Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

We checked them out a while ago they are pretty expensive it was like 1200 for a 1bdrm.

I dont mind sharin a bathroom with her but it would be nice for 2..

So Tina, I did some searching on the county's intranet site and found the memo that talks about furloughs (16 hrs per month). What bugs me is there wasn't even an email! I went looking for it! I don't know how this "no-CPS" thing is going to work. I can't believe 10 years isn't enough time to keep you on. Ugh.

I had my new class tonight. It's so much better than the other one, I can't even compare them. This one is a blended format so it's 1/2 the time in the classroom and 1/2 the time online during the week. So much better than 4 hours in class at night (after a 9 hour shift at work). So, I like this class and even though the first paper is due in a week I'm not stressing.

I'll be in Petaluma on Saturday. I'm going to stay in the area Sat. night. I have friends in the area and we're going to visit. I'm excited for our weekend!

Nicole, I'm totally on your side about the floorplan. No one wants to be sharing a bathroom with a 2 year old. I won't live somewhere without 2 bathrooms now, total requirement. Did you guys look at the apts off Mather & 50? You could be really close to Reggie and Mike is right off the freeway.

Tina you're so cute - so who do you feel like LOL

reggie - I got a big mouth! tiny bites are not my style. I seriously gotta kick it into high gear - I see my surgeon on Monday!

Jess, Thursday - you're on for the walk - reggie, wanna join us? May be too late for you.

I think I might do a week of the couch to 5k - maybe just week two - I know liz said not too cuz Im too heavy for that still but I just don't feel like walking is doing anything.

Nicole - I'm glad you're happier with Mike back at work - how was his first day?

Riley Jane is back - woo hoo! Sounds like you had alot of fun - your brother must be so happy that you can keep up with them now!

And them putting it in the paper is stupid i think. What a good way to turn things back around FAST AS POSSIBLE. I remember as a kid i said ill call cps and i know that stopped my parents.. now kids will have noone on their side. Wow this really is kinda sad.

It may help though... when we were going to lay off 230 deputies, the Sheriff took it straight to the media. He was on the radio and the news talking about how bad it will get. "We will not investigate property crime" (at all)

People got pissed (righfully so) and we got $10 million restored to our budget. Unfortunately it came from Tina's dept. And the $10 million saved some jobs, but there were still around $200 laid off and countless others demoted and all that. So maybe people will get angry about CPS and find a solution to the problem, not just robbing peter to pay paul.

ooooh Candra I know you have to be excited I am. You see your surgeon Monday and I see mine on Friday (next) Don't you feel you have a million things to do with like 2 weeks to go? OMG We have to make our lists, go shopping, what else?

Chris I skipped protection once and have a 14 year old!! LOL. But my periods have been really crazy all summer. But I would be surprized if your pregnant...........they said it happens ALOT after surgery!!!

I thought Nicole was pregnant last week thought. Nicole did you take the test by the way??

Thanks for all the resumes ladies!! REally great stuff and Jes the questions are great prep.......I think I have actually been asked a few times the same stuff............Most interviews I have done have had 3-4 people interviewing me and hard questions.......organization, ethical stuff........hard to know how to answer but important!!

Donna I got your resume too. Thanks so much ladies tons of support...........

Nicole I don't know what is in the paper. I think just that CPS is all but shutting down................hopefull that is all they write............just that we won't be taking as many calls or addressing as many situations anymore...........just the worst of the worst. But who knows what the journalist will write........

Heather glad you like your class. I don't know why you didn't get the email about forloughs. But I just got it at 5:30 pm today so maybe it is still coming.........it was kept hush/hush...........we are being told they are laying all county workers off to void current contracts....than hiring them back on 9/10s without new contract........crazy huh. I don't know if your department is included but we were told ALL county employees..........interesting to see what turns up.

Ok nite ladies. Gotta get up early

Oh going to the media is a great idea!! It is the only thing that works sometimes..............unfortunelty with CPS what works is dead children..............just wait the paper is gonna be full of stories of dead children..........they thought last summer was bad they have not seen anything get............were are gonna be down 200 workers since last summer...........

