Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

My mom has been driving me crazy asking how much I have lost.........I think she thought it would be faster and she is trying to sign me up for this diet program in september. I keep telling her no I am already doing a program and I trust the surgeon. She got upset with me last night and told me I never listen to anything she says................she is on this really strict vegan thing and even though she is think she is still lumpy if you know what I mean. She constantly puts Kaiser and Robin down and keeps talking about how to many protiens is not healthy and meat eating will kill ya. She told me if I eat meat I will die of cancer even it I taste it ladies!! So you get the idea of how radical she is in her thinking!! Granted I don't like meat but she is driving me crazy with her trying to know more than the bariatrics program and trying to tell me they don't know what they are doing. Her brother who is a doctor has said from day one he doesn't like the band and that it doesn't work.........he has patients who didn't do well with it.........and so she is always worried what is is gonna say about my weight loss so far. She also was talking to a doctor friend of hers last weekend and he told her I should have just lost it on my own............seriously she worries so much about what other people think and is driving me loony right now.

Minding her own business would be appreciated !! :-)

I think she doesn't like slow weight lose is a success cause she is driving me crazy thiw weekend.

Edited by swrktp

Wow, Tina, that's harsh! I hope your mom lightens up soon. If she's so worried about what other people think then she shouldn't be telling them YOUR business. it would take the pressure off.

My brother, was like your sister where he got everything handed to him and I had to work for it - but, i am thankful for that because i learned at a young age, as you did, how to take care of myself and now my brother is living with ME, in MY loft and i'm helping to take care of him AND his kids.

Yea I learned to take care of myself too and I am glad. My sister is married now but has a hard time working full time since she is not used to it. She moves around from job to job. ............her husband makes good money so he doesn't care. But I call her flighty since she is never content to stay in one spot for very long.

Yea my mom is an approval seeker. I don't care about my uncle he is radical like my mom. I know where he is coming from and I told her I don't care what he says. My uncle is very old school he was also against my sister getting lasik on her eyes that is is just him...........but my mom always wants people to approve of her and her family so she talks to much.

this is typical for my mom just a different situation. I told Dr. Baggs about her before surgery and he laughed and said he would explain things to her.......she thought I was getting a removable device installed through the mouth!! LOL. He laughed and said he would explain it ot her for me!!

Nicole, I just got a call from my credit union - somebody is using my credit card to shop on-line so I had to shut it down. the only time I've used it in the last 3 months is for the wild tree oil. Anyway, I've cancelled the card - please let me know if the transaction for the oil didn't go thru.

I will check my card too. But so far I think I am ok with my bank............

Hi all -

I am back home from camping (in the RV). The Auburn RV Park was relaxing, but not much for the kids to do and it was very hot. I rode my bike twice - not big enough to do more than ride in circles. We did swim about 3 times a day and I had some wonderful naps. I did okay with my food although had trouble keeping dense Protein down on Friday. Camping and pbing seem to go hand and hand for me.

Sorry to hear your trip was so horrible Nicole. How is Auds feeling now?

I'll check back in later - need to check the dryer and take the RV back to the storage place.

Hi everyone, so auds had 7 teething tabs and finally calmed down to nap and now she seems to be doing better...rehydrating:) and eating junk with her mom. One thing i hate about campin all the junk left over.

Family dynamics are so not what i thought they were supposed to be. I agree bran has always had everything handed to her also. FOR instance.. ok shes 22 this year has not once ever paid rent. Live in my parents other house for free her bf now doesnt pay rent either. Neither work. My parents pay for them and the baby. Then my mom GAVE hera car for shawn and my dad gave her another car for her. So she has 4 cars now that all run and are good, we have 2 one that has 280k miles and no ac and the windows are stuck up, and the oil has to be refilled each use. Not a reliable piece of crap. Then mom told bran she can have the Fridge and Washer and Dryer! I put my foot down though and told her im taking the washer and dryer when we move if we need it. Its bull that bran gets all the stuff she wants, and the lawn mower etc. I do love my sister but she like urs tina is the Skinny one.. (the first skinniest in the group at camping) and people honestly do use that as a favoring situation.. even if u loose all your weight it doesnt matter your still "heavy" whatever.:wink2: My sister is called the Camillion cause she makes EVERYONE happy lol, she will say whatever it is she has to to be on your good side....

