Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

My port doesn't stick out but I still have some tummy fat. If I put my arms up in the air (which is what I do when I get a fill put my arms up and than he can find it) than I can see it barely but I can feel it alot more now if I push around..........couldn't do that righ after surgery to much bloat and fat!!

Ah Candra and Jess you do get alot of bloat after surgery from all the Water and gas that gets in the body. I felt like a little plump balloon for a few days and looked alot like a roly poly balloon!! At six weeks Dr. Baggs said I still had some of the bloat and swelling but he said totally normal..............all of that is gone now!! My port was all puffy for a couple of months but now nice and smooth if you don't count the fat roll.............LOL.

okay home from work!!

Soooo I did well, till dinner...I made a yummy sirloin steak, ended up eatting about 5 oz of it instead of 3...lol...and theres 3 more left and im trying to pretend its not there! I am chewing on some lemons now...(yes weird addiction)

speaking of, once banded, how is acidy stuff? (Oranges, orange juice? )

Maria - Darn October dates now eh? I don't think Ill loose it all before the end of this month :sad:

Ok, so I just got back from costco and got the clear liquid Protein shots - sugar free, carb free 25g Protein - this is what i will be drinking for my clear liquid days - I must stay full LOL they are NOT cheap! $20 for 12 shots - I got two packs, fruit punch & orange.

Tamra, I dont have any bathroom issues - more green leafy veggies!

I love prunes - am I old? hahaha. my great grandmother use to give them to me when Id go see her and I've loved em ever since.

shoot - just remembered I forgot to get milk of magnesia!

should I bring the elephant some nuts - maybe then he'll be too busy eating them to sit on my chest??

The potatoe thing is really messin with me - Outsmarted those stupid things tonight - made garlic cauliflower mash (faux-tatoes). Yummy.

i think I'll hit trader joes after the meeting tomorrow for some of that 3 layer hummus - Im excited about that.

Bring on the puree phase - Im so ready now. Hummus, faux-tatoes, Protein Shots, baby prunes, ricotta cheese - oh, yeah! I can definately do this.

Tina - not sure I can out do your patterns LOL

Riley - I would never have thought YOU were afraid to fail. You are the LapBand poster child. Not that I'm happy you feel that way but happy i'm not a feak of nature hahaha.

pam - you didn't worry me - I was just joking - as long as the port doesn't stick out farther than my boobs nobody will notice, right?

Candra do bring something to appease the pink elephant!! You will be glad ya did...............LOL

Don't speak to soon you might outdo me!! :-) Sounds like Jes has the mouth though so maybe she will be the one to outdo me!! LOL.

Hey Jes Maybe you should wear your fit flops to surgery. You know give yourself a boast post op!!

LOL.

I got hummus today too. The red pepper kind not sure what I think yet.........

Candra Pureeds and mushies you get tired of pretty quick. Clears was hard cause you won't be hungry but you gotta try...........soft foods are the BESt stage you will be so ready.

WOW this is really getting close!! What time is your pre op class? I want to try to see you guys that day. I would just come in as a support person if I didn't think Liz would get me.............LOL!!

Candra, dont tell liz or robin about your idea of the puree times.. cause most the things on your list are considered a mushie.........:sad:

Im makin dinner... and auds is pissed.. lol my life love it..

Id have to say im scared of failing also...

LOL Mine is sitting next to me digging his nails into my leg....

No they are two different stages, however about 5 days into puree people slowly thicken it and try things like the ricotta in spagetti sauce lol

I had a lot of pureed chili during puree.. and robin later said thats a mushie even though it poors.. whatever:D

I am so excited for both of you surgery gils!!!

My menu:

B:Almonds 150 cals

L: chicken salad 1/4 c Lettuce 200 cal

D: Salmon Chowder YUMMMMMO it says 261 but im gonna add it to 361 because i dont know how they were calculating it.. i had 1/2 a salmon filet and the sauce..

Salmon Chowder

there for anyone who loves fish.. Candra i made this during mushies...

I am finally catching a episode of "Ruby"....wow...

Jes, Clear Liquids start at 6pm the night before surgery but NOTHING after midnight. Then you stay on clear liquids for 2-3 days after that is solid liquids.< /p>

Nicole: I just double checked the binder and there is so separate mushie stage listed. In the puree stage is says cottage cheese is ok too.

maybe my binder has been revised since you got yours. Mine goes as follows

1. clear 2. full liquids 3. puree 4.soft foods 5. modified regular diet. What is the difference between mushy & puree? is it that the puree is thinner ?

Edited by Desperate1

Tamra your more than halfway there!!

Liquids is right after Jes!!

And I love Ruby!! She is funny!! Did you see the one where she tried to get a job as a tour guide but kept talking about hauntings, murders and mafia during the tour!! So funny!! She didn't get the job!! Also looks like she is considering RNY onthe next episode.....

I so want to see Big Medicine but so far can't find an episode. I have never seen that show but thanks to Pam heard about it............

I'm SO gonna make that Salmon Chowder soon, it looks so good!

Man, all day school is kicking sophie's butt--literally! She was playing at recess and got booted in the eye from a little girl that didn't see her on the monkey bars. She has a pretty big shiner under on her eyelid, it looks like she's wearing blue eyeshadow. Poor baby...she was SO tired tonight she asked if she could go to bed at 6:45! We just tucked her in about 10 minutes ago and I haven't heard a peep. I think she's already out!