Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

tamra, I think you're asking the wrong question. It doesn't matter why people say unnecessary things - the question you need to find the answer and solution to is "why do you let it affect you" you can't control other people all you can do is control you and your actions. People only treat you the way you let them so tell her to quit or cut her out of your life - it's that simple. you ladies on here are the only friends I hang with. I have 4 other friends outside of here that I know would support me but their lifestyles are too much for me to handle so I come around on an as needed emergency basis!

oh, and the extra skin is nothing like the RNY people. this is a slower, more natural process and your skin has time to shrink with you - yes, there will be some but that is true no matter how you lose the weight. Is she telling you to stay fat forever so you don't have a little extra skin at the bottom of your tummy! I have it now from my past weight loss - I went down from 272 - Im not banded and it's there already!!

I have a goal to hit by Halloween, I will do this with you Chris! I want to be what it says on my driver's license, 168!! That's uhm . . . .too much, like 16 lbs. or something

OH! BART STRIKE AVERTED! Jes, turn on the news!!

Tamra girl!! I think you should get some counseling or come to some of our support groups.............you need to a change to process all this, all the changes..........this is an intense process and no shame in getting all the help you can!!

There is nothing EASY about lap band surgery!! This has been the hardest, scariest, most overwhelming at time decision I have made..........and yet this is by far my greatest accomplishment besides my daughter..........but I am going to counseling myself off and on .........and I took an anger management class recently..........trying to cover all my bases..........but this is HARD stuff............right ladies??

Biggest thing I have learned so far is to ask for help and to not be to proud to accept it...............and to be open and honest about my life............even the hard stuff that is easier to hide sometimes.............cause we want other people to still think the "best of us"..............

Thank you Dr. Baggs and Robin for teaching me to accept help again this week and to learn when to say give and trust someone else to help and make decisions for me, even when I stubbornly stick to the idea that I can solve things by myself and don't need to ask for help............still learning this stuff myself!! GEtting better at it though..........

Heavy people usually are the helpers for everyone else. WE feel guilty or think we don't deserve to ask for help for ourselves...............Thanks Donna for helping me figure this one out this week!! Donna is a true teacher!!! Love that lady!!! :-)

Thanks everyone!!

Do you know when the next class is @ Richmond by any chance?

It would be hard to cut her, we have been friends since about 15, but she is VERY negative. she has alot of issues and is dealing with alot now, but I never EVER throw her stuff into her face like she does me. *shrugs*......

I will look into some counsling as well...and I do have extra skin, always have around my tummy, i dont CARE!! What I care about is being healthy and around for my baby. even if (and when i do) get to 160, i wouldnt show my body off with skimpy clothes....why am i sitting here makin excuses for her??? LOL...

whatever! where is the class again SAT? and what time? I have a church function @ I believe 11 am in Vallejo.

Sorry, Girl but your friend just doesn't get it and that annoyed me for a moment - I'm over it! but I agree with Tina 100% YOU NEED SUPPORT.

Sorry, Girl but your friend just doesn't get it and that annoyed me for a moment - I'm over it! but I agree with Tina 100% YOU NEED SUPPORT.

its okay lol she upset my other friends when i told them also.....thanks for listening :)

Richmond is the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month. 6 - 7:30. conference rooms C1, C2 & C3. I will go with you if you want - Jes goes to one of those too! Lets plan it for the 3 of us to go to the very next one - you two ladies down for that?

yes please lets go!!

Riley NOT 50 miles in one week!!! LMAO!! I meant by Halloween...........oh Riley you are killing me here?? Should I aim higher??? :-P

An Riley I went though 6 years of college and grad school to learn to be nice and to say things in a way that can "reach people's ears" LOL. But for me personally I like and respond best to your approach!!! LOL. That is why MY EAR can hear............tough love!!

Tamra I will say one more thing than leave you alone. This is the second time you have let someone else affect your eating habits in a short period of time (your boss last week?)..........you need to think about this and deal with it or the lap band won't work for you...........but here is the secret your already stronger for just making the decision to go forward.......and your being open and honest about your "stuff" by posting...........your reaching out. All signs of strength and growth..........Girl your on a roll!!!

Just think the more weight you lose the more of a fight the people around you will put up........when they realize your strong and won't change for them.........they will change with your or drift away.......most likely drift away but I have had a few people stick it out with me.......

Edited by swrktp

Ok ladies I ate three small pieces of pizza........not feeling bad about it yet but let me count the calories. I was at 600 today before that...........ah everything is going down just fine thank you!!! and I am back to thinking about food again.........darn it, darn it, darn it............

I think I need peace and serenity and a 12 step group...... cause I am having a hard time accepting 2cc's of help from Dr. Baggs!!! I wanted to accept only .5cc's of help!! Can you ask for help and than tell someone how much help to give ya?? I did try to argue it a bit and he laughed but didn't budge!! ****God grant me the power to change the things I can, the courage to accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to the difference between the two--chanting to myself rather loudly*******Maybe I still have some control issues???

Riley I miss my sweet spot.........i was fine with 2 meals a day and not thinking about food at all. (except for the fact I worried I was not eating enough!) Had to remind myself to eat........granted a PB or two a day........don't miss that but do miss the not being hungry and not obsessing about food all day........

Edited by swrktp

Who's going to be at the Point West support meeting this Saturday? I am going to be there - need to see my girls.

I too am seeing a therapist - went every two weeks for four visits and now I am waiting a month to see how I do on my own - see her again on August 28.

I need to e-mail Dr. Im to see when my next appt is - he told me 2 mths when I saw him on Jun 25, but I don't see any appts scheduled for me on-line. I have lost 11 lbs since I saw him on June 25 - not sure if I want a small fill or not - definitely not feeling any restriction today at all - I was even able to eat half a piece of meat pizza for dinner.< /p>

Tamra I will say one more thing than leave you alone. This is the second time you have let someone else affect your eating habits in a short period of time (your boss last week?)..........you need to think about this and deal with it or the lap band won't work for you...........but here is the secret your already stronger for just making the decision to go forward.......and your being open and honest about your "stuff" by posting...........your reaching out. All signs of strength and growth..........Girl your on a roll!!!

Just think the more weight you lose the more of a fight the people around you will put up........when they realize your strong and won't change for them.........they will change with your or drift away.......most likely drift away but I have had a few people stick it out with me.......

your not bothering me at all, i love the advice!! i need it right about now, thats why i came stright here :)

i will get passed it, another hump in life!!!