Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

yea the 11:30 is for the swallow. YOu go in at 8am. I was actually on the table ready to go at 7:50am I remember looking..........

I got there at 6:45am and was checked in at 7am. Weight, gown, IV, heparin shot and got my liquids pumped in me.............go to the bathroom......ah with my IV a rolling behind me........not so cool. Gowns are way to huge.......ah nice warm blanket and lazy boy chair to relax in.......that was the nice part......than Dr. Baggs and anthesioligist come and talk to you for awhile......I asked for extra anti naseau meds...........than got my IPOD to chill but they were back in five minutes to get me........the anthesogilist walks you back. I had to say good bye to my glasses and go in not seeing a thing which is probably good.....get on the table the doc gets the gown loose and you lay down...........than boom they are all around you like flies......some strapping you to the table........some putting on face masks.......arms out.....I was joking around...........than gone!! Next thing I remember they are moving me to the recovery bed and I was in pain and than gone again............I slept a couple of hours.........than 11am barium swallow and by 11:30 waiting for Dr. Baggs to let me go........out the door at 12pm.............loopy as all get up but not in pain..........LOL :-P

It goes fast!! Nurses were really nice all of them the OR nurse was really calm and reassuring...........she calmed me down with just her eyes........you can't see her smile by the way!! LOL.

You will get some nerves the week before we all did........we will expect some debating and last minute thoughts from you all that week!! AFterwards people get sorta quiet that first week...........than bounce back on the boards.............Funny thing is we have seen enough people go through now that you sorta know the pattern...........

Unless of course you are break all the patterns and do something shocking!!

Liz was telling me once she has surgery and was telling inappropriate jokes the whole time and was horrified when she recovered and heard about it!! LOL.

So who knows what stories you will have to tell!!

I think that 11:30 appt is for the swallow afterwards...I got one of those too. I remember her saying she was goign to book that too.

Jes - thanks - i think you're right because It says its at radiology. That threw me off

that story made me nervous! LOL

Candra one person did have Fisher but changed LOL *bats eyelashes*

I have some really good so far! I went back to measuring as of today:

B - 3/4 cottage cheese

L- 1 cup lettace, 3 oz tuna, and fresh lemon (did no salt for once)

dinner wil be 3 oz steak with 1 cup green beans....

OH Dr. Baggs told me that one of his patients got a radiogy card in the mail and called an cancelled cause he told the radiologist he was having surgery that day he wouldn't be able to make it!!! LOL< LOL LOL!!!

He told me don't do that!! That was one of the funniest things I heard that day. So the patient has a band and then no barium swallow appointment. Radiologist says they cancelled due to surgery that day..........no one figured it out but it caused problems for Dr. Baggs!!!

You guys getting excited??

I plan on breaking all the patterns! Im not going to think about it anymore - like nike says - JUST DO IT. Im so not nervous about the actual surgary - honestly - just afraid I will fail - like I'll want to eat so so so bad that I will snafk all the time and gain weight and make a huge fool outta myself LOL

I am - not about the process but about the weight loss - again, still a little nervous that i will mess it all up - I think that comes from my RNY friends that gained their weight back - and from all my past diet failures !!!!!!!!!!

Well Candra maybe you will actually get to dress in the middle of the pre op room!! I tried but they won't let me!!! But you MIGHT be able to break that pattern!! LOL!!

I remember telling Dr. Baggs the lights were off but someone was actually home............darn meds. He was laughing and trying not to.........but I have to admit looking back I was talking crazy stuff that day..........

I can't WAIT TO HEAR how you outdo me!! I wish I could be there with you!!

And yep I was surprizingly calm that morning. I refused to let my mind debate anymore. I just went with it and didn't think...............or analyze it anymore. Cause ya all know I love to analyze stuff!! LOL

Enjoy letting everyone take care of you. It was totally a ME day...........tons of attention on you that day!! Enjoy it!!

Liz was telling me once she has surgery and was telling inappropriate jokes the whole time and was horrified when she recovered and heard about it!! LOL.

So who knows what stories you will have to tell!!

did Liz have surgery or are you talking about something else?

Actually that brings up something. Does anybody ever wonder why some of the other clinic staff members don't do do it? I mean if I worked in that department I would have been all over it.

It's like having a smoker working in a smoking ceasation clinic.

I am still afraid of that same thing Candra and I have been banded for 17 weeks now............I lose slow but I am going down steady now............so I am starting to really think this is the answer...........loving my band and not gaining it back even when I stall...............all thanks to the band I know..........

Totally hear ya!!

LIz didn't say what KIND of surgery she had!! We all wonder. She has lost ALOT of weight since she started to work at bariatrics...............she told us that story in the pre op class!! I wanted to ask her if she was banded cause she also said...............that the port hurts like a mother........and I wondered how she knows that unless she had it ...............but who knows!!

Yea I wonder do what it is like to work for bariatrics and be heavy.......lots of peer pressure huh??

GOOD JOB Tamra! I knew you'd get right back on it :-) Green Beans sounds good, hm m mm . . .

Candra, in fact I am still afraid every single day that I will somehow fail, I am still shocked that I have been so successful, I still keep thinking that it's because I "cheat" and grab the towel bar or weigh in naked right after my biz, or whatever . . . am just know conceding that you can't "cheat" away 100 lbs. . . .my friend who is 11 years out from RNY (and still LOSING btw) says that she is still scared of it every single day too. I have determined that we who DO stay scared, do the best :-) Weight re-gain is less common with lap-band than it is with RNY. SInce you have to keep going in, it's impossible to just "give up" although some people do and have the band removed. They can pry mine out of my cold dead body, I LOVE this thing!

b- soy slender latte, egg beaters with soy meat

l - 1.5 oz cheese, 2 cups spring mix with no-cal dressing

d - don't know yet! May be a taco bell pintos & cheese night

My incident last week and the whole unfill thing really shook me up for a few days..............I don't like taking steps backwards.............but it made me get really strict again with measuring and protiens so I think things work out for the best.............this has made me think hard and realized I can't totally relie on the band I have to do my part..........

But my confidence in the whole process took a hit last week and now I am back on my game stronger this week..........

We all have doubts!!

Jeez I think that the only thing I said was, "let me up! Let me up! There's an elephant on my chest, I need to get up! I don't want to lay back down!" I woke up on the gurney going TO recovery, so I'm pretty sure I didn't say too much bad - I sure did with my c-sections tho, LOL . .

Oh I woke up so early because my heart rate was going too low and they gave me something to speed it up - no worries, you will not wake up early in surgery!