Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh my gosh did u get a name??? So you can do something about it???

Jeeze laides, you think there's some relation to being the underdog in the family and being fat LOL

Nicole, I highly doubt wild tree had anything to do with it too. It's a brand new card cuz my last one expired on 6/30 so I think that when I threw away the envelope and papers the new card came with, it forgot to shred it and someone got it. they shopped on line at kmart, old navy, virizon and ticket master (r. kelley tickets) glad they are having a good time hahaha. they spent about $1,500.

OMG this is horrible! Is she a Kaiser Patient??? If not this surgeon needs a lawsuit sounds like they just wanted to get her done to get the pay check. Tell her to get on here when she feels up to it and we can help her out. Or call me im always available..:wink2: poor thing

Welcome back, Pam!

I just got off the phone with Jessika/PnkPassion... she had her surgery on the 14th and just got home yesterday! She was in the hospital for 4 days - she got the band not RNY! she said she had a hard time breathing after the operation. She didn't have to lose any weight first and she felt like they didn't prepare her for anything, she has major gas and get this, she's drinking Water out of a straw! They didn't tell her not to drink out of straws! Poor baby! Ok, so she also got a letter from her insurance company saying the liver biopsy was denied.... she was unaware that a liver biopsy was being done. did any of you have that done during your surgeries??

Tina, Ur probably right, we eat to cover up our hurt & anger with our families. we can't turn to them so we turn to the kitchen! Grrr.

The breathing issues are a side effect with all surgeries unfortunately. Any time you go under. I didnt have any of those issues though..

a oh, I didn't know about the breathing issues. That's the last thing I need with my heart problems.

Nicole, you are the poster child for lap band - you don't have ANY of the problems. No, I didn't get a name yet, I have to talk to the business office when they open tomorrow.

Jessika doesn't have Kaiser, remember, she's in Virginia - so, what about the biopsy - anybody?

No biopsy here...

I have a problem, its called ability to eat whatever i want... i believe Christine also doesnt have any of the side effects.

I hope she feels better real soon!

Jes I had scarring on my lungs from a really bad case of pneumonia. I also couldn't do the spirometer thing very well so I sorta knew it was coming...............I panicked when I couldn't breathe and you know that makes it worse. I was the only one in the recovery room that had the problem so I think it is hit and miss..................I felt like an elephant was sitting on me...........well that was the band in me felt like an elephant I guess........but it got better pretty quick...........It hurt to breathe in deep and I was a wimp and didn't want to do it................my nurse was great she kept talking to me telling me to relax and slow down............I would still do it again becuase it was a short term thing it didn't last forever..........just the worst part for me......

Nicole is young and strong!! LOL. I am 38 and have had health issues............you can't totally judge by one person everyone handles it different..........I just got unlucky..........but still would do it again!!

Tina i feel so bad for you but it is so inspiring that with everything uve gone thru you still love your band.

OH and candra i did have a complication... i had bleeding from my port. Big time bleeding... like i took pics of it. They say if it doesnt stop in like 30 min thats when they worry lol..

Tina i wish i was always young and strong.. for some reason my body could handle this but child birth is a diff ball game, epidurals dont work for me, so i could feel them cutting into my stomach and i was crawling up the surgery table. So i have had my share of complications, needless to say i woke up 4 hrs after my baby was born... they had to general anesthesia me down. Then i had a bad infection and was stuck in the hospital for a week....

My baby came out at a score of 3 she was not awake, and had to be brought back... good thing i missed that part though.. i woulda lost it.......

So yeah hit and miss... everyone is diff and we all can handle different stuff.

Ladies audrey is driving me nuts today i think shes givin me a total of 1 hr where she was NOT ontop of me. what is it with mommys and their babis, i want a break:( I just told my mom im shipping her back to god.....:wink2:

ARghh...........Nicole. That sounds crazy painful!! Having babies is hard enough...............I am SO GLAD you and Auds are both ok...........really scary and you still went under again!!

ok I'm not going to worry myself about what may or may not happen. But I'll tell you I had a panic attack when I got my cpap machine. I couldn't breath and went nut right in the Drs office. I'm ok with pain so I hope I don't have the breathing problem because I'm sure it will be all bad.

ok Sara from Kaiser didn't call me back on friday. She had said she was going submit my lab order. Do I have to fast for it? I was think ing of doing it tomorrow.

No I don't remember any fasting for pre op laps........you will probably be getting a EKG too........the line for that was long............in sacramento

hmm that's good to know. I was in the hospital for chest pain earlier this year, they ran every test under the sun turns out it was a really really bad case of gas. So Dr Park said she was going to use those results, but that was 3 months ago so maybe I'll have to do them again.

Jess...Im pretty sure you will have to do them again.. If i remember they said it had to be less then 4 weeks old.

Tina, if you remember my husband being a jerk before surgery with all the say goodbye to your baby and all that tear jerkin crap, is cause of what happened a year prior...

I am so glad i did it also though:)

Girls i feel like crap so im going to bed, i have the worst Migraine, oh and i felt my band for the first time since my fill guess when.. Well i asked mike to break my tylenol in half.... I FELT THOSE! And then i heard these lil squeaky sounds, like my band was burping or something.. i dont know how to explain it closest would be like when ur stomach growls.. it was nuts. I just thought it was crazy that my 1/2 tylenols are the first thing i felt.

But i am feelin kinda shitty so maybe its swellin in there? I hopeits not a bug that i got from auds. But she stoped vomitting and NO diarrhea today since we got home. She has had a ton of Water too:) BUT she was on me ALLLLL day, she gave me probably 1 hr of break. Very mommy bound:(

So yeah im going to bed, ill chat with you all tomorrow.