Oh and they are laying of masters level social workers and keeping the batchelors (6 year degree vs. 4 year) County is going with the cheaper labor............over the schooling and experience. They will regret it. When kids die.........the papers will be all over the fact they let the grad school SW's go...............CPS is suppose to be staffed by MSW's not BSW's ...........they were only around becuase not enough Masters apply for the jobs or they leave after a year...............for better jobs!!

I think the papers need to know the truth. We have been told not to talk......................wonder why!!

Terry Schutten is up for reelection. He doesn't want people to know CPS is going down until AFTER he gets re elected!!

Oops did I spill the Beans? ?? :-)

off to work..............oh joy!! Chaos rules at that place.........

Gonna shut my door and stay off the roller coaster today.

Did find out if I stay that the county is trying to cut health benefits and that Kaiser might not be an option anymore. Depends on who is the cheapest medical insurance when they bid.........I really have got to talk to Liz and get this figured out. If I stay I have to agree to part time work and less benefits.............

Riley didn't you say something about benefits going up for your too?? I think our county is doing the same thing.....forloughs and higher health care costs.

I hope everyone is right that the fill appointments are already paid for with the surgery............

Yeah, I don't know...I always start between 28 and 32 days. 28 days was last Monday and 32 was on Thursday (fill day). I haven't gone later than 34 since December (when I started losing weight) so I'm kinda curious. My boobs hurt, but that could be because I'm a week late and my hormones are going nuts cuz I need to start, BUT we did skip using protection ONCE this month. I guess once is all it takes, but I'm really hoping I'm not. Not yet. If I am I'll be happy and everything but timing wise I'd really love a few more months.

/QUOTE]Chris if you are it is blessing. Well the boobs hurting girl....... Not sure how much it has to do with late period but hey I'm no Dr. just a Dr's daughter lol. Either way I will be happy for you girlfriend! Sophie can surely do with a playmate!

Well, I'M PREGNANT. Holy frickin' crap. I'm in total shock and denial right now I just can't believe it. I took a test this morning and the test line came up immediately, WAY before the control line! Bri's at work all day so I'm gonna wait til he gets home to tell him.

I'm excited but really nervous, this was not the timing we were going for! I know I need to call Liz or Dr. Baggs and find out what I should do differently to make sure I'm getting in enough Protein and veggies. I think I'm about 5 or 6 weeks along...WOW. I'm seriously in shock. Just...WOW.

I wonder if I'll have to go in and get an unfill? I kinda hope not. I hope I can just do 5 or 6 small meals a day to make sure I'm getting in everything I need. If I need to get an unfill that's fine, I'll totally be in mommy mode and do what's best for the baby. THE BABY?!?! What the??? This is just so crazy. I'm kinda hoping I can still lose a little bit more in the next couple months before I start gaining...ugh, that's gonna be tough. But it'll be a fun challenge to see how FEW pounds I can gain. I know Dr. Baggs will be awesome and help me with that (after he lectures me for getting pregnant 5 months post-op) Woopsies.

ooooh Candra I know you have to be excited I am. You see your surgeon Monday and I see mine on Friday (next) Don't you feel you have a million things to do with like 2 weeks to go? OMG We have to make our lists, go shopping, what else?

Yeas Ma'am - I'm excited and nervous and anxious and all that! I do feel like a got so much to do - still haven't even gotten my milk of magnesia LOL - maybe we can split a bottle since we only take it once hahaha. We NEED to shop!

Congratulations Christine!

You have been a leader in this group in so many ways now you can teach us all how to be pregnant with the band LOL

I wonder if I'll have to go in and get an unfill? I kinda hope not. I hope I can just do 5 or 6 small meals a day to make sure I'm getting in everything I need. If I need to get an unfill that's fine, I'll totally be in mommy mode and do what's best for the baby. THE BABY?!?! What the??? This is just so crazy. I'm kinda hoping I can still lose a little bit more in the next couple months before I start gaining...ugh, that's gonna be tough. But it'll be a fun challenge to see how FEW pounds I can gain. I know Dr. Baggs will be awesome and help me with that (after he lectures me for getting pregnant 5 months post-op) Woopsies.
This is so normal a reaction LOL. Chris CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a gang of Ladies here to support you. You will do fine with your band, remember that was one of your reasons for chosing the band? Congrats to Bri, that stud LOL! :thumbdown:. Well we have a shower to plan in 8 months YAAAYYYY!!! You know I thrive on occassions as such.