Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Not going camping...................staying home.

Ok I have 100 pounds to lose and lost 42 so I am at 42% I guess...............8 more pounds and I will hit m;y 50% but the thing is I won't be ok with 50%......that is still 204!! Nope I can't be in the 50% percentile...........I want to be 154 or less!!

Hey is that 50% before or AFTER surgery. My total weight lose is 42% but just from surgery...........what 22% I think.................half before and half after!

I think its total loss. :) Tina you are so close your gonna hit ur goal FOR SURE!

I think you should stick with park.. she is a nice lady:) And your appt is soon!

It just sucks that reggie has her cause she cant be involved in our group fills or group nutrition and that sucks, but its all good:D No matter what you will get your fill via the surgeon which matters and you will get your one on one with Robin for nutrtion after your first fill.:) So just take what ya can:D

Dr. Park was my surgeon and she was very educational about both procedures but she educated me about the lap band and RNY definitely fit me better. 30lbs in 6 weeks is great success, considering now I only have 30 to go to my high goal and 50 to my low goal. Either way she expects Ill be there in a few months.

I'm not having any more kids and the recovery with the RNY was amazingly easy. I think it was personal preference, but she definitely was a fantastic surgeon, you can't hardly see my incisions!

Also remember Listen to what Sheena is saying about Dr Park as a Dr dont take the loss to to heart. Because Most of us lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks. With both surgeries you loose pretty darn easy in the first 8 weeks.

Then the weight loss slows to 2 lbs or 1 lb a week for average. Both surgeries are good. One just doesnt chop your insides to hell:) And also you can eat sugars with one...

asked my dr why the fremont referral, and her response:

SANDRA SEIER MD

Received:

7/15/09 6:08 PM

Fremont is now the facility recommended for patients in this service area.

Doesnt this seem weird??? I havent heard anything about this...

Oh wow that is weired considering u are so close to Richmond, maybe they want to hold richmond open for the Sacramento patients since we drive 2 hrs to go there??? who knows..

Yup I sure did! The day she told me it was in Fremont I called and told them I am in Richmond and to send it to them!! I talked to Richmond yesterday and they have it there now, told me in a bout a week I will have my orientation date :)

Nicole you are too funny!!

In regards to Lap band vs. RNY Liz says the only different is the first year than both surgerys essentially have the same results...................Lap band has to learn good eating habits and exercise habits from day one with RNY you can have bad habits and lose until after the first year when if your not on top things you will start to gain your weight back. Similiar results different journeys............in the end we all have to learn to eat right and exercise.

Lap band hopefully doesn't cause the sagging skin but who knows.............just a theory.

True one reroutes the stomach and one doesn't. One I think is easier the first year but in the end we all end up in the same place............if you don't learn the rules you will gain the weight back.

Just be prepared that some surgeons will push RNY cause that is their preference.................you have to decide what you want and be firm about it don't let yourself get talked into something if your not sure.

evening ladies, just wanted to comment on the Dr talk. I have Dr Park even though I'm not banded yet I really like her. I don't know, I find it assuring when my Dr is a woman. I work at a medical school evaluating students. Bedside manner is key, the minute she walked in the door I started filling out the checklist in my mind and she aced it. I know Baggs is the star of this forum but I don't think sticking with Park will be a bad choice at all.

I usually prefer a woman doctor too but ..............honestly Dr. Baggs I would not have chosen.........as I prefer women, older man..........but I am glad it turned out the way it did!!

Just remember in surgery your stark naked........and peacefully asleep........but still. Having a woman for that part might be reassuring.

But again I have to recommend Dr. Baggs...........been a very good experience for me. And I like meeting up with him once a month since he is so funny and easy going.........good fit for me

I think any of the surgeons in Richmond would be fine. It just depends on the person. At first I wished I could go to the group nutrition and fills you guys have with Dr. Baggs, but after my last appointment I think I like seeing Robin alone - I get her for 45 minutes all to myself to talk. Plus Dr. Im always does his own fills - probably because he doesn't have as many lapband patients. But I think it would have been fun to meet with you - don't get me wrong. I think I am done with fills anyway.

I'm going camping Fri-Sun at the Auburn RV Park - my kind of camping - it will just be the kids and me. I took tomorrow off as I have a 11:30 appt with my therapist and didn't want to use the gas to drive to Rancho Cordova to only be there 4 hours. My band was finicky today - part of my Breakfast tuna came up - so I skipped my lunch tuna and had half a little bag of corn nuts - and then that came up. I ended up having some corn chex with milk for dinner and that has stayed down. I am going to switch to canned chicken and see if that sits better.

Sheena maybe you should put a pro and con list out on RNY. Like what you like and what works and what your struggles are. That might help all the new people get a realistic picture of both procedures. I agree the fast weight lose with RNY is a plus.............but what have been your struggles the things that are hard. I know you have pro's and cons we all do.

Everyone knows I both love and hate me band at times. But I put out the reality both good and bad.

Seems like you only post the positive eg fast weight loss but what else is going on for you. We want the whole story not just the good parts!!

Not trying to get on you but it just seems like there is more to the process and your journey than what your posting...........