Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok Jes...we will draw a 'cute curvy stick' figure of you! lol And anyone else missing!

Tina, might be doable...call me (left u a msg!) Donna

Donna what time is the meeting on the 25th?

morning ladies

I went to do my weight check exactly 190.0 yes yes yes!!!

I just called Bev so they are going to call me back with my appointments. Happy Happy Happy

Oh Tina, I'm Jewel aka Jes :cursing:

Congrats Jes! What is you ultimate goal? You know what my next question is right? LOL.

Reggie- I'm not sure what I want my goal to be....Dr park says it should be 120 but I don't know I'm thinkin more like 140ish but god only knows, I'll cross that bridge when I get closer.

ok I'm slow, what's your next question?

OMG! why hasn't kaiser called me back? I need to know what's next:redface:

Olay lovies. I love Dr. Park. She is great. Couldn't have been happier. I had my Orientation on the 14 today I had my consult with Dr. Parks. She wants me to lose 13 more pounds before I schedule for surgery. I also got an appointment today and already seen the phyc. I got in on a cancellation today at 1130. So now I have to lose the 13 pounds before I see the case manager and schedule my surgery!!!!

13 pounds is a lot of me since it takes the act of god for me to lose weight. Also she was saying without saying.. that for me the gastric would be best. I left feeling so undecided... UGH... Anyway, she was very informative and straight forward. Ohhhh why is there so many overweight people who work there??? I was confused. I'm not being rude but it's like going to a skinny baker. Don't you like your own bread? ??? I dunno...

That's GREAT! Only 13 lbs! But PLEASE don't let ANYone talk you into RNY if it is not what YOU want! This is for YOU, and this is about the REST of YOUR life, not about the Kaiser Richmond weight loss statistics!!! Stick to your guns! She does a great job with lap-band too, you just have to tell her that's what you want!

That's GREAT! Only 13 lbs! But PLEASE don't let ANYone talk you into RNY if it is not what YOU want! This is for YOU, and this is about the REST of YOUR life, not about the Kaiser Richmond weight loss statistics!!! Stick to your guns! She does a great job with lap-band too, you just have to tell her that's what you want!

Thank you Riley.. I am really confused on what is best for me. The only reason I didn't want lap band was becasue I am scared of my stomach being separated into two... I want what is going to help me with the life long change... From what she was saying the gastric would be a better fit... I dunno... need to do more research before I make a decision.

You know that is typical for kaiser and for Dr. Parks. I am not surprized at all. I waa confused after orientation too. I didn't decide for a month. It makes it hard when you feel like the doctor is not pro lap band for you. Dr. Baggs was open either way but I still got the idea he liked RNY better..........I asked him to pick for me and he said no he really wanted me to pick myself and told me to take my time and research it. I think Liz tried to schedule me for RNY twice though...............I would have like the quick weight lose of RNY but I just couldn't re route my stomach I didn't think it was right........what is later it wasn't a fit and than it was too late............they can't reattach your stomcah.........

Anyway I think alot of us were conufused after orientation.

That's so funny, Dr. Fisher didn't even suggest I get RNY (And I have a bunch more to lose than youse guys!). For your new ladies, I have to lose 84 lbs pre-op.

It's wierd. I'm now feeling that I'm not going to be ready for surgery in a few months. Like, I'm losing so fast maybe I just keep doing the pre-op diet and see how it goes. Anyone else feel like that?

Tina- we got the seniority list emailed dept-wide. Oh, and I'm never the same weight all day long. It's like I can never trust my scale, I have to take a few measurements throughout the day. My mom is the same way, I can vary 4 lbs in any given day so I just count my morning weight as my true weight.

They haven't given up the seniority list. It is a big mystery still. On our end I think they are still sorting through the details and trying to figure out who fits where...............

Dr. Baggs just explained both surgeries to me. told him I was leaning towards lap band and he showed me the stats on both. But seriously I was frustrated cause he won't tell me what he thought was the best one for me. LOL. He did say that with my BMI of 41 that lap band seemed to work best on BMI 42 or below but he also stated that was a stat and depended on the person and the how they used the band. He did tell me that being vegetarian he would have concerns about the malasorbation part of the RNY. But he seriously won't lean one way or another with me. I tried to get his professional opinion but well ...............I chose the lap band on my own as you probably figured out!!

My weight also is all over the place too. LOL Today I was having a hard time with protien. Breakfast and lunch I gave up by 2pm and just ate frozen yogurt which is bad I know but I think my band needed a rest today..............I am doing liquid protien tonight. Some days I just can't eat the protien without it coming back up...............my band is moody today!!

I am afraid to see the calorie damage today with that frozen yogurt. I figured it was better than ice cream......

Heather several times I thought about forgetting the band and just going with the pre op diet..........especially the last week before surgery when I was so nervous. (check old posts) But there is a difference with the band once you get some restriction. The other thing is I don't how long the pre opt diet is suppose to go..........Robin told me it was a quick fix diet and probably won't be a good choice long term.........as in forever. I took it as this is just to get to me to the band and than I have to learn to eat with the band.

I still think you should get the band Heather but only you know. It does help ladies out there not banded.......it makes a difference.

it's funny I have dr. park and after talking about my history she asked if I had an idea of what I wanted and i said lapband. She said based on everything she saw she would recommend the lapband too. So we barley talked about RNY. It could have something to do with my size and all of my health issues. I don't know.

In the beginning I said I'm just going to go though the whole process and then change my mind if I want. BUt after hanging out here with you ladies I'm convinced that I want the band just to keep it off. So I know I'm not changing my mind.

I like the lapband.

I sorta wish Dr. BAggs had lead me one way or another though. I like that Dr. Parks does that..................

I never really knew if Dr. Baggs thought I made the right choice. He just told me with my hx and issues either would be fine................I guess I was seeking apprroval.