Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi ladies! I totally regret missing Saturday. I had to take care of something here at home. Anyway looks like you all had a blast and you all look great! I know I will eventually meet all of you soon. I can tgo this saturday my son has his football jamboree in Stockton and he really wants me to go.

I have a great concern..as I mentioned in the past I am currently unemployed and have been actively seeking employment I was wondering If I get a job in the next few weeks how am i going to have my lap-band surgery!! what was your recovery time. I was told that they are scheduling for October surgeries now. Should I let my employer know at the time of interview of my upcoming surgery? I cant pass up a job we are living off nickels and dimes here. need your advice on how I can handle this becuase I know it's important to have my surgery too. Hope you all have had a great day. Sorry I havent been on today my son is out of school (Elk Grove has tracks) so Ive been very busy with him.

Hmm that work thing is complicated...........I know some people only took a week off!! I have heard it can be done. I think you could be pretty healed by 2 weeks..........you will just be sorta tired......

Maria, if you get an interview or job offer, maybe you should just be open and up front and let them know that you have medical procedure that will require you to be out for a week (or two, whatever you can get away with). Candi and Tina told their jobs that they were having hernia operations so that they wouldn't get questions from co-workers...you may want to go that route too.

Candra: have an extra shot for me:D Im scared of the coffee shops:D I cant get a latte.. im not really a coffee person i like the.. ... vanilla Chais!!! oh yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

Chris, yeah i can eat ANYTHING.. i couldn't last week or the week before but then i lost some weight and now im loosie goosie..

Maria: uhm at the interview state that you will be having a surgery soon and you can get a paper to prove it.. but you will need 2 weeks once that is scheduled. They will be more willng to work with you at the begining then after..

Tina: you i doubt even got close to 1000 calories.. crackers..? Arent those not many calories..

Ok off for our walk ill be back

You ladies rock!! I know I can always count on all of you to make sense of what I stress about. Good idea on being up front about it I just hope they dont say "NEXT"

Here is another delima; Tonights dinner, I have been so good today only thing is I didnt plan dinner and when I checked I was completely out of everything. So I ended up making the guys (hubby and son) a turkey mac skillet. I dunno I just made it up out of whatever I can find healthy which is not much. I am definatly not going to eat that becuase I am avoiding carbs. I might just have a protien shake instead. or fruit with lots of Water. any suggestions. I have no veges I need to go shopping tomorrow. Bad planning!

Maria no need to tell them in the interview, tell them when you get a job offer. Especially since you don't even have a surgery date to give them yet! And the surgery IS elective, so you can work with them a bit - you can have the surgery anytime, but you can only start a new job after they offer it to you!

I use the special K Protein waters when I'm hungry and need to tide over . . . or pick around the mac in the turkey mac, if you only get 6 little Pasta pieces it won't hurtcha too bad! fruit has carbs too remember. Got any cheese? Can of kidney Beans?

I went back for lentils so I think I hit about 1100 today. THe salad had Beans, cucumbers, jicama, feta cheese, a few croutons......................it sorta added up.

Also when I do calorie count I estimate a bit higher if I am in doubt about calories. Just in case!!

I have a can of garbanzo Beans and mozerella. I'm afraid my picking will turn into digging, then getting a plate. cuase it looks darn good. But I stepped away from the food I'm waiting for them to gget back from football practice. I think I also want to avoid diner cause we have been eating so late now that they get back after 8:30.

Yeas Riley my husband said get the job first dont give them a reason to ask someone else for the job. Too much competition out there right now. I will let them know once a job offer comes my way. I am praying for this opportunity. Please say a little prayer tonight for me, I figure he'll answer one them.

Maria, one of my random meals was non-fat refried Beans with cheese and taco sauce. I got really tired of everything else and it hit the spot!

ohh I love Beans especially rosarita! but I think I only have traditional..oh wait I made fresh beans yesterday. that's what I'll eat tomorrow. I'm sipping on my protien shake now and leaving some so that I can still sit with the guys at dinner. thanks Heather!

Oh my. I just mindlessly ate as I sat here looking at Candra's photos (good looking fam Candra!) - my chewable calcium! Oh no I think I must have eaten like 8 of them . . . the bottle says 6 calories and 1 carb each, but at least it does not say anything like "in case of accidental dosage" or "do not exceed recommended dosage!" I had already taken 1 in the a.m. so I only planned to take 1 more . . . just goes to show you, fat habits die hard!

Is Calcium constipating? Maybe I have been doing this more often than I thought, the bottle sure looks low!!

He answers all prayers Maria! But I believe in the power of group prayer too, so you got it :-)

OMG Riley you weirdo! There's no way I could accidently eat too much of my Calcium, they're not that tasty! What kind do you take? Maybe it's time to start swallowing your calcium and not do the chewables? Or get one of those 7 day Vitamin thingies and put a calcium and a multi in each one. (that's what i do) You crack me up!