Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I should change mine to.....I am stuck at 208 again. I am hoping it is TOM that made me gain but I gotta blame the spaghetti factory and olive garden this weekend for some of it!! LOL. I hope I lose it in a few days and go back to 204

Reggie I also get Migraines but serious this light headed thing is a pain. I think my hormones are seriously out of whack though!! TOM has been very different after surgery.........more intense.

Oh so I guess the county is gonna give CPS 3 million of the 9 million back.......voting tomorrow.

That MIGHT save my job. Waiting to find out. I am hoping.......

Hey everyone, been busy doing laundry, I keep coming up with stuff to do. I think it's just nervous energy.

I hear you guys on the weight staying the same. I've been this same weight off and on ever since I hit my goal. I can't wait til I can start loosing. :>)

Chris I'm looking at the baby ticker thinking I can't believe how time flies...8 weeks already. It will be December before you know it.

We still have our fingers crossed for you Tina.

Reggie, girl stick around i'm noticing that everyone goes through the same stuff so I need you to stick around so I can hear it.

Ok maybe I better go to bed, lots of last minute running around tomorrow. Im so glad Im off work.

nite all.

Candra....so glad to see that you made it on here for a few minutes today to say hi and give an update! You take care of yourself! Glad to hear that they took care of the hernia too! At least you won't have to deal with that later on.

As far as being too tight....I feel I might be close to being too tight but I am managing to drink (very slowly) 2 - 2.5 bottles of Water a day plus 1-2 'Protein Shots' Then I can usually eat at least once a day something small...ie. today's lunch 1/2 c of Homemade Onion Soup; a little bit came back up when I tried to eat more than the 1/3 c. So for dinner I had some hot tea and then later had a Protein shot.

Not hungry...I think it will loosen up a little when I am off of my "TOM" completely this week. Then I should be able to get my Greek yogurt down in the early afternoon and at least one more meal on top of that. I really don't want to take any Fluid out right now since I am finally losing weight again....Down approx 10 lbs in 10 days!!!! :blink:

We'll see what happens over the next few days but my guess is that I will be just fine!

Take care ladies!!!

Good Morning all -

I sent Dr. Im an e-mail last night to see if I could go to Vacaville on Thursday when Dr. Baggs is there and get a small unfill. I ate 1/8 cup of sweet and sour chicken last night for dinner and it came back up. Finally at 8:30 pm I went to the store to get some ice cream - I was feeling light headed as nothing had stayed down all day. I had to let the ice cream melt as it was giving me problems - I think I am swollen from pbing.

I am sipping a Protein Drink right now. I drank some Water in the car as I left my house and had to pull over a few minutes later and the water came back up. I think I drank it too fast and too much. I am now willing to go to Richmond even this morning if I can. I am gurgling and all I have had is liquid today. I started to have a panic attack in the car. Not sure how long I am going to be at work today.

I was 208 today on the scale and 207 yesterday - how the heck did I gain a pound eating nothing?

Ah Pam you need to get some Fluid out!! I totally get the panic attack!! I got that way to when Water wouldn't stay down. I started to panic it scared me............I think if you can relax a bit than you can get the Water down again..............I know for me panicing about it made the band tighten more..............

Ah Pam so sorry but yes get an unfill as soon as you can!!

And I gained when I was to tight too.................I think cause I was eating ice cream and frozen yogurt and Soup to survive.............

Good morning all -

so, today I feel like I just went a couple rounds with Layla (sp) Ali - took one too many body shots!

