Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

How are you feeling today Tina? Did they freak out at the Subway? I just checked my labs I did yesterday and everything looks fine - my creotine? was low but not sure what that means. My kids are walking to the library for a couple of hours and I am starting my normal weekend stuff - laundry, dishwasher. I ate a couple of bites of teriyaki chicken for dinner and too much sticky rice with teriyaki sauce on it. Oddly I didn't have any problems eating the rice. I am going to drink tons of Water today as I know it was way too much sodium. Woke up with a headache again.

Hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend.

Just stopping to say hello; been off the diet for about a week now, not sure what I have gained back and I feel horrible...sluggish, lazy, heavy...its horrible.

I am going shopping for all my 1200 cal food again to re-start. I find when I dont have the food, is when I mess up really bad.

Also, my mom called with a wonderful lapband story from a friend whos son is sick and of course is going to die from the surgery and to her its a sign for me not to do it.

Tamra I get messed up too if I don't have my food around....LOL.

Hey Ladies I just got off the phone with Dr. BAggs . HOw crazy is that he called on a saturday. Was nice cause I got to talk to him a bit about why I did the band and told him my PCP was not to hot on the band.......he laughed and asked what she thought now?? He said she has been making referrals to him lately. I was also telling him my PCP saying they would be doing fills out here in Sacramento as some point and he said he didn' t know anything about that but he was willing to be part of it if it was true. I am gonna find our more. Didn't someone say Folsom was starting bariatrics? I told him that but he said he didn't know anything about it. He said he wants to be involved in anything in the area since he wants to be where his patients are!! He said if I find anything out to let him know because he wants to be involved. I guess he does trainings out here in Roseville area with the PCP's so he knows the area. ANyway nice to chat a bit when he is not in a hurry.

Oh here is the reason he called. I told him that we would have people that would write or call Kaiser Vacaville to help push Richmond being allowed to use the facilities for bariatric purposes, including fills. He said they are somewhat reluctant and any help or encouragment from patients about us wanting to come to Vacaville would help.

I have the names and am working on getting phone numbers or email addresses to match them. I think we need to flood vacaville with emails or calls.

Once I get the contact information I will call you all. I am not sure I should post it online......or I will private message you guys.

Who was the one who talked about Folsom?? La Chica. I need to do some research and find out if that is true. Would be nice to have fills here in town. I get the idea that Dr. Baggs would like to be involved in stuff closer to the sacramento area............I told him that even if they do fills in Sacramento I will still come to Richmond or Pinole unless he comes to Sacramento.........cause he knows what he is doing!! He laughed........

I told him that I when I got ready for surgery I was 100% ready did all the research for six months before........LOL. He said I know you were 100% ready........it was obvious!!

Good cool Saturday morn lovely ladies!

Ahhh, windows open, is this Sept or what? Grew up in NY, so a cool fall weather is so nice to enjoy! Can't believe I used to jump in the big pile of leaves w all the bugs, lol.

Go Jes, got ur ticker on, go Jes! And Christine, what a cute one! How are u feelin, keepin up Water?

Jes, I will go with you if needed, but I am SURE u will do well on your own going in, my sassy, short, skinny sista!

Candra, did u say No blisters? Was reallly fun Thurs, I wanna come walk the bridge again, maybe tomorrow? hehe I could bring Tina and Nicole, and anyone else! Hehe Can't wait to see your hair! So does anyone want to shoot for lunch...Tues, Thurs or Fri?

April, did u go to SSF appt? How are you feelin?

Tamra, continue to research for yourself, I read posts and got myself informed...the good AND bad, then made my own decision...and it was a very good one..still is! But don't forget to cont to care for yourself, that is your priority!

Tina, wow, did you have your water? Maybe just having something small in the morn, to offset any imbalances?

Nicole, how is settlin in? We missed u Thursday!

Reggie, Cinderella, 'when will we see u, again?'

Pam, good for you on the labs! You go Curves woman!

Heather, have come up for air? Prob finished that paper no prob! Can anyone do lunch this week? Miss the SOS gals!

LaChica, wish u well on the orientation...pls come report!

Maria & Candi how are you doing? We are here to help & 'hear'! So Riley, are u 4 day weekend busy...or walking?

