Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey all!!

Crazy day. MOre layoffs announced. Geez you would think they could get the budget right the first time!! LOL. The cut six more spots positions depends now on if it is a master degree or BSW that is cut. MSW or BSW. Ah if it is MSW that is a BIG problem. Right now no one knows. They need to cut anohter department and leave CPS alone...............

Ok I am going to Kaiser tomorrow. Can't change the appointment and I can't miss I gained 2 pounds since the unfill and I was on a roll. My interview was changed to 4pm so I should be able to make it back in time. Well I have to.................:-)

I have to stop by work in the morning to drop some reports off at work that are due in the morning (doing them tonight) I have to get Kayla to school by 7:30am so I plan to head out about 8 or 8:30am at the latest.

Anyone can ride with me just not gonna be in Richmond by 8am!! LOL. MOre like 9:30 to 10am.

Nicole you could ride with me later and than come home with Donna? I have to get back to Sac unless you want to go back early.........

When does the pre op end? I might be able to do lunch but probably not.

I will look for you guys but my guess is if I am not there at 8am I won't be able to come in.................Liz would not like that I am late and that I have to leave for a fill!! Maybe ya'll will have a break so I can say hello.........

Donna you wanna go over later with me? Just an idea but I know you guys want time to chill and get lunch/bridge and I don't have alot of time for that..............****sigh****maybe in a month when things calm down a bit and I figure my schedule out better!!

Edited by swrktp

Will try!! I have my fill at 10:30 and than need to see Robin first.........my guess is I see Robin than at 10am she goes to teach your class..........her class is second!!

Ugh, I still weigh the same but WHY oh WHY am I so bloated? I swear, my pants feel tight today and I feel like I can't suck it in either.

Ugh, I still weigh the same but WHY oh WHY am I so bloated? I swear, my pants feel tight today and I feel like I can't suck it in either.

Um, 'cause you got a baby in there!? Don't suck in the baby!

I have had such low energy lately. I don't know what it is. I was all jazzed about going to the gym while I was driving home, then as soon as I get home it's like my batteries die! Of course, it was 86 degrees in the house, so I feel asleep and felt sick. Me no likey the heat. :blushing:

Nicole- Yay for internet! And what's that speed thing?

Tina- I'm in 005, and we got our COLA. I don't get it! I'm glad they are taking care of our dept but destroy CPS in the process? The extra layoff thing happened to us to. Because they were counting on a certain number of deputies at a certain salary being laid off, but in actuality lower salary deputies were laid off so it took more cuts to equal the same savings. Bad times. I just hope I can last through all this. I'm really happy where I'm at. My dad was with the dept for over 30 years, I'd love to say the same someday.

All Cookies have been removed from the house! I finally had to take them to work. They were so good, but so so bad!

Heather you're funny...the baby is only the size of a lentil bean right now. It's definitely not big enough to warrant this amount of bloat! LOL

Jes, can we even bring in a Latte? Cuz I'm not trying to drink anything before I get weighed!!

I'm joking about the latte....the real issue is that I need to get weighed in the morning! CRAP!! I am so blotted, cramps are kickin my you know what.

I agree Chris just enjoy being pregnant and don't worry sucking anything in!! LOL. Don't go hog wild and gain a ton but seriously your being to hard on yourself...............

HEather. Hmm if your in 005 I think you get the forloughs if they go through. I think the county is gonna play around with the 24/7 thing. Is your office open 24/7 or do you have round the clock staffing? Cause that is what they are looking for!! Ah good luck...........they told us to today if we do sign the contract for part time work to write after our signature. (signed under duress) Legal term that we use here at CPS all the time..........LOL Parent say that when they sign agreeing to services than later say they signed under duress since we had their kids..........they try to sue or drop out of CPS by saying they ........."signed under duress" That can legally void a contract.............

All to complicated for me.