Pam im so glad you had a better time then me, and yes i agree the heat was MISERABLE. Did you know it actually hit 107 yesterday? atleast where we were:)

Candra, i have a feeling ur card and wildtree are not connected, because 1. i trust the consultant and also people can get ur card from many places. I worked in banking for a long time, and found peoples numbers were mostly stolen from either emailing the number, or statements. Did they get you the info on who was using it? If so id press charges. I used 2 cc for my wildtree order and not one have weired charges.

I hate that happened though good thing you caught it thank god!

I hope everyone is doing well today!

ohand your Wildtree order is cleared that cleared like last tuesday so dont worry, atleast if it didnt we would know:D But i know mine has cleared both my accts:)

We will go anyone else?

Woo-hoo, Hendy Woods has spaces, September 11-13 . . .but filling fast. It's my favorite for families, great places for them to bike and BEAUTIFUL hiking trails! On the Navarro River . . although it will no doubt be very low this drought year, close to the coast and fab! Hendy Woods SP

Jeeze laides, you think there's some relation to being the underdog in the family and being fat LOL

Nicole, I highly doubt wild tree had anything to do with it too. It's a brand new card cuz my last one expired on 6/30 so I think that when I threw away the envelope and papers the new card came with, it forgot to shred it and someone got it. they shopped on line at kmart, old navy, virizon and ticket master (r. kelley tickets) glad they are having a good time hahaha. they spent about $1,500.

I actually think that weight has to do with family issues.....overweight people tend to have unresolved issues............usually anger that can't be expressed.

I know for me the more weight I lose the mother angry I am getting about stuff..........just realized that the last couple of weeks. I have a pissy attitude about things than the next thing you know I want to cry for no reason...........I guess all those feelings pushed down with food are getting all cleaned out of my system. I am getting angry at stuff I would have ignored before. I am tired of getting dumped on or people just assuming they can get me to do things for them with guilt trips..........I am thinking I must have let this stuff slide before otherwise why are people just assuming I will do what they want without asking me first??

Ok my daughter is home and my house which was clean last night is torn up. I am trying to get her to clean up her messes............I guess I will have to supervise since she can listen to instructions.

Edited by swrktp

Welcome back, Pam!

I just got off the phone with Jessika/PnkPassion... she had her surgery on the 14th and just got home yesterday! She was in the hospital for 4 days - she got the band not RNY! she said she had a hard time breathing after the operation. She didn't have to lose any weight first and she felt like they didn't prepare her for anything, she has major gas and get this, she's drinking Water out of a straw! They didn't tell her not to drink out of straws! Poor baby! Ok, so she also got a letter from her insurance company saying the liver biopsy was denied.... she was unaware that a liver biopsy was being done. did any of you have that done during your surgeries??

Tina, Ur probably right, we eat to cover up our hurt & anger with our families. we can't turn to them so we turn to the kitchen! Grrr.

I had a really hard time breathing after surgery too. Really, really hard time..............scared me. It took me about an hour to finally get to where I could breathe without thinking about it and forcing myself to breathe.......in and out.........in and out..........that was the worst part of surgery for me.......once I could breathe it wasn't to bad.............I think after surgery I just didn't want to breathe on my own it hurt to bad?

But I was sorta prepared becuase I read all the surgery stories on lap band talk before hand. Some people get the breathing thing and I was one of them...........

good evening ladies,

Wow Nicole, sounds like it was a horrible experience, glad Auds is doing better. I'm sure it was all heat related.

Sometimes family can be very insensitive, even though they think they are offering up good advice and words of wisdom. Perhaps it's because they can't talk that stuff to non family members.

You know Candra when I fall off the wagon I have a cup of green tea or something to kind of detox and get right back on program. It's probaly all in my mind but I feel like I have a clean slate so try it.

I know i'll be having some tonight. I went out with my girlfriends today for lunch and I ordered the tostada salad and really didn't eat much but I made up for it in chips...way off program. I really have a hard time hanging out with my friends. I hate feeling like I can't participate, I mean I can but I just don't know when to stop.