Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Chris Fitness 19 is an ok gym, the ones in sac dont have a pool or showers or anything but for the money they are great, i signed when it was 9 a month, so i loved it. BUT, check into their personal trainers. That is who i got all mine done thru, for like 20 a session. VERY cheap, and Really does help get to goal.

Must, since i lost 31 lbs in 1 month when i was going to them....

Okay girls! The goldfish are now under lock and key (actually I had hubby hide them, lol...kinda like I had him to with the scale!) I'm gonna focus on Protein, protein, protein today and see just how few carbs I can eat.

We're going swimming at the pool today and I'm gonna swim some laps while we're there to mix up the exercise. There's a new gym opening up here called Fitness 19 and I signed up during their pre-opening special for only $12 a month!!! They open September 15th and I'm excited to have another option available for exercise besides the stuff I have at home. My mom, 2 sisters and best friend also signed up so we can all meet there while all the kids are in school. I think I'm gonna like this all day kindergarten thing! I can't believe Sophie's school starts in a week and a half...that's NUTS!

Oh tina, i hope you feel better. Yeah i think what it is, is just a sugar overload. Because it sits in our pouch and goes into our system. I hear with RNY it is like they are dieing, literally. So yeah im glad i didnt go that route. It also could be caused by not being able to eat more solid foods?? and then having the sugar on top??

Hugs girl hope you feelin better!

Good Morning ladies - Whew - just got caught up on all the posts I missed - so much to try to remember to respond to!

Nicole - First of all - FYI - almost everybody on my Facebook is family (blood & inlaws) NONE OF THEM KNOW I'M GETTING BANDED SO MUMS THE WORD! I am really, really praying for Mike extra this time - I would so so so love to have you in Vallejo!! YEAH!! So I've never heard of this Cricut thing so I need to check it out - I'd pay to learn how to use it! Got your message - will be waiting for your call around 4 or so!

Donna, how was the concert? So sad I got stuck in Vacaville all night but that was my last Saturday helping my friend!!!!!! 3 in a row is enough - I was hoping to hook up with you for a minute while you were hear but I didn't get back to the V till 10:45 pm - :biggrin:.

Go Tamra with our 2x Girl! We all have "bad" days so don't worry about it - just be sure to pick yourself up and start over as soon as you realize you've messed up! This is a LEARNING process for all of us! I honestly believe that is the reason they make us lose weight first - so that we can honestly decide if we can do this for the rest of our lives! Can't wait to see photos in your new sun dresses! - and congrats on your weight loss!

Heather - PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU FIND THAT WAND - I'd love to borrow it! So, you'e hit one of those wonderful plateaus! Have you tried cutting the carbs for a few days to jump start it?

Riley, if you don't mind me asking - what happened to your ex? It sounds so tragic and sad! My parents were both screwed up - drugs & alcohol though, not so tragic - anyway, as they got more and more irresponsible they lost ALL our photos between moving and not paying for storage! anyway, I was able to get a few childhood pics from family and friends of my parents. I'm probably real late on this one (haha) but have you tried that? OH, and I LOVE, love Sudoku! I have it on my computer at home and at work I play it on websudoku.com. It really keeps my mind occupied at night!

Tina - how you doing girlfriend? I hate that you're having such a hard time! Hope it gets better soon - Jury duty? sounds fun LOL How are things at work going - any news?

Yeah, Maria - you like Dr. Baggs - I think it really helps with you like your surgeon!

I know there was something else I wanted to say - darn it! I forgot - Grrr!

Oh, yeah - Christine - back away from the goldfish! Carbs are ment to be addicting - they have sugar in them! Sugar is sososo addicting and that's why they put it in EVERYTHING - to make you want more! I've even found it in some brands of Garlic Salt! some type of chemicle thing in the brain - they did a story on it on MSMBC.

Tamra - try this for Breakfast - I love it!!

Yeah Nicole, I was thinking of trying out a trainer. The monthly cost is so cheap it totally justifies the cost of a trainer. The one here doesn't have any pool, hot tub, showers or locker rooms...that's why they said they're able to be so cheap. I like that they have a Curves-like circuit. I LOVED Curves...can't wait for them to open!

I'm gonna start posting my food here again! I got lazy and wasn't eating the best stuff and didn't want to post it, but I'm back on the wagon in every way today! I haven't seen many of you posting it either...wanna all start back up this evening with our daily food journal?

Good Mon Morn, Lovely Ladies!!!

WOW! Yesterday was a blast! A lil sore, back and throat (I am such a groupie...band groupie, hehe!) 20,009 steps!!!!

I had to just walk around the house a lil last nite, just to make it the full 20000 yesterday. The Newsboys were just incredible, we got the VIP bands and sat in the very front row! Our pictures and videos are great, a few sigs too! Oh, I got a drum stick too, Duncan was breaking them l and right!

Those guys know how to put on a show, my 3 guyz really enjoyed them too! They started the show with a local Christian rapper, he did well, 'Transparent'.

Ok, did the Medusa first, then Velocity and the Logger...screaming the whole time for such a blast. I had such a cool time with me hubby and 2 sons, so glad I had the stamina to last the whole day, could NOT have done this trip in the past several years, now I can with the band!!!