Yesterday went by so quickly - I was the first one in the pre op room for a little bit - got to sit in this nice comfy recliner chair - would love one for the house - anyway, I had Ayesha for pre op - she was so adorable and sweet - very soft spoken with the cutest accent. She gave me a play by play fo EVERYTHING she was doing. Love her. I got a short chunky nurse named vincent or victor for my or nurse and I can't remember the anesthesiologist (sp?) name - tall & blonde - very sweet! Dr. Im was assisting surgeon however I didn't meet or see him/her at all. I promised them I'd look much better naked when I came back for my TT. Get this... I WALKED into the O.R. - never done that before, usually wheeled in. It was Freezing! First thing I saw was the bed with the arms stretched out and I said I feel like "dead man walking" it looks like the lethal injection bed LOL. I didn't look around for any surgical tools or anything just looked straight up at the lights and asked if anybody every got up and walked out - they said not for the lap band. The anesthesia lady put a shot in my tube that stung, then another one and the next thing I remeber is her saying "Candra, wake up" I said "ok". and I was up. I had Bonnie for my recovery nurse - she let me go al fresco! loved her. she aksed me how my pain was and I said "what pain" cuz I didn't feel anything. I asked her if she had given me any pain meds and she said no. When I was trying to get dressed to leave I couldn't bend over to put on my panties and she said "you don't need those" hehehe. I was home by 1:00. My husband got a little teary when I got up to walk into the OR. I felt bad that he was nurvous. I wasn't nurvous at all.

So, jes, my suggestion is to wear a lose fitting dress - so easy and no bending over required! I can bring you the one I wore if you want it. Also, I didn't need the pillow I brought at all but... ? Bring it just in case - also, get some gas-x strips - I don't know if i was just lucky or if they really worked cuz I don't really feel any gas pain - I liitle sore in the decalatage (sp) area - the base of my neck - when I take a deep breath and they said that was the gas but... nothing to write home about. I took the MOM and went to Wally - about 2 hourse after I took it it kicked in - I had to park the cart and hit the potty - not too bad thought I was fine for another hour after that.

The first time I took any vicodin was at 3:30 this morning and that was just because i slept so much yesterday that I couldn't go back to sleep - so I took it to sleep. I don't think I have any Fluid in my band. I don't feel it at all, can drink just like i did before - I'm so very thirsty.

My poor kitty just wants to play.

Oh, when we first bought this house I got a brand new toilet - it's my thing - when we were renting before I'd always get a brand new toilet seet and have my husband put it on before we moved any of our stuff in... call me monk - anyway this time I got to actually change the whole toilet - exciting - My husband and step daughter are both 6' and my stepdaugther has a pin in her hip & her let is pointed outwards so I decided to get the handicapped toilet - it's taller! i'm so very thankful for that now LOL It's easy to get on and off of it - i don't have to use any stomech mussles.

Ok, so I know I got a lot of reading and catching up to do so I'm gonna start that now!

Hey Candra!! Glad it went so well.......yep weird walking down the hall to your surgery!!

Sounds like you didn't do anything to extreme and lucky you no pain!! I was hurting in recovery!!

LOL. YOur right bending was a problem in post op!! LOL. That is why I almost pulled down the curtains back there!! No one told me I didn't need panties so I got them on but almost took the curtains down with me.......

I would love to know the surgeon that was in my surgery helping Dr. Baggs............

You're a tough cookie Candra. Glad it went well. Dr. Im was my surgeon - he is a guy. Don't overdo it even if you feel fine - it will come back to kick you.

I was able get and keep my Protein drink down. Dr. Im e-mailed me about an hour ago and said since I can keep Fluid down it is not an emergency - he is operating this morning, but will get me an appointment in Vacaville or Richmond. He did remind me that once I get the .5 cc removed - we know that 7 cc is the max for me. I e-mailed him back and asked for an appt in Vacaville even if it is with another surgeon as I am short on funds and need to save gas.

Yes, I think the panic attack made it worse Tina. Once I got to my desk and did some breathing I felt better. I thought I was going to pass out in the car. I still don't get that I gained a pound since yesterday morning when all I kept down yesterday was 1 cup of ice cream and that was at 9 pm last night - maybe it is from swelling?

