Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Well ladies, the Kaiser scales are at it again. I had another weight check today and their scale had me 8 lbs heavier than I was this morning! So Dr. Fisher can see 37 lbs lost, not my 45 lbs. But I'd say it's still significant.

It's funny, I was thinking about my surgeon consult at UC Davis, and the surgeon told me flat out, "You won't lose 100lbs with a lap band". I had told Dr. Fisher about how UCD was just a bad fit and he was defending them. "It's a good program, we've worked with them"... etc. Ugh. It makes me mad because I feel like there are so many programs out there who push RNY on people who aren't 100% sure. I was told they would only do RNY, so I walked. Dr. Fisher said definately lapband, no way RNY. I hate that there are so many people out there who want the lap band and could be successful, but they're stuck with a crappy program. I feel so fortunate.

Heather how much more do you have to go? Half way there? I remember your consult....seems you are doing damn good!:)

I was very much swayed towards RNY after orientation. I did my own research and went out to lunch with RNY's talked to medical people in my family. I went in wanting lap band and after a good month of debating I went back to lap band.............Dr. BAggs was totally cool about the whole thing didn't pressure me at all. Wouldn't decide for me which I asked him to do..........he said I should decide.

I talked to RNY's that were 100% honest with me. Some said it was great but some told me to reconsider. Some had leakage and malnutrition problems. Some gained the weight back, some where in and out of the hospital. And two had no problems and were happy. That is the honestly I needed to decide. ALl of them said they would do it again despite the problems............but at least I knew what to expect. Lap band I only talked to one person who had it and she was a nurse practitioner and told me that as a medical person she researched it and found it was the safest procedure..............she has lost 60 pounds the last year and is discourage that things slowed down but happy she did it still.............

I just want honesty not only the resy side of things. That is why I tell people the truth surgery does hurt but not unbearable..........I didn't like the first week after surgery and I do PB a coupld times a week and it sucks.......but I have lose 42 pounds about 17 more than I have ever lost..................

Heather i hate kaisers scales, and they are all different lol.

Go Tina stick up for all of us girls:D I agree Sheena we love you but if you are going to post you need to post the parts about lunch meat not going down even though you are an RNY.. and other struggles you have had that I as a bandster have not had any of....

All of our bodies are different and all of our bodies react different to each surgery. But you do need to say more of what yo uhave gone thru instead of just the positive. After all this IS a LAP BAND board, you don't need to confuse everyone with Gastric Bypass positive only stories..

It is a personal decision, and honestly if anyone is on a Lap Band board then they have already 90% made up their mind that they want a less invasive procedure done. Until someone comes bragging about her weight loss.

Like i said you are welcome on our board but keep in mind this is a Lap Band board not a gastric board, and all of us lap band girls are very close to goal.... Close to our Low goal at that.

I agree Tina: cause if someone had lunch with us they would know we are also the complete opposite story. I was walking on the treadmill 4 hrs after i was released from the hospital.... Yeah i had pain, but was only on pain meds for 2 days... I have not PBed, Gotten stuck or vomited. Everything goes down WAY TO DARN EASILY. And i have lost 37 lbs since surgery 79 total more then i ever have also. I would also do it again in a heart beat.

Thats what is so cool about people is how we all are so different. And unfortunately our lovely Tina has had the most issues with her band:frown: but still loves it.

I was very much swayed towards RNY after orientation. I did my own research and went out to lunch with RNY's talked to medical people in my family. I went in wanting lap band and after a good month of debating I went back to lap band.............Dr. BAggs was totally cool about the whole thing didn't pressure me at all. Wouldn't decide for me which I asked him to do..........he said I should decide.

I talked to RNY's that were 100% honest with me. Some said it was great but some told me to reconsider. Some had leakage and malnutrition problems. Some gained the weight back, some where in and out of the hospital. And two had no problems and were happy. That is the honestly I needed to decide. ALl of them said they would do it again despite the problems............but at least I knew what to expect. Lap band I only talked to one person who had it and she was a nurse practitioner and told me that as a medical person she researched it and found it was the safest procedure..............she has lost 60 pounds the last year and is discourage that things slowed down but happy she did it still.............

I just want honesty not only the resy side of things. That is why I tell people the truth surgery does hurt but not unbearable..........I didn't like the first week after surgery and I do PB a coupld times a week and it sucks.......but I have lose 42 pounds about 17 more than I have ever lost..................

I like to hear the truth is all. I always appreciate knowing the truth good, bad and ugly. I always try to tell the truth good bad and ugly. LOL. Ok, ok but if you read my posts ya'all know that much.

Come one three visits from Aunt Flowie, PB'ing, gas pain after surgery, and inappropriate burping all the time!!! I do have belly scars that might not ttotally go away.....

But I still like my band. I definetely eat better and feel better and I am down three sizes in 6 months..........

But if I am gonna put my reality out there I hope other people will too. Makes it hard to open up if other people don't do the same in return.

One thing I love about our forum people put the truth out there and I don't feel alone in my struggles. If all of you were only posting the postives only I would feel like I was not really doing to well since I struggle in certain areas still..............

Ok, ok..............I gotta sleep.< /p>

Edited by swrktp

Nicole I am a vegetarian and I think that makes a big difference..........................thank God I did not do RNY since I struggle with my nutritionand protien with the band!! But really I think my slower weight loss and struggles has some to do with my diet adn refusal to eat meat.............ah Riley can speak on that.

WLS is not an easy road being veggie..........but doable!!

Oh yeah i post my struggles, and my downsides, ie dancing thighs :) AND everyone knows i can eat whatever i want whenever i want and however much i want:(

InsideOut

SHe is really cool just taking a different road than the rest of us. I was not trying to get something started. Just being honest and asking for honesty in return. Hard to make a decision for the new people if they don't know all the facts.

Oh dear I didn't mean to get something started........just wanted to make a point about putting it ALL out on the table good and bad.

Tina nothing is started:D Everything positive and negative needs to be out on the table:D

InsideOut

SHe is really cool just taking a different road than the rest of us. I was not trying to get something started. Just being honest and asking for honesty in return. Hard to make a decision for the new people if they don't know all the facts.

Oh dear I didn't mean to get something started........just wanted to make a point about putting it ALL out on the table good and bad.

Well sometimes I think it is better to blurt something out than to not say anything and get more and more annoyed...........I know I can be a bit agressive sometimes. It was meant in good will I assure you.

No tofu but I am suppose to eating that.

Kaiser would prefer I eat meat. I would probably lose faster. But I really, really hate it and I am willing to lose slower..........most of the time anyway..........if I can eat veggie.

I don't eat much carbs, no soda ***grumbling to self about loving diet coke***** I eat protien just have to work to get 60g a day..........it is all good. Just like 1 freaking pound a week..............LOL.