Please post what day for lunch works out, a 'pre-op' lunch for our 2 sweet ladies on deck! :)

Edited by roseyyyd1

Donna I wish I could go to lunch with you guys but I already know those days are out for me. Even next weekend is going to be tough. My husband asked me if I wanted to go to cashe creek before the surgery!!! Is that nice or what? He hasn't really been all that inquisitive about it so I've been telling him about the appts and you guys with no real response. Last night he asked me when the procedure was and about cashe creek. I think he is seeing how excited I am and that I'm serious so he's soften up. :)

Tina that is cool that you got to talk to Dr Baggs did you tell him about your fainting? Well I hope you all can ease your commute for the fills by going to vacaville. But, how often do you get fills? don't you get to your sweet spot and then stop?

When is the group fill in Pinole? 24th? Maybe we can do a walk then? I think I should be up and around by then so Candra & I can join you all.

Hey girls I am 100% fine today. I don't know why that happened. Weird. I hope it never happens again. But with me you never know.......usually when I passed out in the past it was Migraine headache related. LIke if I don't lay down when one is coming on I could pass out!! I don't get those kind of headache much anymore though......

I did eat Breakfast and lunch..............subway was dinner. Just a fluke thing!!

So yea nice day today!! Breezy and nice!! Got my house clean and laundry done we are headed out to the GReek Festival.........OPA!! LOL

So glad to be away from work for a few days!!

YEa true Jes by the time vacaville starts I might be at my sweet spot!! LOL. Good point!! LOL. Oh well!!

I think once you get to your sweet spot it is every other month. than once every three months................

WOuld love to walk on the 24th. I wonder if Riley can? I know the group fill doesn't get over till around 11:30 thought.

I don't think I can do lunch this week. I am off on MOnday and Friday (going to denver) I have huge deadlines this week before I go on vacation. We are trying to shut down shop..........I have all these committees I am on and I am suppose to be helping managment figure out what happens next and how can we keep kids safe with less staff...........ah geez just so much work stuff right now. HOw can I be on all these leadership committees but I still might not be able to stay?? Union for ya..........senority before ability sometimes!! Can we say RETIREMENT!! LOL We need some people who are burned out to RETIRE and I will gladly take their place!!

NO I didn't tell Dr. Baggs. I forgot...................we were talking about something else. I know I should off I thought if it after I got off the phone. If it happens again I will tell him for sure!!

Tamra my mom also didn't want me to get surgery but I am really glad I did..................I did six months of research before I decided to ask for the referral. Lots of debating. I couldn't move forward until I was comfortable so do what you have to do.................either way!!

YOu see Dr. Baggs this week right? You'll like him!!

Something exiting happened last night. The fella and I were hanging out at home and he said "I'm so proud of you". I'm like, What for? And he said he totally noticed all my hard work paying off. It's funny, everyone else has noticed. Every time I see my mom she stares for a minute, she knows how hard it's been for me in the past. And the funniest thing is that the person I live with has just seen it. Anyone else have that happen?

Tamra my mom also didn't want me to get surgery but I am really glad I did..................I did six months of research before I decided to ask for the referral. Lots of debating. I couldn't move forward until I was comfortable so do what you have to do.................either way!!

YOu see Dr. Baggs this week right? You'll like him!!

I see him Sept 17th, my appointment was pushed, I guess he wasnt going to be avilable the 8th..

Hiya Ladies...just thought I would add a few bridge pics, thanks to Candra & Jes who were bold enough to take me, before eating, and all the way to the end...ANd back! :) What a blast! When can we go again?! This is a great 'group' activity!

post-246064-13813138660984_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138661243_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138661522_thumb.jpg

Oh, THAT bridge! Lol.

Looks like fun, bring it on!

Great pictures!! Looks like fun!!

Oh Tamra well that just gives you more time to get ready for surgery!! You will like him he is really funny and easy going? He might even give you a lower weight. BUt the thing is if your struggling with staying on track now it is better to wait a bit. I have said it before some things are harder after the band..........I had a few days when I wished I had learned some things pre band............cause I got a crash course after. Like protiens. I finally have gotten this protien thing going.......I was eating to much salad. Now I eat my protien first than salad if it fits and I lost better.........but I was stubborn about it until my band got to tight for salad and than I realized why protien, protien, protien..............just take the time you need to really be ready!! I went from orientation to band in 4 months total..........a bit to quick looking back I could have used more time with the diet!! Got it down better :-)

So no stress just take your time............and if you change your mind no stress either just be healthy either way!!