Tina - Robin or Dr. Baggs can look it up in the computer and tell you who was attending physician - that's how I found out Dr. Baggs was the attending physician with Dr. Im. I don't know if they actually help out or if they are there just in case.

Candra-so glad to hear everything went so well. You have such a positive and wonderful attitude and personality that I can't wait to meet you. Take care... ttly

Good morning ladies! Candra you're a true-per!!!!! I was like that too - OK I';m done, I got my band now let me up! I did not start losing my surgery weight for 5 days tho, stay off that scale! But once you start, you'll drop like a ROCK!!

Ain't it weird just SO not being interested in food? ?

Jes I hope your hairdresser has some room spray in their bathroom, you're gonna need it! MOM actually takes longer to work for me, unless I have something "ready" . .

Headed out for my walk! Ta!

Hopefully some news on the job today............

I am going in to see my PCP today!! I need to find out why I keep getting so light headed all the time. ALso gonna have them run my blood tests just in case I lose my Kaiser. I am at six months out now so I don't think the blood tests would hurt!!

I am also gonna go back in and see my psychatrist. All this stress and anxiety is to much right now. It is making me feel crazy. I am gonna see about doing the anti anxiety meds for awhile until things calm down at work. I can't be this stressed all the time no good for the health. My doctor retired so I am waiting to hear back and see who I get assigned to now..............sad I really like him!!

So trying to get on top of everything today.......

Orthodontist this afternoon and dentest tomorrow!! Trying to get it all done just in case I lose my benefits.

That's good thinking Tina . . I need a crapload of dental done, I should get it in case I lose bennies because even if we get to keep Kaiser under the 35% cobra, that does not apply to dental . . but with the extra $800 coming out for health care for my family, I cannot afford ANY copay for dental!

Ugh work calls, type to yall in a bit . . .

Finally all caught up - thanks for all your suppport and concern.

Pammie, got your message but thought calling you back at 6:00 on my way to the hospital woulda been too early - sorry you're so tight! Hope you hit your sweet spot soon.

Jes, love the dress girlfriend - my father would've said you look like a hooker and that woulda been the best compliment you could ever get from him - he had a thing for hookers LOL.

Maria - how did your appt with liz go? she's a great lady.

Reggie, my cinderella - so glad to see you back. you've come way way way too far so stay on track ! I want to see you on here more!!!!

Riley - I can't wait to want to exercise haha. It is a strange feeling not to want to eat - I've never really been hungry but ALWAYS wanted to eat but not now... I hope it lasts for a while.

Nicole - the dress looks so good! How long till I get down to a 12??? I like the whole make over idea - we should find a beauty college and get updo's and make up & manni peddi's - It's lilke 5 bucks per treatment - the whold day could cost only $25.00 - I think it would be so fun. Then we could all go to dinner or something.

Tina - so good to hear you may get to keep your job! All this stress must take it's toll

Tamra - you go girl! I just don't know how you and heather do it - how you get the weight off so quickly! I like that we have "teams" It so helps to have somebody at your same place with you.

Maria, Tamra & Heather .... All up next!

Analynn - RNY or Band either way we are here for you - this is a SUPPORT group and either way you need support. Please do your research and be sure you know what's what!

Christine - I can't believe how time flies - you'll know the sex of the baby next month? did I read that right??

Donna - how was subbing yesterday? I don't think I aksed when I talked to you - sorry - may have been a little self-centered hahahaha

John, where are you homeboy? It would be great if you came to the group - we mostly just socialize LOL. The leader - usually Angel but sometimes Donna - will talk a littlle about a topic then we split into groups via type of surgery - band or RNY. If you haven't had surgery yet you can float back and fourth to gather info for "research" if you want. everybody is very nice and willing to answer questions. the best part is us bandsters go have lunch afterwards! Join us!! It's just so nice having people around who get it! who understand what you'r going thru - band, sleeve or rny - it's all the same in the end!

Time to do another lap!