Ok that thing about not counting the layoffs right that makes sense!! Oh total sense. Case in my class there are four different salaries depending on your time in county.........they are laying off the new people first so ......less salaries...........ah geez but that extra six means my job...............Even 4 more would mean I was ok!! I am hoping they will at least give the five positions back.......******crossing fingers*******

CPS and the board are planning to hand off alot of our worse cases--sexual abuse and physical abuse--to the sheriffs office. We won't deal with them anymore.........we will do neglect and drug type stuff.

I think that is how they plan to save money at the Board of Supervisors to hand stuff off to the Sheriffs..........will it work I don' know, I don't know!!

I have to weigh tomorrow too and I am up.......drinking my Water tonight. No CL!!

My pre op I dumped all my Vitamins on the floor. Liz said your in a hospital you can put them back in the jar.........LOL. Germs everywhere so I lost a whole thing of vitamins.

Oh you get your spirometer tomorrow. I still have mine but I sure do hate it.............I failed the whole breathing test and guess what............breathing after surgery was hard too..............I tried it again tonight and I still can't do it...........i have scarring on my lungs from a bad case of pneumonia!!

Tamra - don't make me kick your a*s! You can have Water & salad at applebees - not ALL salads are a good choice but some are! GET ON IT!

I know, but the chicken strips were calling me - another reason is TOM - its horrible this time around!! my cravings are the WORSE, my clothes are tight I feel lazy, sleepy...just bad all around...

Did you go to the support group tonight? When is the next one

Chris, that baby may just be the size of a lentil but what about the Fluid he/she is collecting! Love the baby ticker!

Heather - I Never have energy - welcome to my world! How's the reading going? Are they long chapters??????

Ok, so Liz told me to bring my Vitamins to my physical appt with Doc Fisher - not to the class - good thing you said something cuz since I already brought them to THE DOC I hadn't planned on bringing them tomorrow LOL Oh, he said i CAN use the sustained release pills! said as long as they fit thru to the big tummy they are fine! I shoulda asked about my handy dandy excederine!!!

I CAN'T eat or drink anything before I get weighed - it's so weird! I can weigh, have 1 glass of Water, weigh again and be 5lbs heavier! So I was hoping to really be able to bring my coffee with me tomorrow - what is the concensus (sp) on that? I better put my binder by the front door too or I will forget it.

Tamra - I expect you to be on track tomorrow - I got back on today - so far so good but I really want something sweet - funny you all are mentioning cramps cuz I've had them for the past two days but havent had a cycle for 4 years (depo!) I usually get cramps about a week before I'm due for my shot but as soon as I get it I'm cool - I got my shot 3 weeks ago so i shouldn't have any issues! Trying to drink lotsa water today.

Donna - where are you? still coming tomorrow??? don't make me come pick you up at 4am LOL.

Pammie - what's the word?

Cinderella, damn girl - we miss you over here!

April - how's the pain woman?

Nicole - you have no excuse - I know you have the net !

LaChica - you still around?

MARIA!!!!! What the heck - you hit goal, you dump us??

Hmmm.... who else can I harass

RILEY JANE... When are they opening the petaluma trail?

TeenaMarie... Txt when you get there or as soon as you are free! You should have my number but I'm gonna PM it to you right now

Christine- Blame the baby!

Tina- Good idea about that duress thing... What you may be forgetting is there are probably a lot of people in the same situation as you- looking for a new job. So you may just slip by. We've had a lot of reinstatments recently. With the death of a Sgt, the trickle down (or trickle up) was huge! There are so many people who are getting rehired. And, this may push some of those pesky old people to retire. You know the ones... they refuse to retire, but now they'll be making less $$, so they'll retire to get more $ at retirement.

Budget stuff sucks.

Candra- so far, this book is much better. It has a few pictures. I never knew how much of a difference that made! My last book had no pictures, no keywords or anything and it was so long and boring. This one doesn't seem so bad. And I have tomorrow off, so I should be able to get a lot of work done. Finally. And go to the gym. And go to Kaiser for a weight check. And probably 100 other things. Oh my.

Heather - enjoy your day tomorrow!

I'm gonna hit the sac, my head is getting worse so its time for Maxalt LOL.

Jes, see you in the morning - Donna, you too? Tina?

Nicole, txt when you know your plan for tomorrow