Candra honey, you are up! Jes thinking lots bout u, Heather u are doing incredible wanna hear what Doc says bout the loss! Tamra, keep on movin towards that goal, and Maria, its gonna happen soon!

REGGIE woman, where are you? Doing ok? Don't get all quiet on us, I know what that meant for me..CALL me if need to! TINA, still thinking bout u, the news today is just ugly, and all our city/state workers. Work that band! RILEY, are u now a 'wedding coordinator'? lol CHRIS like that name 'carbicide', will watch those! NICOLE, work the Marine World! Go girl! PAM, you go good momma! CANDI...we missin you! Sorry if missed anyone, lovely lurkers, join us!

P.S. Heather, I like yo ramblin! hehehe Have a good day all!

OH I am fine today. Just can't do the sugar thing I guess. But hey if sugars is addicting anyway than it is all good!! LOL. I just realized last night I don't eat the same way as before surgery and my stomach is not used to it anymore. I bet diet coke would do me in too..................

My bad for eating the ice cream!!

Today I am fine again. Back to the yogurt and made lentils for later...........thinking about salad too!!!

I think your right Nicole it sits in the pouch for awhile and all the sugar does something to your system...................

I saw someone with RNY get dumping and it was really, really bad........................

I haven't been eating alot so I haven't been posting but I need to. I think I need to get more food in and quite tiptoeing around my band.

Donna what is the news today?? I am in jury duty just waiting.......what have your heard?

Hi girls,

Candra: Oh yes i know the MUM word.. lol you can ask tina, i dont say anything about banded on mine either, Only my close friends and CLOSER family lol members know, meaning only 2 family members.. sad i know.

I dont want peoples negativite comments, they already have enough to say about my husbands job life and my kid so i dont need it.

I would join a gym again but i found i went really strong for 3 months then id miss a day and well we all know what happens then. Its easier to do it on my own, come winter though that could be WAY different..

Candra also, ill have Cricut with me....... tonight.... lol. Yeah im addicted. Mike said i can get the big one once he finds he has a job... lol, so for now i get to play with the Personal one. But the inlaws are buyin the biggie.. today. It is a pricey lil machine, in 2 days ive spent 60 already and i dont even own one! I bought the sticky cutting paper, and some paper, and one cartridge (winnie the pooh and friends) markers etc. Now im bidding on tinkerbell.

Well we are running out the house so i cant finish this.. so ttyl.

Last I heard on Friday is that there will be layoffs on September 10, 2009. That is when the BOS goes back to discuss the budget. 200 CPS workers is the estimate but it could be worse I don' know yet...................funny thing is the grand jury report said we needed to hire 110 more CPS workers to keep kids safe. With the economy and all the child abuse reports are going through the roof right now.......instead of hiring more we are cutting CPS in half. Kids are gonna die because of all of this and we all know it............I know alot of workers were might leave on their own because they don't want the liability.................

What we heard is that the sheriffs office is taking another 11 million and that comes out of CPS budget so my guess is that they will have to start doing some of the social work in the Sacramento area or else things are gonna get bad really quick.....................we are already carrying caseloads that are 4x over the federal limitations. That will quickly become 6-8X and with no overtime or CTO allowed.............well even if we worked 24/7 it would never be enough help for all the kids out there that need it......

Having said that I have no idea what is going on with layoffs. I do know that there are about 320 people under me if you count underfills...........but if you count only my classification that i am 121 and will be laid off. No one will talk right now. They county is being very hush, hush about the plans. They are afraid people will start using up their sick time if they announce layoffs right now...........they want to get their money's worth for work before they lay people off...........

Crazy world!!

Edited by swrktp

Yucko Tina! I guess you're done testing your limits for a while, eh??

I would have done that with ice cream too, even before surgery - never a temptation for me - I know how BAD that intestional cramping hurts!!!

I can eat anything today. -sigh -

yea I have no idea why I felt the need to eat ice cream and two scoops at that!! I don't even really like it but it was hot yesterday and I ate a piece of veggie pizza too............but it was thin crust so..............I know it was the ice cream.

Just darn it I had to get up and work today (jury duty) so I couldn't have call in sick after going to bed at 3am.

Feeling fine today. Took 20 minutes to eat my yogurt this morning but I like knowing my band is there. So far 2 wheat thins and a yogurt...............afternoons it loosens up so I can eat a bit more as the day goes on...............

I am thinking in an hour or so I will be able to have some salad. Pam so strange cause even with it this tight I still can eat salad. Thank God for that cause I really need my salads!!

Having a good day so far.

I guess our bands and bodies are all different. I can eat ice cream and not have any problems at all - sadly. I had a laughing cow cheese wedge this morning with about 6 wheat thins for breakfast plus 5 cherries (actually ate 6, but that was one too many and it came up), just ate 6 Sun chips on the way back from Walmart but that is only 70 cals. I have 1/2 c zuchini with mushrooms and shrimp that I just heated up, but I am gurgling after the first bite so I need to wait a while. The Sun Chips must have filled my pouch. I guess that is why we have to eat our Protein first -