Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Well said Tina!!!

Riley I think that elephant lives in the recover room cause he was bugging my sitting on me and all that day too..........geez you would think he would get the hint he is not wanted there!! LOL. :-P

Later girls

Did someone say they had a CPAP? Liz told me they won't do the surgery unless I bring mine. I'm still at the stage of yanking mine off in the middle of the night. So I told her I sometimes freak with it and would not want to have a panic attack from the CPAP on top of the surgery but she wasn't buying it.

1 pound down since my last unfill...........LOL. So it can be done!! Success does exist!!

Just need to keep it here or below until september 3rd!!

thanks Riley!! I need to get re-focused. The 3 lb gain shocked me....

Did you guys catch my questions this morning about not using the bathroom as much on the 1200 cal diet, is that normal? I know it is AFTER surgery....?

Jes I pulled my oxgyen mask off over and over it was giving me panic attacks in the recovery room.............I HATE those things I can't breathe with them on..........finally the nurse gave me a nose one instead and that worked out GREAT!!! She also stood there with me just telling me slow down your fine, breathe slower......it helped she was a very good nurse!!

You'll survive. But Riley I thought you broght yours and didn't use it??

Did someone say they had a CPAP? Liz told me they won't do the surgery unless I bring mine. I'm still at the stage of yanking mine off in the middle of the night. So I told her I sometimes freak with it and would not want to have a panic attack from the CPAP on top of the surgery but she wasn't buying it.

Just hush with Liz and bring it, Jes. I brought mine and I told Dr,. Baggs I had it, and all he said was "OK great, you can use that when you get home." Never touched it. Pain to pack it around, it is just a requirement and they never use them - just a hoop. Jump it it's an easy one!

Yup. Ah the infamous Richmond Kaiser Recovery Elephant! Most places just have a stuffed animal, at Richmond they got the real damned thing, lucky us :-)

Oh and the CPAP I only got 2 weeks before surgery so was TOTALLY not used to it yet, getting in maybe 3-4 hours a night with it on . . . . and I no longer need it, but I am totally addicted to it! I use it all night every night, get up to pee and put it back on when I go back to bed, it makes me go to sleep within a couple of minutes!!

well most people ignore the elephant in the room but not me I have to go say hello to him and get him all stirred up............he probably saw me coming from a mile away and said I am gonna sit right on that girl today...........being she is so friendly and noticed the elephant in the room................why oh why do I have to look for elephants all the time................LOL!!

Hiya ladies...

I had my CPAP, and brought it with me, but, I also stayed over night there, if I didnt have it, NO ONE would have slept, I would've rocked the hosp w/ my snoring! lolol So I would say bring it, just to be safe. I do have hopes of someday not needing it, but will take a lot to convince me after 16 yrs, BUT I have heard it being rid of after surgery!!!

Interesting topic Tina...The Invisible Elephant...hmmm...

See how good you are..trained eye to see things, and now YOU are seeing them AND dealing with them for a healthier you!!!! and me!!! hehehe :sad:

Hey, i was a "normal" breaker.. i dressed in the preop before going, of course the nurse FREAKED lol, but iw anted to go home soo bad.. and it was already 4 so noone else was there...

The 11:30 is your barium.. you will be calling Friday before surgery for YOUR time.. Dr baggs also told me not to cancel tina:D

Oh and girls, everyone is different.. I was freakin up to the point, but then i was on the boards the night after surgery and was on the treadmill, i dont think i ever got quiet lol. Go figure...

Tamra, i went weeks without any bathroom activity preop.. dr baggs said it was fine.. I also had issues post op. Not anymore though...

Tamra, i went weeks without any bathroom activity preop.. dr baggs said it was fine.. I also had issues post op. Not anymore though...

Thank you :sad:

oh Tamra, I meant to comment on that earlier. I am have a heck of a time. I don't use it unless I drink some green tea or something. It's driving me nuts. Like today, I feel like a sasuage! I think it's all the protien.