Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

ok back from my meeting just in time to go home.

The decafe skinny latte is off the hook!! thank you, I so needed that treat.

Ok so tonight is our big party for my son, Candra I'll be checking back in before I go to bed on what happend today. I don't know why I'm getting nervous.

Tamra, that's too bad! Dr. Zimmerman totally helped me realize that I WAS ready, she was great therapy for me! But I am SOOO glad you have Dr. Baggs - we just love him! He is SO positive and supportive, you WILL suceed, and he'll tell you that! It's not "if" with him, it's "when." And what does it tell you when the support staff like him? That says a LOT to me. YAY! Now turn on your afterburners, girl!! Get your excercise on!!!

YOu will like Dr. Baggs he is great!! He has suddenly gotten very popular!! I agree he is nothing but positive and honest. And he gets right back to you when you email him. Very on top of stuff.

I am gonna try to get in next week. I want .25 of this fill out. I barely ate today and I don't think this is right. I can't eat a 1/4 cup anymore. I only 2-3 bites of anything and half the time that doesn't stay down. I decided driving home today after three attempts at lunch that I am to tight. I will ask him what he thinks. I don't want the whole fill out but just a tiny bit so I can get in 1/4 a cup!! LOL. I am having a hard time deciding but I want to see what he think. If is only 14 days till the next fill appointment and I bet I could wait. But some days I think I can't wait that long.......

Budget...........the whole meeting was about how they can't say anything until the 20th because they don't want to create panic. They know..............I told them just throw it out there that is only fair to those of us on the list but they were firm.............they won't tell us anything but there will be layoffs the end of September and it will be bad. Geez they know they need to tell......why bother with a meeting.

Candra!!!! Post something!! Want to know the details!!

Ok, Ladies - Piece of cake!

Jes, she didn't really ask me any questions. She looked over my test and where it asked about coconut I just put a question mark because I didnt see it in the binder - all she said was that I can't have it - she wanted to know what meds I was on and said I can't have excedrine anymore (which I already knew).

told her I was part of this group and she said I was ready. she made two appts for me - ordered some labs and told me to get my depo shot on the 11th and scheduled my surgery date for:

SEPTEMBER 14TH!

Hey, did any of you have to take a pregnancy test first? I have to do that and this is the first I've heard of it

Oh, and I weighed in at 201.4, then chugged a huge amount of water! On the way home I stopped at KFC and got a grilled chicken breast.

Hey, Riely Jane - two things

1. Liz said she wants to do the walk in petaluma with us??

2. where the heck are those pics of you in your new dress??

forgot to mention too that she said no more C25K for me either - I'm too fat for that - once i get off another 30lbs she said i can restart it - she doesn't want me injuring my knees - LOL

Congrats Candra, you are on your way to bandism!!! YAY! What is this C25K? I must have missed that bus!

When is the petaluma walk?? I don't think I even know that!! Not sure I can get all the way over there but maybe.

Ah Candra I am excited for you!! That will fly by. Yep I did the pregnancy test too. I thought it was funny cause I was so NOT pregnant. I talked to much and laughed at the lab tech when he asked if I was pregnant!! LOL. If you need anything................let me know.

When is your pre op? Start listening to your pre op CD when you get it. It helps with nerves alot!! I even had it playing in surgery which I think Dr. Baggs thought was funny..........he kept asking if he was talking to loud!! I was out before I answered him...............

Well off to the store. My daughter needs more toilet paper!! LOL. She is driving me crazy......we are down to two rolls and it apparently is a panic situation!!

Ah Nicole Auds is almost 2 this is normal!!! Terrible twos!!

C25K!! I am to fat for that too!! I did hurt my knee!! So glad Liz veto'd that. I will again in another 30 pounds. WHich with my current eating habits could happen anytime soon..............barely ate today.

Protien shakes are my back up when nothing stays down!!

Protien shake 1/2

Wheat thins: Yep 16 down the hatch no problem at lunch

L: tried salad. no go

Baked potatoe. no go

D: Ice cream 1/4 cup and it went down just fine.

I was tired of trying to keep food down today and

calories are NOT problem today.

But I am eating slider out of frustration so I need to talk to Dr. Baggs this is not right. I need to keep 1/4 cup down at least right??

Thanks, Tina - will I get the CD at my class? That's on 9/3. I have a physical with Dr. Fisher on 8/31 - hmmmm! What more do they need to check out on me - so what can I expect from the physical?

Reggie, the C25K is short for couch to 5k - it is a 9 week program to get your ass off the couch and up to running 5k in 9 weeks. Sadly, I'm to fat to run :ohmy:

Candra, the pre-op class is called Rny but it is for both. I totally paniced about that! Then 1/2 the class was lap-band, yay!

Lets pick a Saturday or a Sunday for the Petaluma walk, and we'll make sure Liz gets an invite! I am gone in Oregon the 22nd and 23rd, but other than that I'm good! I have monthly soppurt group 2nd saturday, you guys have it in sacto when? The 3rd saturday? How about Saturday August 29th? Santa Rosa marathon is Aug 30th, I am signed up for 1/2 marathon then . . . . or Sat. Sept. 5? If we figure it out by Friday am I can tell Liz when I go down there Friday PM.

Wow, i was going to start the C25k today! I had knee problems when I was in high school, so I'm not trying to hurt these suckers! I guess it's walking those 5ks for me!

I could get together tomorrow if it's still on the table. I'd love to do the Petaluma walk too!

Oh Candra Tina is right, totally start listening to the CD now! You can download it for your ipod here for free Healthy Living To Go Audio Library

it's the one called "successful surgery". my son says it's hypnosis cause I would get SO relaxed when I listened to it! But me right to sleep too, even in surgery :-)