Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello ladies,

Boy the weekends sure go by quick. I hung out with my girlfriends this weekend and had a good time. Besides the fact that I didn't stick to my meal plans. Gosh, I need to get a handle on hanging out and staying away from the carbs. They all know I'm getting the band and are very supportive so that helps.

Yea Donna & Tina I'm excited about the class on Thursday. and then my pre op with Dr Park on Friday wow...I need to go tomorrow and do my blood work. I have to get back on the wagon. None of these slip ups this week.

I'm up for walking and if we have time a quick snack. I was going to work form home on thursday but I think I'm just going to take it off so I don't have to keep checking my email all day.

Candra, where are you girl? I know yo have your appt w/ Doc Fisher tomorrow. Do you have your list of questions? Maybe we can stop by target or Walmart thursday afternoon and pick up a few items.

Ladies I'm so excited!! just 2ish more weeks Woo Hoo

Hi my beautiful bandster babes.

So no i wont be moving on tuesday but there is no way im going, cause they will MAKE me step on the scale and im running from that right now. ugh. I was gonna go.. but also i dont wanna overwhelm our preop girls.. :)

So ive realized if i stick to the rules i dont pb. LOL GO FIGURE!:wink2: lolol For example.. enchilada.. if i eat the tortilla i feel it going down the whole time. If i just eat the cheese inside... im good.

We are officially moving next weekend i think, really depends on audrey. Just us unpackin the cars with her was a living nightmare. But i miss my stuffs... except same time i dont lol. Very mixed feelings. I dont like the idea of have a full house agian. Because there isnt much storage..

Candra, how are you doin beautiful????

Tina: i hope your job calms down...

Pam: Oh man im sorry they were so uncool and couldnt wait..

Chris hows ur tummy.

Jess: hows work? Getting excited??

Donna: iknow your doing great!!! Have you been doin the wii???

Everyone else hope you are all doing fantabulous!!!

ugh, I look so fat in the mirror. I mean I weighed myself and I'm still at the same weight but I look like a rolly polly.

anyway my daughter is still scheduled to come with me on Thursday so some of you will be able to meet her.

Nicole, glad everything is working out with the apartment. oh work is fine. Work is cool, I told my boss about my hernia surgery and he was very supportive so at least I don't have that stress.

I just got an email from my teacher. We had a quiz to take and I apparently didn't take it in time. He told us we'd have until Sat to finish it, well I didn't see it there on Sat when I was looking for it. Bummer. He wanted to know if I had fallen behind on my reading. I'm stressing, I have to tell him I'm 6 chapters behind, since I don't have my book yet. Ugh, dreading his response...

Woops, lol, posted it before I meant to.

So, we had a really fun day telling Bri's family and my family about the baby. It was so fun! We brought a dozen donuts over to family dinner at my folks house and I stuck a toothpick with a little flag in each donut. They were all numbered 1 through 11 and on the 12th donut I wrote "Baby Swisher...coming April '10". They were all so excited and loved how we did it with the dozen donuts...especially the 11 grandkids cuz they all got a donut out of it! My parents are gonna have a dozen grandkids! That's crazy!

We had lunch with Bri's family and Sophie had drawn a picture and at the top of the page she wrote in alternating blue and pink marker "I'm going to be a big sister!" and under that she drew a picture of her pushing the baby in a stroller. It was adorable! My MIL started crying and gave me a huge hug. She's really excited because her daughter (my SIL) is preggo too and due in January so our babies will only be 3 months apart. It's going to be really fun!!!

It was a really great day.

Ok Ladies I think I have an interview on Thursday........so I might be rescheduling my fill for Friday? Or if I can work it out I might try to get the interview on Thursday afternoon so I can still go to my fill I should hear something tomorrow for sure............

Candra and Jes: I might have to miss the pre op class and bridge walk. Bad timing I know but having an interview is exciting right now..............Donna I will keep you updated.

I would love to able to go ahead with our plans but really need this alternative job just in case...............lets see how it works out.

I heard last night if I do get to stay with the county that I could be put in weekend shift (tues-Sat or night shift 11pm-7am) Neither would work being a single mother..........If I have another job lined up I can just walk if I get transferred to a department that won't work.

Checked out COBRA and unemployment this weekend. Things will work out. Just that I really would rather have a job than go on unemployment.

Gonna call Liz today or see her this week about how Kaiser works this. I might have to tranfer to Sutter in town if I get this new job. That is the insurance the new job has.............less driving but I would rather stay with Dr. Baggs since that is whoI started with.

Things are falling into place.

Tina, Liz told me that Kaiser Richmoind provides your after-care at the Richmond facility for the rest of your life, even if you no longer have Kaiser. The only thing that they do NOT cover she said is the labs, and they can be very expensive - upwards of $200 for some of the tests. So get all of your 6 month labs done now! Also, your new insurance - if that happens - may cover part of your labs . . kaiser is probably not one of their preferred providers but I betcha they cover at least some of it! Or go to abother lab for that stuff and bring the printed results in to Kaiser, they will enter them into the system for you . . . I think any lab is required to do the work-up as long as it is directed by a physician, their plan or not.

More later - got to go walk - I have gained a crapload of weight back :-(

Riley that is what I heard too. So I am thinking it will work out somehow. I am at almost 5 months out right now.......so I will ask Dr. Baggs about labs. I am hoping to see him twice in September anyway to back up to a good fill level. Maybe I could just do them early??

If I do get laid off I will still have insurance until October so I could be at my sweet spot by than................

Feeling less stressed today. I have a pretty solid game plan in action now. I turned in alot of resumes over the weekend and sent some back to colorado. Now watch the county will decide to keep me cause I am getting excited about leaving now.................LOL!! I think this is gonna be good for my health to leave. I have been thinking about leaving CPS for over a year now.

Also if I leave the county I can be a foster parent. So I am seriously considering that right now. I wanted to do it for years but couldn't becuase you can't work for CPS and be a foster parent..........conflict of interest.

So glad everyone is doing well!! Will check back in later this week.

Oh got the resume done...........pain in the butt!! I had to revise it 4 times over the weekend. 7 pages had to be condensed into 2..............LOL. I will just have to explain the rest in the interviews................LOL.

As we all know I write ALOT!!

What is it with gaining weight over the weekend?? Me to Riley...........I had a bad weekend and that darn 2 pounds is sticking like glue.................fatty liver for sure on me!! I am hoping Water will take care of that.........so disappointted.

If you can believe my band has loosened up alot. I think two weeks ago I might have had some restriction but now............I don't even know I have a band. I don't feel a thing!! I think I took advantage of that too!! Time to get back to the routine!!

OMG Tina, I think you SO need to be a foster mom! Put some prayer into this one - sounds like you are already feeling some peace about it - the right thing will happen :-)

I'm not talking about a 2-lb. gain here, I am talking about 6+ LBS!!! Way too much too be just Water - I think. Although I did just pee for the 6th time this morning, TMI and LOL at the same time - so a lot of it is water and a lot of it is fatty liver from my carb-fest that started in oregon over a week ago, but some of it is also the fact that I am still doing what worked for me 80 lbs. ago, and my body is much much smaller and I need to do different stuff (like eat less, and change my exercise, and add in weights . . . ) now to keep moving forward. One thing that I CAN say is that since I have gained this, I do feel my band now! It will not let me gain back past a certain amount, and I am SO grateful for that! And also my clothes are not any tighter, and people keep commenting that I am still losing . . . so I am trying not to get disouraged and just pour in the water (already on 50+ this morning, hence the TMI above!) and walk a lot more! I did 11 miles yesterday and only 800 calories and still somehow managed to gain - probably because I have 4 servings of super-salty Soup, calories count said I was over 5000 mg of sodium yesterday and if any of that had iodone in it, that is what the gain is from - I am allergic and swell like heck. But anyways!!!

morning ladies,

Chris that's exciting about the family and how you told them, so creative.

No worries Tina, job interview is far more important. Candra and I can handle it. If you are able to get the fill on Friday perhaps we can still hook up I'm seeing Dr Park that morning too. Speaking of, I emailed Dr P this morning to ask her about filling out my paper work and she relpied in like 8 min so I'm happy about that. I also went to KP this morning when I got to work to do my lab work so I'm ready to roll. :biggrin:

8 more work days so I need to get my desk and office cleaned. Check in with you all later.

Hi Riley, what's with the carbs and the liver? I'm trying to down Water to keep from gaining. I'm only 3 lbs less than my goal so I don't need any thing to happen. I'm also coming up on my TOM so I guess it's good that I'm 3 under.

Does anyone have anything exciting planned for the holiday weekend? I think I'm sticking around home cleaning my house and trying not to over eat.

Riley it has always been my plan to do foster care. Just didn't know when. I know I can't be a social worker and have fosters kids. The only twist is that single mother's can only be foster parents IF they are working at an outside job..........so I need to get that dealt with first. The job I am interviewing for has some out of town travel so I have to think about things and see if I get that job.

But yea they want you to have a full time job so you don't just live off foster care money. That money is for the kids.............

So great idea just waiting to see how it goes.

My only other option is to get married so that one of us is working than I could stay home with the kids!!! I am not about to marry just to do foster care!!

But yea maybe, maybe.........

Jes I would love to meet up on Friday if I can get an appointment than. I still haven't cancelled the thursday fill cause I want to go..........I might just have to leave right after if I have an interview that afternoon..........waiting for a call. Turned in the resume this morning............:-)