Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'm having a weird sensation . . . I ate 1/2 cup of eggbeaters for breakfast, and now almost an hour later I am slowly feeling more full than when I finished eating the eggs! Weird. You girls with restriction, do you get this?

Dudette Tamra, I TOTALLY go to iHop! There is one a mile away from me and my boys love to go. You can get eggs (or eggbeaters) or an omlette, ask for the potatoes on a separate plate and give them away at your table! I never did like pancakes so iHop goodies don't really tempt me - except the crepes, those tempt me! But the good feeling of sitting there smiling, after I have eaten only what's on my diet, drinking my Decaf and watching my hoover boys polish off everything is SO much better than eating Syrup :-)

Riley thats the problem there, I dont eat eggs PERIOD lol...

Yow, no eggs that must be hard to eat Breakfast out much at all . . . . jeez what do you DO? Oh but you eat meat so you got some choices . . you could get ham I guess but I would SO want to drown that in syrup!! No pancakes tho, I never ever liked them. Waffles yes :-) Weird huh? So is there a better choice for breakfast with the 'laws? We have this place here called KCs downtown grill, on the Windsor Town Green it is a BLAST and a big group of us go almost every Saturday for breakfast, the portions are SO big I can split a plate with someone, let them take all the potatoes and toast, and STILL not be able to finish my half of a half - and thats before the band! Wildly huge but the boys love it. They have 7 kinds of potato pancakes, OMG OMG OMG it is HEAVEN. But I digress . . . . when I was on my pre-op diet and eating meat I would seriously order a side of ham and a side of gravy and EAT it UP . . . and be full all afternoon from the fat!! I tried being good and just having a burger patty and tomatoes, but everyone felt sorry for me if I didn;t have gravy! It's a weakness, ~sigh~

Riley i love the"hoover boys" That made me laugh:D

Tamra, wow you dont like eggs? ?? This is going to be a little hard for you to go out and eat then, a LOT of self control. Because like riley i do an omelet or scrambled eggs when im at a bfast place, because its hard to find a Protein item on their menus that isnt covered in gravy.. What are you eating for Breakfast currently??? It is very hard to eat out with the band and make the right choices.. but post surgery pancakes wont reallly tempt you because for some reason with the band, you will gain easilier lol.

I am serious.. anyone else feel this way? I feel if i screw up one day its like im done for a week.. Even if i go back to being a good girl, the wieght just sits there... does NOT budge.

PEtaluma walk, did we pick a date??

Morning Ladies! I think I've finally broken the plateau! I have lost 50 lbs.

Congrats Heather!!!! I was looking at your ticker last night and told myself I need to comment on it. Now it's down 2 more pds (see I remember)

I'm not much of an egg person either. I can totally due with out them. My thing is I usually don't do traditional breakfast. I mean I can have nachos for breakfast my stomach doesn't care. Lately I've been having my Protein Shake though ( I know I'm not supposed to) I also do turkey bacon or ham.

Ok I'm off to do my walk... I think I'm doing liquids today just to make sure I'm light tomorrow. :lol:

Riley hmm............I feel really full for awhile after I eat. But not sure it starts later. I will have to see after I eat when the full really starts to kick in.

Right now I am full from drinking water!! LOL. But this is the breakfast routine. I have to wait awhile after getting up to eat!! I guess I wake up full. It takes me awhile to get in my Water in first thing. But I think the water loosens up the band or so I tell myself so I drink two waters that takes a couple of hours than I can try to eat.

Riley you might tighten up more. For me I come home after the last fill to feeling really full and it hasn't let up.

I can't go tighter unless the weight falls off me more. I am keeping my August appointment for now becuase I might lose restriction but if a couple of days before I am still at the same spot I don't think I need to go this time. Unless I have to get an unfill which I would rather die than do!! LOL!!

Riley so you are at5.5cc's now??

Heather you are more than halfway there!! Yea!!

Email Dr. Fischer for a check in and see what he says.

Tamra I don't really like eggs either but I eat them once in awhile. Usually when I am att resterants. I can eat them scrambled only. I don't know why but they whole it could have been a chicken things grosses me out!! But I cook with them no problem.........

Jes tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow...........please post as soon as you can!! I will be checking the forum for your surgery date tomorrow. I bet you and Candra will be close together.

Candra are you getting excited!! I am excited for you.

Marie you going in to weigh this week? Serious it seems like we go for surgery in waves. NIcole, Chris and I were all very close together.

Tamra you survived spaghetti factory?? I love that place but don't dare touch Pasta or bread anymore. Gets stuck. And who want to go for just a salad!!

Well off to go school shopping with MIchaela. Can't believe she starts high school in a week.

Congrads Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take exactly?

Yes laides I don't eat eggs PERIOD. Nicole currently for breakfast I eat cottage cheese and sometimes some turkey sausages on the side, with lots of Water. BTW I added ya on Facebook.< /span>

Riley I dont eat plain pancakes either, it's usually waffles. But at I hop it's nut and grain pancakes lol....:lol:

yes I lived thru spagetti factory....salad...who knows how bad the dressing was

Tamra you went to spaghetti factory and only had a salad? ? Oh you are my hero I still ate spaghetti factory pre op.............not often but my favorite resterant.

cottage cheese!! Yuck I won't touch that!! Not sure if the eggs are any better but they go down. ALthough I haven't tried eggs since that day at Mimi's when I was out with everyone...............

Ok well almost have my Water down. Gonna try to eat soon................I am thinking protien shake today!! I really, really need to up the protien today...........

Congratulations Heather! Woot! You totally rock girl, I am proud of you like crazy!!!

Petaluma walk we can do anytime, I wanted to do it this month but Reggie's party is Saturday and I will be in Oregon with my dad the following weekend . . so I guess we could do next Sunday the 16th? Maybe at noon, so folks have a chance to go to church in the AM?

I am moved to tears by this, and it is SO TRUE!!! No matter how much weight we lose, if we do not see ourselves as beautiful it is all for nothing! Operation Beautiful

It is too hot to walk outside today, I did a mile and a half and came back home! But I have no air conditioning so its too hot to lay around too, LOL so I am going to go to the mall, but some really cute post-its at the Hallmark store, and do Operation Beautiful!!!

I am very happy that I like cottage cheese AND eggs! But I rarely eat breakfast food for breakfast, Robin was like, "you had ginger and peanut tofu for BREAKFAST??" And I'm like, yeah so? I also love chili with cheese for breakfast, lentils with veggie sausage, tacos, pizza (my favorite but can't do the crust anymore), basically any lunch or dinner food except salad - I just cannot abide salad for breakfast!!

Oh girls do you know what else I have never done walk-wise that I've always wanted to do? Walk across the Golden Gate! Anybody up for doing that one weekend?

OH do you know what else would be fun, taking the ferry over to Angel Island to hike!! Make a whole day out of it, picnic out there - the kids would love it!

OMG Tina, the restriction is starting to settle in already! I was downstairs making spaghetti sauce - actually just soy crumbles with some jarred pomodoro sauce, really really thick - and was tasting it as I heated it up on the stove, "tasted" about 4 bites and - I felt it before I even got it heated up! Not stuck, just full in my pouch (not my stomach). So like it's only going to hold like 2 tablespoons? really? I can't survive on that! I think I'm starting to feel your pain!!! You and Nicole's - nicole if I ate shrimp, I would not be able to eat a whole one now!

It took me a week after the last fill to really feel it, let's hope that this one is just settling in more quickly and I won't actually get tighter than this! This came on suddenly . . . . :cool: