going bowling for my birthday and I am NOT writing down what I eat from the cafe there, OR what I drink from the bar!!!

Anyhow, congrats Monique everybody take care of yourselves - no internet at home right now and too busy at work, so I don't get on here much but I miss you all!!

Good Morning All,

The night was uneventful. I slept a tiny bit better. I am getting used to sleeping on my side and even slept on my back for a while. It still remains very painful to turn over and get out of the bed. I may try the recliner for my naps today.

Candra, do you know where Concord, Martinez, or Antioch is??? Pittsburg is near there. Where are you??? Why? Are you coming over??? LOL

Hope all are well............

So sorry Riley I know, I know..............and I could use the emotional eating class :-) I will have to look into that!!

So Sorry, Riley - I may know wome people who know people who could possibly speed along homeboys retirement LOL. Seriously, I can't believe you've talked to hiim about it and he's laughing! How is your son feeling?

So how do I find this emotional eating class? I sure could use it right about now - these next 6 weeks are gonna be hell!

Monique - I know where concord is... I'm in Vallejo. You keep snackin on those wings and you best be believe I will find Pittsburg!

I am so sick and tired of these damn headaches! I just want to scream my head off but that makes it hurt more.

I have decided no more egg "salad", chicken "salad" or tuna "salad" I've realized that because I have so little in my band it slides right thru was too easily so i have to find another form of food that works. Today I had cheese & deli meat for brunch and it is sitting quite well. I am still full and it's been about an hour & a half. So no moist foods just yet.