Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Riley, thanks for the critique and boy the pastries taste so good. My friend makes them from scratch, however I will put the breaks on them. Today no snacking for me. My scale was generous to me today I lost 1.5lbs even with the pastries :tongue2:. I will add fruits and veggies, I am still in stage IV, I can't have a whole lot of fruits. Robin did increase my Protein intake to 1/2 cup instead of 1/4c last week after I begged Dr.Park for a fill. She obviously did not budge, in a way it's good because i am being held accountable and having to learn to live with the band. I hope you get to feel your band restriction soon, the good thing is that the berries you ate are not an overkill as my pastries:laugh:.

Way to go Tina, 5 lbs is good considering you were pondering forever. You go! I'm trying to lose 10lbs before my next visit with Dr.Park in three weeks.

Nicole, Reugla is a form of pastry with jelly and nuts as filling, they are so good! Don't try them. You can bring the Nut tree products when we meet at my place. Do you ladies want to do a Friday or Saturday afternoon? Next weekend I'm free, so please let me know.

Hi Ladies,

So today is day 3 of this stupid headache! I hate having to take maxalt in the morning because I'm sluggish all day.

Sorry Donna, I can't do lunch this week - maybe next week - you know Im available on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.

Reggie - When is the get together at your place?

I had a nice day yesterday - got to hang with Nicole, Auds & Mike. My husband and I went to lunch with them after Nicole & I went shopping - wait till you guys see her in her cute little outfit - skinny jeans - woo hoo!

Nicole - Auds is fine - she is a typical toddler! Ok, so it's obvious that she doesn't feel great right now but screw that lady and her funny looks! You do what feels right for you and your kid! I say, let her amuse herself as long as she is safe. It's not like she was running around the restaurant or anything - she was in the booth!

So, I really want a coffee this morning! But I'm not having anything till after I get weighed in - wich isn't till 2:30 - grrr! Got my binder and am ready for Liz - not nervous at all, just want to hurry and weigh in so I can have something to eat/drink.

Jes - I will post the whole experience as soon as I get home!

Candra, I was thinking either next friday evening or the Saturday late afternoon. You guys let me know which day and time works best for everyone.

Hope your headache feels better!!

Reggie have fun in Reno I went last year fro hot august..so much fun!! girl be careful at the buffets they will sneak up on ya..also so will the tequila's. LOL

LADIES-Sorry I havent posted in a long time..I am very bad at that. I am so excited I lost 6lbs. I met goal but I gave myself untill next week to weigh in adn get my blood work and EKG done before calling Liz. Nothing more to share here but I have a question what is slime and pb'ing sorry if I sound dumb but I 'm not up on the bandster terminology yet.

have a wonderful day ladies..I'll check in later.

Maria

Oh goodie lots of my pretty ladies are on now!!! :-)

Tina good luck to you hunny - let me know how the budget meeting goes. They are saying NOTHING here, there are recruiting for a new CAO so I suppose they are going to leave it up to him or her . . but it will be months! They have warned us of mid-year layoffs but have not told us of any priorities . . I'm sure my division is NOT a priority

Morning Ladies!

Congrads on the loss Maria.

Man I really feel like I got the $hit end of the stick getting Dr. Fisher :tt2: why couldn't I get someone who made me loose 10 lbs or 15 lbs....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am majorly pms'ing today LOL sorry ladies.

And I am calling to change my surgeon...any advise as to how I word this??? :tongue2:

Tamra, if you want to change simply call and say that you met with Dr. Fisher and do not feel comfortable with him, and would like to meet with another surgeon. You do not have to say any more than that. If they ask just say it's a feeling, nothing particular. They will respect that - lots of folks have changed from him. If they ask if there is a particular surgeon you want, then you have to make a choice! When they asked me who I wanted I said Baggs or Im, they said "we have an appt with Dr. Fisher tomorrow," I said no I'll wait for Dr. Baggs, and they were perfectly fine with that.

Edited by riley4183

BUT. You should know before you change that it is doubtful that another surgeon will change your pre-surgery goal weight that Dr. Fisher gave you - it is reasonable and I'm sure based in physical reasons. If it was 70 lbs or 90 lbs they might change it, but 35 ain't unreasonable. I had to lose 30, even for Dr. Baggs. So if THAT is really why you want to change, it's not worth it. If it's cause you feel uncomfortable with him, which you've expressed, then for Pete's sake change! You need to feel 100% comfortable with your lap-band surgeon :-)

Can I invite myself???? I want to meet everyone.
Everyone is invited Maria. I will send my adress via email to all. Just let me know what time is good for you all.

yeah he is nice but something inside is bugging me...I can't put my finger on it.

Do I have to meet with the new one if I change? Or can I continue loosing and meet with them later?

Tamra, Riley is right if it is the goal weight that you need to change I doubt if that will happen by getting another Dr. However if you it is a gut feeling then by all means change. I'm not sure whether you will have to meet the new doc or you meet him/her at your next visit which will be your final pre-op visit. You can lose 30+lbs in no time I did it in less than 2 months.

I am cracking up!! I dont know who Annabelle is but she was sooo nice, she said "Girl, you are not the first to call and change Drs, and you damn sure won't be the last" I laughed so hard my boss looked at me!! Then she said who do you want? I said Dr. Baggs or Park...she whispers "Dr Baggs is the BEST, I will put you with him ok?" I said ok!! She is suppose to call me back.

I dont want to change the amount I need to loose, the 30 lbs is fine. I just want to feel secure with who is doing this to me.

Congratulations Maria! Me you and Jes are all up for surgery dates - woo hoo!

Tamra & Heather up next!

Heather, how you doing? You surviving the plateau AND school LOL

Tamra - I agree with Riley - it is doubtful that another surgeon would overide a surgeons decision. I had to lose 30lbs too. It will go fast if you stay on track - you have to be disciplined!! HARD. I KNOW!!! but the surgery is just a part of this - you will continue to have to work HARD! Just read these posts - sometimes these ladies are starving - even with the band - but have to stay on track to lose the weight! I still worry that I will be a lap band failure - I'm already a weight watchers and Jenny Craig drop out LOL

Tina - hows it going? What happened with Jury duty??

Hang in here ladies - I know these layoffs and the economy are scary but we have noplace to go but up from here!!!!!!!!