Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi All, I hope you Ladies had a wonderful weekend. I had a lousy weekend in that I was/am in BandsterHELL right now. for the past couple of days I have been able to eat anything and any amount so long as I give my pouch a few minutes to empty down. So once more I call on you ladies to hepl. What do I do in this phase, I am not due for a first fill for another 4 weeks and I feel like I am truly sabotaging myself:scared2::thumbup:. HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!! Also I can eat a whole watermelon by myself!:skep:

Welcome back Chris, I would love to meet next week, this week is pretty full for me.

Thursday for lunch works for me. Must have been a cookie week as I had about 5 chips ahoy Cookies on Friday. I'm not beating myself up about it though - this is a life long thing and I will have my ups and downs with eating.

Boy you gals stay up late. How do you get up the next day and go to work? I've been at work since 6:30 am and I am already sleepy and I went to bed at 9:30 last night.

I had one hard boiled egg cut up with mayo and mustard for Breakfast and I am gurgling already. Should have waited a while to eat, but my stomach was growling and making me crazy.

took awhile for your bandter hell to set in Reggie!! I think I would call for a sooner appointment!! Tell Dr. Parks you can eat anything and try to get in their earlier.

Ok well headed into work. Gonna be a really long week this week. End of the month and all my reports and final visit due by Friday. Arghh.........gonna be crazy!!

gonna eat when I get to work so I have time to let the tightness settled in.

I am up one .5 this morning so Cookies were not a good option ..........gotta throw them out of give them away today. My daughter makes them and won't eat them so they on the counter taunting me.................LOL.

Reggie, how many CCs do you currently have in your band? Will this be your 1st fill? Second?? When did you get your last fill??

OK, now.. dont get mad at me:( BUT, Girl, you are not supposed to be waiting for your pouch to empty to continue eating. IF you get a sense of 1/2 full or "i need to empty my pouch" Stop eating at that moment. Here is why, your pouch really isnt empty.. its just no longer stretched.. food cant just go thru it that fast unless all you are eating are sliders. which i doubt:D

So when you eat a few min after letting it "empty" you are hmm how can i put this, sabbotaging yourself.. and not letting your band work.....

We ALL could eat as much as we want when we want if we just wait a few min and let the band relax.. but we try to make an effort not to. Also, next time, dont see "how much can i eat" Just take the watermelon and cut it measure it and say thats all i get, slowly eat it, you can turn a 1 c experience into 35 min:) I am sure i could go eat a full watermelon also right now:D

All i am saying is measure or limit yourself on what you eat. If you feel you cant, go back to the basics do a day of full liquids...... that should reset the clock for ya:)

I miss ya girle! I have your wildtree order! ALSO, you are doing great!

This is a LIFE long process we all make mistakes, its just our job to try and control the mistakes:)

OH yeah and call your surgeon she will prob get you in sooner, but, the same problems will continue, cause you can always wait for your pouch to empty:D And even eat as much watermelon as ya want:D

I can eat a whole watermelon too........well the little personal watermelons. They go down easy. Watermelon is somewhat of a slider. I say that cause it does make me full for quite awhile if I eat the whole thing. The personal watermelons are about 4 cups of watermelon so about 80 calories. But I know it is a bad idea long term to eat so much of them.

Reggie hasn't had a fill yet!! She is still the same amount as surgery but she has lot a ton of weight. I bet the band is getting loose.

I wait 20 minutes when I eat. Cause the protien is hard to get and keep down. I have to eat a couple of bites let it settle and eat a couple more. The only way it will stay down and I need my protien. I figure if I can get it down in 20 minutes it is a meal and not sabatoege but I wonder if I should not be trying so hard to get the 1/4 cup down...........Hmmm.

Reggie I would call in and see about a sooner appointment. Might be you and might be the band. I think it is a combo since you have been so well.

Heather - there is a bariatric group that meets every Monday evening at Elk Grove Kaiser - it is labeled as a Gastric Bypass Group on the outside of the conference room door. I went to it once shortly after surgery and I was the only lapbander there. May have to try it again and see if there are more lapbanders now.

Good Morning Ladies!!

I am SO EXCITED for orientation tomorrow! They told me to arrive @ 7:15, and the class last until 12 pm. Did everyone elses? I asked why so long and they said they rolled the meeting with a nutritionist, the surgeon, and something else all into one now. Is that new?

Hope everyone is doing well!

See ya!

HOLY MOLY!

I just did week 4 day 1.. ok, that is hard. lol. I thought Im ready! Cause i was able to run on the treadmill for like 7 min on fri morning.. welllllll mygosh, i need to buy a treadmill, this c25k would be sooooo much easier.. no sun in my face, on my back... or running on grass and cobwebs.... so when we move thats my goal, i want a treadmill and not a cheap one those dont last...

