Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey April, of all that you said I would just like to concentrate on the 8 pounds to go - woo flippin hoo! Good for you

disclaimer: your health is more important!

I know and that will be # 1 but it is sooo nice to be losing weight again! I told you how very sad I was at that 7 month plataeu....but now my spirits are lifted....when I weighed last night I was down 14 lbs and it had only been 13 days since my last fill!!!!! How exciting is that.

I can't wait to go to my mom's tonight when I take care of the dogs, cause I am going to see what the scale tells me tonight!

On another note who is going on the walk...I think I might have work off that day and I would really really like to try it out...not sure how well I can do but I am willing to try! Does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like that day?

goodness, I can't remember the info on the walk - lemme go back and find it and I will let you know what I think about the weather and if i can make it. I'm usually always free so it shoudn't be a problem.

Again, so happy for you that you are losing weight again and even more excited that your spirits are lifted. I do recall you saying how upset you were about that plateau and it was a long time!!

April - have you talked to your nutritionist since your fill? I would give him/her a call and run your food log by him/her - although you are losing about a pound a day, it doesn't sound like a healthy way to go about it - from my own experience, once you go back to eating per the plan, some of that weight will come back on. I just don't want you to do damage to your body. Now, I will shut up and leave you alone. I don't am not trying to be mean with any of this, just concerned.

Pammie - I don't think I thanked you for calling me Sunday night ! I had gotten your message in the morning before I left for the hospital and it was really great to hear - just thought about that so THANK YOU!

Welcome Canolie, Congrats Tamra, and hello ladies!

Canolie, we are all around/in Sac, however, we have a support group at POINT WEST, next Sat @ 11:00! Pls make it if you can, several of us go, great Pre-op/Post w/ Bypass AND Banders, we separate for the last hour, and then usually go have lunch! (Soup for newbandies!)

April, so glad u are losing again, but keep things in balance, and run by how with Doc! Someday we will have to do appts together, would be a cool ride to SSF!

For all who are interested...the 10/10/09 walk, the link is just below, before my ticker. Going to make team tomorrow...going with the name... Band O' Buddies! Does that sound cool?

Edited by roseyyyd1

:thumbup:I will totally make it!! I would love to listen and get any information. You gals are all so nice!!!

Hey Ladies

I did get re assigned today :-( I wanted to stay with my deparment but that didn't work out. I am going to Emergency response and will be working with Pos-tox babies. Drug babies!! A good place to go if I have to go..........if the budget changes next week I will go back to my Department..........only bad thing is that my office is in Rancho Cordova and I live in Roseville..........

We will see what happens next week with the budget but sounds like this is where I am staying. I don't expect much money to come back to the Department.......

I can eat to much too. On a serious plateua since I got my unfill 6 weeks ago...........going for a fill this week!!

Hi Tina! What a gift you will be to those babies, if that is where u are going! I have always wanted to volunteer to rock and comfort them, they are so innocent in such a sad way to enter the world! Are you breathing easier now? What is up for the weekend?

Tina, so glad you still have a job! See you're too valuable to lose :)

Canolie - you have seen our pics so be sure to look for us at the meeting and introduce yourself! I'll be the one wearing the new lap band :(

April - have you talked to your nutritionist since your fill? I would give him/her a call and run your food log by him/her - although you are losing about a pound a day, it doesn't sound like a healthy way to go about it - from my own experience, once you go back to eating per the plan, some of that weight will come back on. I just don't want you to do damage to your body. Now, I will shut up and leave you alone. I don't am not trying to be mean with any of this, just concerned.

Actually I spoke to the nutritionist the same day as my fill. She agrees that as long as I am getting in my 50+ grams of Protein in a day that I am doing okay. Now don't get me wrong that I would like to eat more but I am just not hungry. I feel like I do the 2 or 3 days after a fill when you feel a little extra tight from the swelling.

I appreciate everyone's concern, it really does make me feel good and I don't take offense to it at all!!!

I am making sure to get at least 2 Protein Shots in a day and that is 50 grams right there. And on some days I can even eat a couple of ounces of meat. I am just taking it slow like I did when I first got the band.....and it seems to be working. But if i am still this snug in a couple of weeks I will go in and have .1 or.2 cc's taken out since he only put in .3, I think that will be ok.

goodness, I can't remember the info on the walk - lemme go back and find it and I will let you know what I think about the weather and if i can make it. I'm usually always free so it shoudn't be a problem.

Again, so happy for you that you are losing weight again and even more excited that your spirits are lifted. I do recall you saying how upset you were about that plateau and it was a long time!!

Sounds good I would love to see you there!!! We can go have Soup after wards or something!!! Then that night I am going to Oakland for a Gospel Concert/Competition type things...it's called "How Sweet the Sound" and it's put on by Verizon.

Welcome Canolie, Congrats Tamra, and hello ladies!

Canolie, we are all around/in Sac, however, we have a support group at POINT WEST, next Sat @ 11:00! Pls make it if you can, several of us go, great Pre-op/Post w/ Bypass AND Banders, we separate for the last hour, and then usually go have lunch! (Soup for newbandies!)

April, so glad u are losing again, but keep thinks in balance, and run by how with Doc! Someday we will have to do appts together, would be a cool ride!

For all who are interested...the 10/10/09 walk, the link is just below, before my ticker. Going to make team tomorrow...going with the name... Band O' Buddies! Does that sound cool?

That sounds like fun.... I would love to have another adult to talk to on that long boring drive!!!

By the way do we have to sign up on the walking site or do we do it through you if we decide to go?

Hey Ladies

I did get re assigned today :-( I wanted to stay with my deparment but that didn't work out. I am going to Emergency response and will be working with Pos-tox babies. Drug babies!! A good place to go if I have to go..........if the budget changes next week I will go back to my Department..........only bad thing is that my office is in Rancho Cordova and I live in Roseville..........

We will see what happens next week with the budget but sounds like this is where I am staying. I don't expect much money to come back to the Department.......

Tina -

I am so happy for you. I t is a relief to know that you still have a job and such an important one at that!:(

I am relieved tonight!! I might even get a re assignment back to an office closer to my house! ER has two offices one a block from my house........so eventually I am gonna try to stay in the same unit but get a tranfer to the North area!! It is all good..........:-) This is a really good assignment :-)

Now just hoping no layoffs in January cause than I WILL be gone..............not gonna worry until after the new year my mind needs a break..........

Just knowing is better than not knowing!! At least I know where I end up ...........

Next week I am in training MON-WED and than pinole on the 24th..........Friday pink slip party to say good bye to my co workers.......how crazy is that?? Your suppose to where pink ............I think it is sorta weird to have a party. So basically an easy week before I have to get retrained and on to a new job.........

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hello ladies...

So i worked out:D Youd all be so proud:D I am. lol. Cookies really can encourage:D lol

So i did the tready for 30 set it at the variation so i was walking at 3.0 running at 5.6 then when that was done if i wasn't sweaty enough i inclined to 15 and put it at 2.5 then up to 3.5 yeah that didnt last long lol back to 2.5.. did that for 5 min then weights.

April congrats on the weight loss! That is great:D

Canolie, i dont think the point west is orientation.. They have started a new step.. a like information seminar.. after that they go onto the orientation in richmond... and then the rest. I dont know if id schedule with the Nut and psych your dr refered you too cause they have to be the bariatric team.. I think tamra? and someone else had to go thru the new steps..

For me i had surgery 4 months after orientation but i was at goal weight within 4 weeks. Could have had surgery 3 months, but i had a vegas vacation planned:D A lot of us were all under 4 months for surgery:) It is fast..:(