Ok so on with my story, the 5 min walk piece of cake!!! 3 min run, did awesome didnt look at the time till 5 seconds till done.. then i get to walk 90 seconds... 90 SECONDS THATS ALL ARE YOU KIDDING LOL.. ok so then i run 5 min.. did fine, checked my clock around 4 min.. and made it to five without my heart going psycho... ok now i get to walk 2.5 min, ok thats fine. Time to run again... 3 min, im dead.

I check at 1 min 2 min and 2.5 and then 3 lol.. get to walk 90 seconds, ok now im pooped my heart is pounding, i didnt drink Water, big mistake, and im light headed, oh poooey.. dang that 90 seconds ended fast, well there is a lady and dog lets pass her first lol.. ok so after that 30 seconds i start a runing... decide im not gonna look down.. 3 min flys by even though im coughin etc.. ok min number 3-4 was the HARDEST.. im so close to the house, and i wanna stop but i keep going.. that min felt like an hour.. and a mile in itself.. 4:30 is when i stoped though cause i was home.

Wow, next time i am not wearing all black, and i am bringing some water. Foor goondess sake its only 70 degrees outside.. i had to come home down some water and take an ice cold shower.. I think i just am dehydrated...

I had to move on though cause im doing that 5k in 2 weeks.. and i wanna be in more shape then i am now..:crying:

Candra... hows your C25k going??? Christine i know you once started did you ever finish it?? Did it work???

Anyone else?

OH and the scale is moving again:) yay me:D lol not sure what i did to cause that one:)

Tina what calorie counter are you using, the reason i ask, remember last time how i told robin i ate a lot of watermelon, well she told me my calorie counting was off for it.... that one cup is about 50 calories, and thats in balls, so it is more like 3/4 c cubed... So 4 cups of watermelon would be closer to 200 cals.. AND i agree i loooove watermelon everyone knows its one of my staples:D The stupid hidden cals in it sucks. Also isnt it crazy it has carbs in it also.. i wonder if anything is carb free????

Wow no fills you go riley! Woot woot! Dancin time! :crying: Your band is probably loose... but still when my band was loose i could eat 2-3 cups of food in one breath no breaks.. how much are you eating??? Tina girl you are tight.. i totally understand why you are takin a break.. and i believe robin said its ok to take 20 min, but i believe reggie said she is eating quiet a bit more then 1/4 cup..... or even 1/2..? I could be wrong:D

I hope you can get in sooner.. btw i wanna see your skinny but!

Hey girls i have a pair of 16s and a pair of id say they fit 14s they say XL on the tag... anyone need them? The 16s are jeans from Fashion bug basically bran new, i believe they are the stretchy material, and the 14s are my brown capris, im sure youve seen me wear them...:thumbup: lemme know. Also anyone wearing shorts yet, i have a pair of 16 shorts.. that im gonna part with:( They are sooo comfy and i wore them from size 16 to just last weekend... but now i have went out and bought me some 10s and 12s to better fit.. so i guess i should rehome them:(

Tamra mine lasted till 11:45.. was supposed to go to 12. We saw the surgeon, the case manager, a nurse ( i think) and the nutrtionist.. So it sounds like the same:D

Have fun! DONT bring starbucks, or gum:D And dont dress light........

Okay why no Starbucks, fill me in LOL!

Someone told me to sneak and wear some weights, how horrible is that!! and I wont dress to light, I actually was going to, just to see how much I weigh but I catch your drift...

Wow Tamra, tomorrow is the big day! I brought Starbucks with me and nobody said anything. If they ask, just say it's black, Decaf coffee LOL. Once you are banded you CAN NOT have caffeine. It can cause ulsers and is an appitite stimulant. Don't chew gum because it can get stuck in your band and no straws because it causes you to suck in air and can stretch your band as carbonation can. So many rules! But worth giving up to be thin!

DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WON'T LET YOU IN!

Your Orientation sounds about the same as mine.

Nicole, save those 16s for Tina! No more 18s for that girl! Tina, when you're done with them you can pass them to me :crying: Then I'll give them to Heather or Tamra! Sisterhood of the traveleing band pants LOL

Ok sounds good:)

tamra at our orientation (me and riley) 3 people brought starbucks, and robin nutritionist got sooo mad. It threw her off and they ended up having to throw their coffee away... Also the girls chewing gum got to spit that out. You just never want the chance of being an example.. atleast i dont:)

I am so excited for you! I remember how nervous and excited i was for orientation! congrats girl!

OMG ok I am just bringing Water LOL!! I don't want to be made an example, I am too shy!!! Do you have to say your name or anything like they made me do at the info class? I was so red. I am horrible with public speaking.

I am soooo excited, I am scared how much weight I will need to loose. I seriously have gained 10 lbs these weeks I have been doing my good bye to food. I am worried I won't loose the weight like they want me too!